sharetrader
Page 699 of 1978 FirstFirst ... 19959964968969569669769869970070170270370974979911991699 ... LastLast
Results 6,981 to 6,990 of 19773
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dompf View Post
    Good to see OCA holding up as SUM and RYM slipped back a bit today. Interesting day tomorrow when possibly see some MET money coming back in to the sector!

Shooting star is a worry In the tea leaves but long term on this looks good.

Thanks to all contributors
    I feel MET SOA already factored into the price
    Sold some today to buy a big shed
    Having see what Covid did to the SP when I was over-invested in OCA I wonder what will happen next in this unstable World .

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    I feel MET SOA already factored into the price
    Sold some today to buy a big shed
    Having see what Covid did to the SP when I was over-invested in OCA I wonder what will happen next in this unstable World .
    Now that you’re a trader, if you weren’t before, make sure you provision for tax on your capital gains.

Looking through the lens of a long term investor who has no time horizon to sell the assets, COVID was a blessing offering up an opportunity to accumulate a lot more shares at much lower prices - bringing down the average holding price of a much larger holding.

Gltah

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Now that you’re a trader, if you weren’t before, make sure you provision for tax on your capital gains.
    Assumptions being made here..... he changed his mind, he needed a shed.

So a nothing day re price action huh, I wouldnt rule out the possibility of further falls but clearly there is some resilience to the price at these levels as opposed to 1.48
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

having been through a few crisis i feel its bit soon to sell this one when you have 2 FA reports to come and we are in the midst if the current crisis..

wont return to europe until 2022. there is a forecast from one economic metrics outfit for a recession 2021 in NZ.

The recession may effect certain demographics more than others.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Assumptions being made here..... he changed his mind, he needed a shed.

So a nothing day re price action huh, I wouldnt rule out the possibility of further falls but clearly there is some resilience to the price at these levels as opposed to 1.48
    Interpretation, IRD doesn't care what your motivation is that changed your mind.

I do respect and enjoy your charts and patterns analysis, no dispute, though typically for my charts the minimum timeframe is weekly, or monthly. But I have no intention to sell this one, so am only interested in accumulating when the market decides to give me a deal.

Advanced Member

Looking through the lens of a long term investor who has no time horizon to sell the assets, COVID was a blessing offering up an opportunity to accumulate a lot more shares at much lower prices - bringing down the average holding price of a much larger holding.

Gltah
    A mute point .
    I buy with the intention of holding long-term but circumstances change and my mind changes.
    Therefore my accountant says I am not a trader.
    I only sold about 5% of my holding and I am a long-term holder .
    I might be wrong in my assumption .
    I keep a record of my intentions

Membaa

A mute point .
    I buy with the intention of holding long-term but circumstances change and my mind changes.
    OTY to do what you want to, a 'moot' point perhaps. From my time with the IRD, I prefer now to having nothing to do with them, I always use a big five accountant to front my interactions with IRD and provision for any possible downside eventuality. You sign a terms of engagement with your accountant that waives their culpability, regardless of what they advise you. Hopefully their advice is the best you can afford to buy. Your view of your intentions and actions do not necessarily reconcile with the IRD's view. Moreover, you broadcast your circumstance on a public forum, and despite your pseudonym, your identify is discoverable. Might be small beans but a lot of people here post with perhaps some false sense of impunity.

All the best.

OTY to do what you want to, a 'moot' point perhaps. From my time with the IRD, I prefer now to having nothing to do with them, I always use a big five accountant to front my interactions with IRD and provision for any possible downside eventuality. You sign a terms of engagement with your accountant that waives their culpability, regardless of what they advise you. Hopefully their advice is the best you can afford to buy. Your view of your intentions and actions do not necessarily reconcile with the IRD's view. Moreover, you broadcast your circumstance on a public forum, and despite your pseudonym, your identify is discoverable. Might be small beans but a lot of people here post with perhaps some false sense of impunity.

All the best.
    Leave fish alone let him build his garage.

Banned

A mute point .
    Circumstaces that change your intentions doesn't make you a trader if you bought as a long term hold, many things in life can come along that could influence a long term hold, its all about frequency of sales and yours don't sound that frequent.

Advanced Member

All the best.
    There are many on here that claim not to traders, but are in fact traders of shares. I would agree to a bright line tax on shares