sharetrader
Page 717 of 1980 FirstFirst ... 21761766770771371471571671771871972072172776781712171717 ... LastLast
Results 7,161 to 7,170 of 19791

Seriously Bull. What crack are you on?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post
    Seriously Bull. What crack are you on?
    The crackpot variety obviously.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    I forgot to add all those old folk in retirement units earning no interest on there term deposits going mad due to rolling lockdowns , trashing the retirement units etc some smoking P etc. retirement unit costs for maintenance etc likely to go up for operators
    Not so. Your imaginary "trashing" would be taken care of from the eventual repayment of the Occupancy Advance.

Guru

who would want to own a rental going forward? the side effect of low rates is rising inequality leading to lots more non rent paying tenants of which some will smoke P and others will trash the place all things becoming a lot more common.
    Seems to be turning into a rental property thread - something I know a bit about.
    Lots of people will want to own a rental because leverage is your friend and it is the easiest way to make capital.
    Tenants not paying rent - get rid of them (the new laws have actually made that easier for this) and get a better one. Due to the shortage of rentals there is quite a big pool of potential tenants.
    In my experience P and property trashing is rare.

I'm subdividing and building two new stand alone town houses on my property in addition to our current home.
    Looking at it compared to selling them BOTP I'll be much better off hanging onto them and becoming a landlord.

I think it might be you doing the smoking

I forgot to add all those old folk in retirement units earning no interest on there term deposits going mad due to rolling lockdowns , trashing the retirement units etc some smoking P etc. retirement unit costs for maintenance etc likely to go up for operators

This is the thing right, with giving the oldies access to the Internet...next thing they're being lead astray by binge watching Breaking Bad on Netflix during lockdown...now look what's happened, P labs being run up in your nearest Methlife retirement village...thank the lord it's now the Swede's problem. The elderly of today I tell you...they've a lot to answer for.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    This is the thing right, with giving the oldies access to the Internet...next thing they're being lead astray by binge watching Breaking Bad on Netflix during lockdown...now look what's happened, P labs being run up in your nearest Methlife retirement village...thank the lord it's now the Swede's problem. The elderly of today I tell you...they've a lot to answer for.
    Back in my day, the elderly were respectful and behaved themselves. What is the world coming to?

Another month come and gone so updated the old OCA shareprice as % SUM share price chart

A bit better looking for OCA but still below the long term average and trend

The trend line is interesting - it essentially says that ever since listing the OCA shareprice has underperformed relative to SUM (OCA up 63% with SUM up 100% in time frame of chart)

Future - well who knows. Trends that reflect 'market behaviour' once entrenched generally are hard to reverse / break (inflections points included )

Hopefully both will continue to be successful investments - but who will outperform
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Back in my day, the elderly were respectful and behaved themselves. What is the world coming to?
    Some retail sectors have a high proportion of theft and stunningly rude behaviour committed by the elderly, who have some unique justifications for their actions. Don't think that they are all respectful and behaved, as they are just human like the rest of us.

Retirement villages have some unique challenges in dealing with these same people.