sharetrader
Page 734 of 1978 FirstFirst ... 23463468472473073173273373473573673773874478483412341734 ... LastLast
Results 7,331 to 7,340 of 19773

Quote Originally Posted by fluziosaurus View Post
    First post on the oca thread, and recently brought in so go easy on me.

Will the oca sale prices be adjusted as rapidly as the house prices are changing or is that a slow and steady lagging growth? Just thinking about the housing market growth has an impact on the earnings come January.
    I think the results released in January will surpass the markets expectation due to the insane housing market, pent up demand from the shutdown and improving results from the developed sites starting to bear fruit. Oca has been relatively under the radar but I think January could be a real firecracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    I think the results released in January will surpass the markets expectation due to the insane housing market, pent up demand from the shutdown and improving results from the developed sites starting to bear fruit. Oca has been relatively under the radar but I think January could be a real firecracker.
    Surpassing market expectations is one thing (expectations not that great anyway) BUT WILL THEY SURPASS BEAGLES / MAV EXPECTATIONS?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by fluziosaurus View Post
    First post on the oca thread, and recently brought in so go easy on me.

Will the oca sale prices be adjusted as rapidly as the house prices are changing or is that a slow and steady lagging growth? Just thinking about the housing market growth has an impact on the earnings come January.
    It has an impact downwards, like recently when some muppets devalued OCA estate capital value, so it stands to reason the opposite happens when they realise the muppets were wrong and the cap value needs to reset not just to previous, but to current market. Boom badda boom!!!

Has anyone recently priced an OCA unit of any type and is able to compare it to 6 months ago to say if they have moved with the market?

Last I looked on lockdoem or around abouts they were 440000 in hasting new ones. Then the shot up to 540000 in a short space of time. That was the last I looked

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan View Post
    But, hang on. Wasn't it the Westpac economists who reckoned the housing market would decline by 7%?
    Yet it's increased by 15%.
    Who can believe anything they say?
    They are economists. Like politicians, priests, stock market analysts or anybody else do they have no clue what's around the next concealed corner, so you as well might believe their predictions and forecasts same as you believe anybody else's forecasts.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    Last I looked on lockdoem or around abouts they were 440000 in hasting new ones. Then the shot up to 540000 in a short space of time. That was the last I looked
    Jeez - what a gold mine if most of OCA units have gone up 20%

The increase flows through to profit when sold doesn’t it ...extra to planned profit too

No sign of the “wall of money”. Needing some positive press to drive to next target price. $1.50 - $1.60?

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    No sign of the “wall of money”. Needing some positive press to drive to next target price. $1.50 - $1.60?
    Ryman's half-year results are out tomorrow so that may do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    The much touted ‘wall of money’ came and went a while ago .....driving the price up to the 130’s