sharetrader
Page 739 of 1978 FirstFirst ... 23963968972973573673773873974074174274374978983912391739 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,390 of 19771

Perhaps as well as this.

'Risk of a sharp correction': Reserve Bank's house price warning
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...TCN7NUO325GYM/

Heard it all before. Like 8 months ago when Pandemic started. Now where are we? Going to take more than Letters from a Politician and Threats from RBNZ to make it happen..

Quote Originally Posted by wagwan View Post
    Letter is a response to public pressure and keeping political capital in place. Will it have any real impact?

Orr's response, translated eloquently in the link below, suggests not. Sounds like RBNZ will move on data, not letters.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/politics/25...tters-decoded/
    robinson in effect has announced a working group lol and passed the buck , but with the issue a political one now ( the opposition will use it to attack the govt on all fronts) i cannot see how rbnz or govt cannot do something material to effect the market weather thru supply or monetary policy. if anything i think the pace of gains going forward in time wont be the same.
    Last edited by bull....; 25-11-2020 at 11:49 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Surprised one or two of our resident TA experts haven't commented on the abandoned baby TA...share price certainly looked like one in the last couple of days.
    Must be trading very close too or below net asset value now. Got to be the BUY of the sector at the current price surely !

I agree with the prevailing sentiment that Govt talk is cheap and the massive imbalance with demand dramatically outstripping supply will see house prices heading significantly further upwards in the foreseeable future. I expect OCA will reap those benefits in the current year and in the years ahead. OCA remains my largest market investment and I have no interest whatsoever in selling.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/money/othe...?ocid=msedgntp
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-11-2020 at 12:05 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

bull is correct , its the biggest Hail Marry yet for a government that failed in housing and now has thrown in the towel...

its a shocker ...

interest rates from the FED will stay low... no one can increase them again that dollar without hurting there own exports...
    Last edited by Waltzing; 25-11-2020 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    robinson in effect has announced a working group lol and passed the buck , but with the issue a political one now ( the opposition will use it to attack the govt on all fronts) i cannot see how rbnz or govt cannot do something material to effect the market weather thru supply or monetary policy. if anything i think the pace of gains going forward in time wont be the same.
    Yep agree completely.

Supply feedback loop will be slow though, and needs to keep up at least with demand from (a) potential returnees (although I reckon the impact of this has been materially overstated), and (b) organic population growth.

"Least regrets" approach from RBNZ seems to be in full affect

Also, given the amount of public, and private, debt now in the financial system - any increase in the cost of borrowing would have to be slow in implementation otherwise servicing would go through the floor, and with it consumer confidence and spending. Economy to follow.
    Last edited by wagwan; 25-11-2020 at 12:05 PM.

"The idea that a “flood of New Zealanders” are coming back to New Zealand is a myth, economists say, and that could have significant implications for the year ahead"

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/300...economists-say

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    "The idea that a “flood of New Zealanders” are coming back to New Zealand is a myth, economists say, and that could have significant implications for the year ahead"

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/300...economists-say
    Backward looking. A recent survey in the UK showed a whopping 44% of ex pats there intended to return to N.Z. either in the next year or the one thereafter. Bottleneck at the border is the issue at this point in time.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Backward looking. A recent survey in the UK showed a whopping 44% of ex pats there intended to return to N.Z. either in the next year or the one thereafter. Bottleneck at the border is the issue at this point in time.
    Now that a vaccine is becoming available will there be any other reason in returning home other then to avoid COVID?

The only assumption I would make regarding property is that there is an implicit underwriting by the RBNZ and the Govt. of the day.

The increasing political pressure will merely lead to a higher level of transparency into the self-interest/hypocrisy of those at the wheel.

My opinion is that the only thing worth watching regarding real estate is interest rates and I can't see NZ bucking the global trend in the race to the bottom.

Even without the myth of record numbers returning buyers are only able to bid as high as banks will lend to them and this, is rapidly surging due to increased serviceability.