sharetrader
Page 751 of 2033 FirstFirst ... 25165170174174774874975075175275375475576180185112511751 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,510 of 20328

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Have to look at the development pipeline as well, all that stuff that's already consented, it's complicated trying to factor in the 'onboarding' of new developments but imo over the next five years OCA will significantly close the gap on all metrics against RYM and SUM. Haven't given much thought to ARV.

Anyway, it's not a race, the whole sector looks to be a good option for investors over the long term. I think it's too easy get too focused on the excitement of the next big capital gain which tends to de-focus on accumulating something we might have no intention of ever selling.
    Nicely said...just pick your favorite(s) in the sector and take a really "dogged" approach to holding.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Love your $3.00-$3.50 expectations - thought you might have stretched it $4.00 though

Good thing if that happens SUM will be $29-$33 and will have continued to outperform OCA

Seems I cant lose as a bob each way at the moment (hedging my bets the experts say)
    You could be on for a very good year ahead as Jarden rate both OCA and SUM as "outperform"
    https://www.jarden.co.nz/assets/Inve...ember-2020.pdf

Jarden are smart people. Note the use of happy imagery including a dog and grandchild on the beach at page 23 to market their wealth management business.

OCA management might like to take notes as they move slightly more towards developing upmarket apartments and selling a lifestyle.

Looking after old people is sometimes not a very "sexy" business but I feel OCA could improve their marketing by "selling the sizzle". An attractive looking couple in their early 70's with an attractive dog, (like a Beagle) and a grandchild looking happy with the Sands apartments in the background, photo taken on Browns Bay beach would be good imagery to include in their marketing material and website. Needs to be authentic though, must be a couple living at the Sands apartments who have a dog.

People moving into a new facility are worried they will be lonely and making it clear, (through good imagery) that OCA embraces them bring their pet cannot hurt their business and might help it.

Another smart example of marketing bringing in a dog to the equation https://starinsure.co.nz/get-quote/

Who remembers the Spot the telecom dog advertising campaign that was so incredibly successful for Telecom in the 1990's ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-12-2020 at 01:03 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    You could be on for a very good year ahead as Jarden rate both OCA and SUM as "outperform"

Jarden are smart people. Note the use of happy imagery including a dog and grandchild on the beach at page 23 to market their wealth management business.

OCA management might like to take notes as they move slightly more towards developing upmarket apartments and selling a lifestyle.

Looking after old people is sometimes not a very "sexy" business but I feel OCA could improve their marketing by "selling the sizzle". An attractive looking couple in their early 70's with an attractive dog, (like a Beagle) and a grandchild looking happy with the Sands apartments in the background, photo taken on Browns Bay beach would be good imagery to include in their marketing material and website. Needs to be authentic though, must be a couple living at the Sands apartments who have a dog.

People moving into a new facility are worried they will be lonely and making it clear, (through good imagery) that OCA embraces them bring their pet cannot hurt their business and might help it.

Another smart example of marketing bringing in a dog to the equation https://starinsure.co.nz/get-quote/

Who remembers the Spot the telecom dog advertising campaign that was so incredibly successful for Telecom in the 1990's ?
    I do agree that the people at Jarden are smart people. They have three other companies that are almost at the buy and not just an outperform. MFT, ZEL and our one of all our favourites ATM. Lets hope that they are correct.

Hope so. I have a lot of Kingfish warrants I am aiming to exercise in March 21 and they have heaps of ATM and MFT.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-12-2020 at 03:44 PM.

I think we've seen the thesis drawn up by OCA by the roadmap they've made to go premium. Even people here have talked about how it will go, the only thing we've not seen is the execution of it. I've still got questions about the care side of the business being an viable point of difference. I can see a huge gain from selling of units in the HY unit, but the care side of the business is still a big question mark for me.

Disc: Holder.

Guru

An attractive looking couple in their early 70's with an attractive dog, (like a Beagle) and a grandchild looking happy with the Sands apartments in the background, photo taken on Browns Bay beach would be good imagery to include in their marketing material and website. Needs to be authentic though, must be a couple living at the Sands apartments who have a dog.
    Beautiful.. They are a premium offering and should market (and price hehe) themselves as such.

Well, I suppose. However - always dangerous to rely on so called smart money getting it right. Sometimes money is not that smart at all ... and even the managers of this money happen to have better as well as not so good days.

Jarden (or NZ First as they used to call themselves at that stage) used hold plenty of CBL shares ... when the Reserve Bank discovered that CBL used to be bankrupt since IPO ... and even the infallible Warren Buffett went heavily into airlines short before they became unprofitable.

Anyway: holding OCA, but not sure I consider them as safer just because Jarden happens to be on the share register as well.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Well, I suppose. However - always dangerous to rely on so called smart money getting it right. Sometimes money is not that smart at all ... and even the managers of this money happen to have better as well as not so good days.

Jarden (or NZ First as they used to call themselves at that stage) used hold plenty of CBL shares ... when the Reserve Bank discovered that CBL used to be bankrupt since IPO ... and even the infallible Warren Buffett went heavily into airlines short before they became unprofitable.

Anyway: holding OCA, but not sure I consider them as safer just because Jarden happens to be on the share register as well.
    You know me mate...I always follow my own nose for a good feed but I couldn't help noticing that all the analysts covering OCA seem to be keen on its prospects.
    3 BUY's and 1 Accumulate. https://www.marketscreener.com/quote...268/consensus/

Commiserations to those of you who were holding A2M, but does anyone else think it could create some heat in the retirement stocks? They are just such a safe bet going forward and there is likely (even with A2 having such a drop) some cashed up investors looking for somewhere to place that $63 million that was sold of A2 today ...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TobyPascoe92 View Post
    Commiserations to those of you who were holding A2M, but does anyone else think it could create some heat in the retirement stocks? They are just such a safe bet going forward and there is likely (even with A2 having such a drop) some cashed up investors looking for somewhere to place that $63 million that was sold of A2 today ...
    Perhaps...Even our Labour PM has said kiwis expect their residential real estate always to go up in value - so I am assuming governments of all colours will protect real estate above all else. Certainly the current PM has no appetite to try to change the investment environment status quo. She may be socially liberal, but she seems to be economically conservative.

So as companies leave the NZX either through (foreign) takeovers or relocating to the ASX to access capital, all that may be left may be NZX listed companies whose assets are centred on real estate. So for the kiwis who invest outside real estate and who want to invest in listed shares, it may increasingly be a choice between NZ listed real estate centric companies or overseas listed companies. Maybe an exaggeration but, to me, that is how it seems to be headed fwiw.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 18-12-2020 at 10:39 PM.