sharetrader
Page 752 of 1980 FirstFirst ... 25265270274274874975075175275375475575676280285212521752 ... LastLast
Results 7,511 to 7,520 of 19791
    Guru

FED news on CNBC has said no interest rate rises until 2023 this morning. Doubtful there will be any rates rises here for a while and house prices up for next 5 years. This sector and commercial property. ARG, GMT Ect should also continue to be highly sort after.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    FED news on CNBC has said no interest rate rises until 2023 this morning. Doubtful there will be any rates rises here for a while and house prices up for next 5 years. This sector and commercial property. ARG, GMT Ect should also continue to be highly sort after.
    Agreed. Ultra low interest rates for the foreseeable future could see a whole decade of tailwinds for the property sector. I intend to hold OCA for at least the rest of this decade.
    SUM up 800% since listing in 2011 plus dividends, RYM up 700% plus dividends in the last decade, lets see how OCA go.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-12-2020 at 12:08 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

... have power to make you great

We have been talking about the number expat kiwis who are coming home because of covid. I am starting to wonder how many affluent foreign boomers will want to come and retire in nz. Auckland harbour is on show to the world right now, a world experiencing winter and full on covid. Many people will be spending time in their living rooms and possibly thinking "what if". These foreigners are not able to purchase nz property but can they buy a LTO in a retirement village... maybe far fetched idea and won't happen.

Veteran novice

These foreigners are not able to purchase nz property but can they buy a LTO in a retirement village... maybe far fetched idea and won't happen.
    They'll need to be around 70 years old.

... have power to make you great

70 is the new 50? Fit and active tho some will be burnt out 70 yo so there will be different motivations, common thread could be they are high risk to catch covid and die... I think if I was overseas in that age bracket with spare cash I would be seriously thinking about getting out. Problem is borders here are almost locked shut to non kiwis, I can't see that changing for a few months at least. So probably won't happen.
    Last edited by Habits; 19-12-2020 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Typo

Guru

Thanks to the analytics of MR B and MR S on these forums. The message from MR B after years of investing experience seems to be a Balanced approached to investing via Diversification, Diversification and Diversification.

Guru

There are ways around holding property in overseas locations and if they are really interested investment vehicles can be used to get property all over the world. All you need is a local registered vehicle in these country's and your away.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    Thanks to the analytics of MR B and MR S on these forums. The message from MR B after years of investing experience seems to be a Balanced approached to investing via Diversification, Diversification and Diversification.
    You will often see on this forum the term diworseification...which is not even a word but the idea touted is that you cannot really beat the market with a well diversified portfolio of shares.
    I know from decades of investing this is complete nonsense and a prudent investor first makes a very sober assessment of their ability to predict the future but nonetheless undertakes deep research and thorough analysis in the hope that with the various key companies in their portfolio they are right 75-90% of the time. Anyone who thinks they can predict the future with 100% God like accuracy and invests accordingly is at best taking an extreme risk approach and more likely, is a reckless fool in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-12-2020 at 04:01 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Veteran novice

In principle, I agree with that, Beagle. However, your post made me check up on my portfolio - I have 31 equity holdings! Time to take the pruning shears and do a bit of trimming/consolidation.

Guru

"31"

certainly has the market covered .