sharetrader
Page 759 of 1979 FirstFirst ... 25965970974975575675775875976076176276376980985912591759 ... LastLast
Results 7,581 to 7,590 of 19785

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    If it's not about OCA, kindly go away.

Chart looks good for a test of ATH during January.
    Baabaa, gotta love that fib retracement pattern between the 2 points of significant difference ie the COVID low sp and the recent high $1.49 ... then the hold between 0.5 and 0.382 before the upside break. Coupled with the channel, looks like sp could move to 1.60-ish. Nice graph.

once 1.45 goes should be off to the races ahead of results
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Agreed, share price tracking nicely. How long will it take for oca to out strip arv share price? Since arv listing late 2014 their share price has has increased approximately 88%. Since oca listed May 2017, share price has increased approximately 84% that is in a little over half the time it has taken arv to get to its current share price. Not bad going I say.
    Next fortnight oca share price movement will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    And then we will able say ‘we’ll never see $1.50 again’

OCA - the share you can’t have too many of (unless one has self imposed portfolio weighting limits)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    In my humble opinion “care” is what is going to be needed the most in the future. Sure, there will always be wealthy retirees who want a lifestyle village/apartment retirement, but the vast majority of people are not/won’t be in that category. In my job in a small NGO rest home, I am already seriously concerned about the changing dynamics we are now seeing. Our last two incoming residents were 99 and 94. Our youngest resident is 70. Our oldest has just turned 104. I don’t do day shifts so I can’t speak for day staff, but those of us working afternoons (3.30-11pm) are already struggling. The needs of our residents are increasing at what feels like a rate of knots. I just did a weekend supervisor shift and I am exhausted - physically and mentally. With only two staff on before 4.30pm, and after 7.30pm, we were running all night. We didn’t get to sit down and write our notes until 10.40pm. We had one 10 minute cuppa break at 6pm and our dinner break at 8.25pm - we were then back up at 8.35pm. We are classed as rest home level care. If this is what basic rest home level care looks like now, in 6 months or a year, we will not be able to cope with current staffing levels. OCA has it right - they seem to be the only ones who recognise that the demands for care are about to sky rocket. Care will always be subsidised by the government - regardless of which party is in power. Costs will no doubt increase, so fees will follow. But the government will continue to meet this cost. Care subsidies will always be guaranteed income to care facilities.

I hold OCA for this very reason. Their philosophies are reasonably well aligned with my own. Care is my passion and I feel it is also theirs. Yes, they still need their apartments and independent units, but care will be more important down the track than many realise.

Thanks Justakwi - I find your posts have real compassion and a measured feel about them.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    …Care subsidies will always be guaranteed income to care facilities.

I hold OCA for this very reason. Their philosophies are reasonably well aligned with my own. Care is my passion and I feel it is also theirs. Yes, they still need their apartments and independent units, but care will be more important down the track than many realise.
    What a great service you provide. I hope you are right and that care subsidies will continue to cover all the costs - and the increasing higher needs costs of those even in rest home level care - involved.

I fear however that even this Labour government is more concerned for the protection of residential real estate owners’ capital gains than in protecting the returns for those who provide good care for the increasing numbers of people requiring such high level care. For that reason I think that perhaps an investment in a retirement company with more of its assets in land ownership and the provision of ORAs (as opposed to investment in the provision of care) may still provide greater investment returns for its investors.

Disc. This is my opinion. Definitely DYOR. I have approximately equal value shareholdings in OCA and SUM; smaller holding in ARV.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 05-01-2021 at 03:44 PM.

Late and big drop for OCA this afternoon, not shared by the others in the sector.

IMO

Someone wanted to buy his girlfriend a big diamond ring maybe.

372k queuing between $1.38 & $1.35 appears there's not a lot of buyers otherwise.

disc: held

Did not expect that drop. Holiday blimp, expect a quick rebound tomorrow. Chance to top up on weakness.