sharetrader
Page 776 of 1979 FirstFirst ... 27667672676677277377477577677777877978078682687612761776 ... LastLast
Results 7,751 to 7,760 of 19788
    Guru

DISC: not moving more into this stock at the moment until we see a conformation that the units converted and sold convert to an increase in top line revenue and bottom line profits.

Result is good except for less margin, which is to be expected. Would really have to wonder about anyone that thought the 40% margin or 36% margin achieved in 2h19 and 1h20 could be maintained indefinitely. I expect the current margin is closer to the long term average. I encourage people to look at the long term target margins of summerset and Ryman.

Also FYI margin would be even less than stated if common use assets e.g roads, communal buildings were Portioned out to the individual units of a new development.
    Last edited by James108; 22-01-2021 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    Result is good except for less margin, which is to be expected. Would really have to wonder about anyone that thought the 40% margin or 36% margin achieved in 2h19 and 1h20 could be maintained indefinitely. I expect the current margin is closer to the long term average. I encourage people to look at the long term target margins of summerset and Ryman.

Also FYI margin would be even less than stated if common use assets e.g roads, communal buildings were Portioned out to the individual units of a new development.
    They didn't mention margin % in this report but seems significantly lower compared to 1H 2020 as they sold 44% more. Have you worked out their margin % of 1H 2021?

*Buckles seatbelt for the next 5 years as I’m not smart enough to be a trader. :P

I like the company and results are good, real estate market still very strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    DISC: not moving more into this stock at the moment until we see a conformation that the units converted and sold convert to an increase in top line revenue and bottom line profits.
    Waltzingironmansinlgescul- I have always wondered, when you say 'we' who is we? (If you don't mind saying and hope that I'm not invading on anything). Also, I appreciate your contributions on ST.

Guru

Note there is some good support coming on in the 140's.

We are not selling this stock today nor buying.

DISC: we is used as Lord Denning would use the word in relation to company law. Mr B will understand this im sure. I think if we do get the much appreciated company of the Brilliant MR B perhaps he might also change his persona to be Lord Denning himself. It may provide a more distanced yet present personification of his knowledge.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 22-01-2021 at 11:18 AM.

Guru

Looks like the downramping effort - which started yesterday - managed to shake a few people out.

The company is building for the future. Long-term investors will live with the lower dividend in expectation of greater rewards down the track.

I usually trade / invest on the ASX as there are not many places to put your money on the NZX. People retiring in large numbers is one thing you can bank on however.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Looks like the downramping effort - which started yesterday - managed to shake a few people out.

The company is building for the future. Long-term investors will live with the lower dividend in expectation of greater rewards down the track.

I usually trade / invest on the ASX as there are not many places to put your money on the NZX. People retiring in large numbers is one thing you can bank on however.
    Yes...I can live with the lower dividend and intend to hold. However...I would like to have seen a little colour about why the dividend is lower and what the future plan is for the dividend. Quick scan of the various documents did not reveal anything.
    They are a decent portion of our portfolio now and we try not to eat capital gains...i.e. I don't like selling.

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    Note there is some good support coming on in the 140's.

We are not selling this stock today nor buying.

I am very disappointed with the low dividend, so sold 1/3 of my holding. At their current dividend yield that gives me almost 100 years of dividend payout nice and early, that I can invest in HGL or HGH for a much higher yield and some growth.

Guru

"People retiring in large numbers is one thing you can bank on however."

" 100 years of dividend payout nice and early, that I can invest in HGL or HGH for a much higher yield and some growth"

A calculation of profit in hand is prudent compared to the time taken to equal that with dividend alone.

We do this calculation constantly in models.

Last edited by Waltzing; 22-01-2021 at 11:22 AM.