sharetrader
Page 792 of 1979 FirstFirst ... 29269274278278878979079179279379479579680284289212921792 ... LastLast
Results 7,911 to 7,920 of 19783

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Had a coffee with a guy who seems to know an awful lot about Oceania property sales. The insight I got was that over time their unit selling prices haven't increased as much as property prices (on a region basis). In other words they've left a bit (maybe lots) on the table and not got 'full' price for their sales. He did sale they are addressing this and hopefully will get higher prices in the future

A few other insights but it's all looking good at Oceania

Jeez analysts are talking eps 20 cents or more in 2026 and that if that huge growth sees a rerate to a PE of 30 that's a share price of $6.00 in 2025 ... not too shabby. Shareprice more than trebles in 4 tears or so ...... can't have too many Oceania .... doesn't seem worthwhile in holding anything else
    I get it your comment is tongue in cheek but the reality is that two retirement companies have a realistic chance of seeing the PE the market accords them materially expand over the years ahead as they prove their ongoing ability to grow eps and two don't (who have already proven their ability but are looking highly likely to stumble in their forthcoming reporting round, for one, not by any means the first time). Hmmm...when was the last year RYM did actually achieve their stated mid term objective of growing underlying eps by 15% per annum ?

On the other subject, in my opinion it never hurts to take a sip off the top of one's cappuccino (so too speak), every now and again especially if its to rebalance one's portfolio after making stellar 100%+ gains. (I have to fix one of my decks).
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-02-2021 at 01:03 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I have to fix one of my decks.
    Caulk the seams with oakum and pour on hot pitch!

Share price is going to get 160 ....isn’t it?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

yes on the way to 6 dollars ......

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    they still kept most of their holdings.
    They're like me, taking some off the table every now and then - coz who knows eh?

Pretty generous those Exec incentive schemes
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The Birch and Stockton sales spooked the mkt otherwise sp would have hit $1.60 today. Buying opportunity if it goes lower. Get the div to up till 10.2.21. Or is it 9 Feb. need to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    The Birch and Stockton sales spooked the mkt otherwise sp would have hit $1.60 today. Buying opportunity if it goes lower. Get the div to up till 10.2.21. Or is it 9 Feb. need to check.
    I think the Consumer report on contracts had as much/more to do with it.

VWAP was just on $1.58...very close to an all time high, no worries.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimy View Post
    I think the Consumer report on contracts had as much/more to do with it.
    Comon guys, SP fluctuations of 3 cents are the new normal. This is not a $1 share anymore. As far as govt reviews go.... do they want to look after our elderly ( I think not). This SP has enjoyed massive appreciation but none of us should expect we should go to bed on a new time high each night...its not how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Comon guys, SP fluctuations of 3 cents are the new normal. This is not a $1 share anymore. As far as govt reviews go.... do they want to look after our elderly ( I think not). This SP has enjoyed massive appreciation but none of us should expect we should go to bed on a new time high each night...its not how it works.
    I agree completely Maverick. I was just meaning that I didn't put much weight on the share sales by staff.
    I'm a happy holder and the price fluctuations don't worry me (especially when I bought in the 50s......).