sharetrader
Page 799 of 1980 FirstFirst ... 29969974978979579679779879980080180280380984989912991799 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,990 of 19791

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    one thing to consider is the price of materials.

although OCA doesnt build wooden villas the price of timber for housing in the US has doubled in 3 months.
    its not only the price of materials going up substantially its the labour problem as well. i mentioned on the thread a while ago about a retirement village operator offering double the going rate to secure tradies on there biulds.

also there are supply shortages occuring on products and product delays all which add to the cost of builds
    Last edited by bull....; 19-02-2021 at 09:58 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

And obviously you didnt read the report where Earl said they are not experiencing any of these. Everyone will experience these costs going forward..In the end its upto each buisness to decide who is going to pay the extra. Them or end buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post
    And obviously you didnt read the report where Earl said they are not experiencing any of these. Everyone will experience these costs going forward..In the end its upto each buisness to decide who is going to pay the extra. Them or end buyer.
    and of course he'e not going to say anything different lol , anyway these are all recent issues emerging.

where your wrong i believe is that you cannot always pass the costs on to customers due to competition , and there is plenty of competition in the retirement space.
    also you cannot just say i will increase my selling price 10k cause tradie delays added to costs doesnt work that way in property development
    Last edited by bull....; 19-02-2021 at 10:14 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

So was there an explanation from management as to why the Dividend was cut to such a low level?

I think it may be as Mav suggested about Earl flying under the radar with the wage subsidy on board. If the FY dividend gets a top up that will be the explanation <finger taps nose>
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    So was there an explanation from management as to why the Dividend was cut to such a low level?

Yeah a "little birdie" tells me he's had enough of the politically correct nonsense, (like me).
    Many, many, many years of the cost of care increasing much faster than ministry of health funding has more than a little relevance to the big picture too but very few people talk about that.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yeah a "little birdie" tells me he's had enough of the politically correct nonsense, (like me).
    Many, many, many years of the cost of care increasing much faster than ministry of health funding has more than a little relevance to the big picture too but very few people talk about that.
    If costs increasing faster then govt funding and building costs currently booming. Maybe solution is more people remain in their own homes with family and daily care givers. Some races already do that. Where do retirement village investors stand as property cycle won't last forever.

Guru

"And obviously you didnt read the report where Earl said they are not experiencing any of these."

that was last year.....

the builders are finding they need more staff..every fence is being repaired and painted...and thats just the street front...

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    If costs increasing faster then govt funding and building costs currently booming. Maybe solution is more people remain in their own homes with family and daily care givers. Some races already do that. Where do retirement village investors stand as property cycle won't last forever.
    Penetration rates of retirement villages are steadily increasing as more and more people embrace the lifestyle benefits and camaraderie that they enjoy there. My Mum really enjoyed her last 11 1/2 years at her retirement village and was very sad to move out. All her friends come and visit her at the private hospital just down the road and she has more visitors there than anyone else according to the nurses I talk too.
    She tells me she has been much, much happier at the retirement village than she would have been stuck in her own home on her own. I inherit a lot less than I would have if she had of stayed in her home on her own but I couldn't care less, I am very happy that she was happy for the last 11 years. The next leg of her journey is not so good but she is comfortable and what is coming is inevitable The funny thing is towards the end they lose their PC filter completly. The other day she told me if I don't stop eating I'll be dead before she is lol. That's something my doctor should tell me but he's too polite. Just as well someone tells it like it is lol
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-02-2021 at 03:03 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    We are looking at long term care for my mother in law. Staying in your own home with one live in care giver is prohibitive in cost. Not only do you have to pay them while they are asleep, you have to feed them and give them holidays etc. This while you have to pay for food for the elderly person, while still paying rates, insurance, power, home maintenance and other costs relating to the property. It is much cheaper to be in a retirement village, where there are economies, even though it is expensive. So because people are living longer now and have access to good hospital care, retirement villages will be booming for some time to come.