sharetrader
Page 800 of 1980 FirstFirst ... 30070075079079679779879980080180280380481085090013001800 ... LastLast
Results 7,991 to 8,000 of 19791

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Penetration rates of retirement villages are steadily increasing as more and more people embrace the lifestyle benefits and camaraderie that they enjoy there. .......
    Penetration rate currently 13.9% according to JLL

Bay of Plenty 19.0% Auckland 18.1% and Gisborne 17.1% and Wellington 14.3% areas with highest penetration.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Penetration rate currently 13.9% according to JLL

Bay of Plenty 19.0% Auckland 18.1% and Gisborne 17.1% and Wellington 14.3% areas with highest penetration.
    Penetration starting to get up there in parts of N.Z., many thanks for sharing.
    Sssshhh, don't tell Earl but I really like Summerset's one on the waterfront at Hobsonville. https://www.summerset.co.nz/find-a-v...monterey-park/
    Nice waterfront 3 bedroom (really a house not a unit) 130 sq metres from memory, was $1.6m when I visited 3 years ago. Wonder what it is now
    Wonder what OCA's apartments at Waimarie Street will sell for with their grandstand close up views of the Hauraki Golf. More than $3m surely ? Hope our friend know's how to really stick the boot in with pricing of those premier units...gotta cover the loss making care operations and leave us poor shareholders with a few quid for dividends eh
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

The other day she told me if I don't stop eating I'll be dead before she is lol. That's something my doctor should tell me but he's too polite. Just as well someone tells it like it is lol
    I read somewhere that you can survive 3 weeks without food but only 3 days without water your organs start shutting down and body only needs half glass of water a day to sustain life. Quirky little stats probably leave to others to test............

percy

Retirement Commissioner Jane Wrightson's 40 page paper on the retirement village industry recommends a policy review to consider:

an improved resale and buyback process for units;
    restricting the charging of weekly fees after a resident vacates a unit;

I think it is well overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Retirement Commissioner Jane Wrightson's 40 page paper on the retirement village industry recommends a policy review to consider:

Even though you are right it is not going to be high up the goverments priority list. To put it simply retirement operators like Oca are one of the few intergenerational wealth transfers going from boomers back to gen x and millenials. Does the govt really want to be seen to doing anything to look after that generation in the current climate ? Fair or not I just dont see regulation as a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohdoyle View Post
    Even though you are right it is not going to be high up the goverments priority list. To put it simply retirement operators like Oca are one of the few intergenerational wealth transfers going from boomers back to gen x and millenials. Does the govt really want to be seen to doing anything to look after that generation in the current climate ? Fair or not I just dont see regulation as a priority.
    Any intervention by this government in business worries me.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Ohdoyle View Post
    I would think it is such a no brainer the sector would do the right thing without The Govt having to regulate.
    They talk the talk,so it is well overdue they walk the walk.

Advanced Member

Buyers have assets. That means they have choices. There is no gun to their head.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post

We cleared everything out of my Mum's retirement unit by the end of January. Arena group are redeveloping that part of the village. Monthly fees stop straight away and they're paying us out in 4 months from the date we vacated the unit so a great result as far as we are concerned but I agree, fees should stop immediately and everyone should be paid out within 6 months.
    RYM used to make a big deal about the fact that they used to do this...until they very quietly dropped that policy when it started to cost them money. In my opinion they lost reputation when they did that.
    Leadership was better under Simon Challis in my opinion.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

We cleared everything out of my Mum's retirement unit by the end of January. Arena group are redeveloping that part of the village. Monthly fees stop straight away and they're paying us out in 4 months from the date we vacated the unit so a great result as far as we are concerned but I agree, fees should stop immediately and everyone should be paid out within 6 months.
    RYM used to make a big deal about the fact that they used to do this...until they very quietly dropped that policy when it started to cost them money. In my opinion they lost reputation when they did that.
    Leadership was better under Simon Challis in my opinion.
    Good on Arena Group.
    If one can do the right thing the others should be able to too.

PS.Sorry I posted on this thread,but it was the first retirement sector company that came up.
    Last edited by percy; 22-02-2021 at 09:12 AM.