sharetrader
Page 813 of 1989 FirstFirst ... 31371376380380981081181281381481581681782386391313131813 ... LastLast
Results 8,121 to 8,130 of 19889

Quote Originally Posted by daveypnz View Post
    Isn't this what a2 shareholders have been saying about their stock?
    One company is backed by solid property assets whereas on the other hand....
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Isn't this what a2 shareholders have been saying about their stock?
    One company has had 4 profit downgrades. One hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    One company has had 4 profit downgrades. One hasn't.
    Beagle had recommended selling a2 when it dipped below it's 100ma, to avoid potential disaster. At that point in time there had only been one downgrade.

Just curious as to why the same logic doesn't apply here.
    Last edited by daveypnz; 10-03-2021 at 12:22 PM.

Beagle had recommended selling a2 when it dipped below it's 100ma, to avoid potential disaster. At that point in time there had only been one downgrade.

Just curious as to why the same logic doesn't apply here.
    I think that's a perfectly reasonable question and one I pondered myself. Some people will say this is a "very convenient" excuse and they'll get no argument from me because I admit it is a little BUT the plain fact of the matter is OCA at its core is a property company and is backed by property assets, (I estimate NAV as at 31/3/2021 at ~ $1.30). I think that puts something of a floor under their price at somewhere about that level. The breakdown below the 100 day MA is concerning but I usually wait 3 trading days for confirmation of that. In any event its been brought about by uncertainty caused by Gasparich selling shareholders down the river for 30 pieces of silver and is not earnings related, in my opinion.

ATM on the other hand has been talking up the value of their I.P. for years and yet all we've seen is their IP protection is ostensibly worthless as the proliferation of other A2 brands continues to gain momentum. That leaves NTA of $1.55 and only earnings to support their price and we've seen what's happened with their earnings forecast which still looks very optimistic.

In summary, its not all about TA but that's definitely a factor and one I have carefully considered in this case. I'm prepared to wear the risk of the TA support breech indicator and see what happens.
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-03-2021 at 12:43 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I think that's a perfectly reasonable question and one I pondered myself. Some people will say this is a "very convenient" excuse and they'll get no argument from me because I admit it is a little BUT the plain fact of the matter is OCA at its core is a property company and is backed by property assets, (I estimate NAV as at 31/3/2021 at ~ $1.30). I think that puts something of a floor under their price at somewhere about that level. The breakdown below the 100 day MA is concerning but I usually wait 3 trading days for confirmation of that. In any event its been brought about by uncertainty caused by Gasparich selling shareholders down the river for 30 pieces of silver and is not earnings related, in my opinion.

ATM on the other hand has been talking up the value of their I.P. for years and yet all we've seen is their IP protection is ostensibly worthless as the proliferation of other A2 brands continues to gain momentum. That leaves NTA of $1.55 and only earnings to support their price and we've seen what's happened with their earnings forecast which still looks very optimistic.

In summary, its not all about TA but that's definitely a factor and one I have carefully considered in this case. I'm prepared to wear the risk of the TA support breech indicator and see what happens.
    Fair response. Thanks for your insight.

Veteran novice

In any event its been brought about by uncertainty caused by Gasparich selling shareholders down the river for 30 pieces of silver and is not earnings related, in my opinion.
    Really? Isn't he doing what a reasonable person would - accepting a presumably better employment offer?

Disc: Holding OCA.

TA is more for trading. I hold companies during rough patches as part of a diversified portfolio if I have strong faith in the company to weather any storm and ALSO if I am appropriately positioned and will never become a weak hand or a forced seller.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Really? Isn't he doing what a reasonable person would - accepting a presumably better employment offer?

Disc: Holding OCA.
    A lot of people think the way that EQT went about strong-arming a weak and inexperienced MET board, EQT are a bunch of shysters. I suppose if you have no principle's about who you work for... Anyway, the record reflects underlying profit went backwards under his leadership so its time that someone who knows how to drive underlying profit growth took over.
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-03-2021 at 03:28 PM.

Just how useless Earl was in driving profitability shown below - selling heaps more and making stuff all more profit

But jeez he was a great story teller - telling a great story that was good enough to take the the share price from 79 cents on listing to $1.40.

Big re-rating taken place because of his story telling - share price could be a lot less today

Thanks Earl
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by winner69; 10-03-2021 at 04:47 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

That Brent guy been CFO at Oceania for a year now - gone through a year end process and half year reporting

Time enough to weave some of the magic he must have learnt at Jardens to make the results look better

But still they were awful disappointing
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”