sharetrader
Page 815 of 1978 FirstFirst ... 31571576580581181281381481581681781881982586591513151815 ... LastLast
Results 8,141 to 8,150 of 19775

Speculation is what that is but Im sure it is in their thoughts considering such easy MET profits

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Potential takeover of OCA is definitely something I am worried about down the track especially if EQT / MET use their usual shyster tactics. After ostensibly "stealing" MET off its shareholders why wouldn't they try the same tactics with OCA and try and reap a ton of synergy benefits for free along the way ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-03-2021 at 09:59 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    maybe a ploy by someone to prop the stock price ? , often used overseas this tactic to be off- loaded into
    Last edited by bull....; 11-03-2021 at 10:00 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    maybe a ploy by someone to prop the stock price ? , often used overseas this tactic to be off- loaded into
    next an 'insider' will have a 'chat' with somebody from the AFR to get the Aussies keen
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Put this on SUM but seeing Oceania sell things on the cheap not so relevant but -

Holy moly median house prices up 7% from January and up 23% from a year ago.

https://www.reinz.co.nz/Media/Defaul...ary%202021.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Put this on SUM but seeing Oceania sell things on the cheap not so relevant but -

OCA have missed an opportunity to adjust pricing as the others in the sector have done. Not only impacting revenue but also brand if they appear cheap in comparison to the others this may also be seen as inferior from a quality perspective. I had a bit of a nosey at OCA Meadowbank and it certaily didn't appear inferior to the RYM not that far away.

Hopefully now Brent Pattison has the con, there will be more focus on the numbers

Advanced Member

And I feel this will be the normal new prices for houses. We are paying for the land and not only for the house. Until land banks increase to meet up with demand, house prices will continue to rise

Guru

New normal or puffed up bubble? NZX50 share values (capital) are only up about 10% in the year to 28 Feb. (OCA SP up approx 28%; SUM SP up approx 64%)
    Last edited by Bjauck; 11-03-2021 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 850man View Post
    OCA have missed an opportunity to adjust pricing as the others in the sector have done. Not only impacting revenue but also brand if they appear cheap in comparison to the others this may also be seen as inferior from a quality perspective. I had a bit of a nosey at OCA Meadowbank and it certaily didn't appear inferior to the RYM not that far away.

Hopefully now Brent Pattison has the con, there will be more focus on the numbers
    Its pretty disappointing. As far back as November last year I had a good conversation about this with Earl but I couldn't get him to see my point of view. Meanwhile construction costs are going up really fast, development margin is going down and company wages costs overall have been going up at ~ 8% per annum, significantly faster than the rate of care fees increase at 3% per annum. But its best to keep the prices the same he said....I assumed he knew something I didn't and knew better than me... Now I think I was right all along. Other sector participants have been quicker and smarter and that's a dead rat sandwich I didn't want to eat. Hopefully this matter will be addressed very promptly.
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-03-2021 at 01:43 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

The increase in wages has most likely been due to the roll out over 3 years, of negotiated increases to caregivers/RNs and other “on the floor” staff, pay rates. This will not continue forever. I believe there is one more increase in July of this year, but that is the last one. I seriously doubt we will be looking at any further increases in pay rates, anytime in the foreseeable future. So the 8% increase per year you are talking about, should reduce - unless of course there are increases for “white collar” staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Its pretty disappointing. As far back as November last year I had a good conversation about this with Earl but I couldn't get him to see my point of view. Meanwhile construction costs are going up really fast, development margin is going down and company wages costs overall have been going up at ~ 8% per annum, significantly faster than the rate of care fees increase at 3% per annum. But its best to keep the prices the same he said....I assumed he knew something I didn't and knew better than me... Now I think I was right all along. Other sector participants have been quicker and smarter and that's a dead rat sandwich I didn't want to eat. Hopefully this matter will be addressed very promptly.