sharetrader
Page 820 of 1979 FirstFirst ... 32072077081081681781881982082182282382483087092013201820 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,200 of 19782

Pulled this table out the database just for you Beagle - OCA unit selling prices relative to median house prices

Of course it doesn't reflect the so called 'mix' impacts Oceania talk about

Maybe a story or two in the numbers

I have highlighted the new care suite numbers - that is where I believe all the action is (most sales) and is the future
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by winner69; 12-03-2021 at 02:43 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

What that doesn't show W69 is Location the units were selling and when. Meadowbank and The Sands would have been in the earlier sales so pricies would have been a lot higher. Makes it hard to get a real analysis done.
    I have read intently everyone's thoughts since Monday and found it fascinating. Story goes on just new Chapter has started. I look forward to seeing how Brent takes the reins and if he has his polish to add.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    i thought this was the best run company ever going over the thread?
    yeah sentiments can change very quickly. I am always surprised that people describe some companies as a long term holds (bottom draw stocks). My experience of the share market is that it is much like a game of whack a mole. Oceania will not be an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Pulled this table out the database just for you Beagle - OCA unit selling prices relative to median house prices

Of course it doesn't reflect the so called 'mix' impacts Oceania talk about

Maybe a story or two in the numbers

I have highlighted the new care suite numbers - that is where I believe all the action is (most sales) and is the future
    Thanks heaps mate, much appreciated. As you've highlighted, it appears care suite pricing in particular is unusually low. Beggars belief that care suite pricing at an average across N.Z. of just $227K in mid-late 2020 is the optimum scenario OCA. Are we running a charity ? I think someone / some people have been incredibly lazy with adjusting prices and have really misjudged things.

The other thing to consider that nobody has really talked about but I am sure plenty have thought about it is that Gasparich will take all his knowledge about rejuvenating old independent living only villages (of which MET have many) and doing brownfields developments by adding care suites with hospital level care and converting old MET villages into full continuum of care facilities. The first mover advantage OCA have enjoyed with their care suites model will only be an advantage for a certain length of time and will gradually dissipate over time as other operators incorporate the lucrative parts of OCA's model into their own business plan.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-03-2021 at 03:08 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post
    What that doesn't show W69 is Location the units were selling and when. Meadowbank and The Sands would have been in the earlier sales so pricies would have been a lot higher. Makes it hard to get a real analysis done.
    I have read intently everyone's thoughts since Monday and found it fascinating. Story goes on just new Chapter has started. I look forward to seeing how Brent takes the reins and if he has his polish to add.
    I realise that

but somebody the other day quoted some work Forbar had done and on a like for like basis (town by town basis or something) OCA pricing was stable in 2020 whereas the others had shown solid incrases in selling prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Thanks heaps mate, much appreciated. As you've highlighted, it appears care suite pricing in particular is unusually low. Beggars belief that care suite pricing at an average across N.Z. of just $227K in mid-late 2020 is the optimum scenario OCA. Are we running a charity ? I think someone / some people have been incredibly lazy with adjusting prices and have really misjudged things.
    Probably the CFO has to take a lot of responsibility for pricing outcomes ...and he's been there for year care suite pricing has fallen

OK Fair enough. Wasn't knocking your numbers just find it difficult to Analyse when there are so many complexities involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post
    OK Fair enough. Wasn't knocking your numbers just find it difficult to Analyse when there are so many complexities involved.
    I know it's complex ..but high level trends are often useful for assessing situations

Change of subject. And potentially a dumb question. When do the shares from the latest DRIP get put into our accounts?

Cheers Trev

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    yeah sentiments can change very quickly. I am always surprised that people describe some companies as a long term holds (bottom draw stocks). My experience of the share market is that it is much like a game of whack a mole. Oceania will not be an exception.
    Fantastic isn't it, these frequent sales on companies you want to own. Always opportunities to pick up decent companies when the narrative has turned against them.

Not sure we're at a massive opportunity just yet, but we certainly got one last year. With a little luck the market will continue to talk itself into a funk and we'll get another bargain.