sharetrader
Page 833 of 1981 FirstFirst ... 33373378382382983083183283383483583683784388393313331833 ... LastLast
Results 8,321 to 8,330 of 19805
    ... have power to make you great

I am a LL too but would not call myself Gods gift to society lol. We have happy long term tenants paying below market rent and we look after the place, a block of investment units on one title housing six families for over ten years, way better than the previous 30 years LL before us. If that is Gods gift to society then so be it.
    Last edited by Habits; 26-03-2021 at 09:22 AM.

Guru

Should we all be allowing this tread to return to OCA's profit and loss balance sheet and customer care.

I suppose the wider property market is applicable to the stock but many of you as investors have a life time of property in NZ.

Should we now be looking out 10 years or more when investing in this sector.

The government might be here for a while but it will change one day.

This sector isnt going away and may well some time in the future have its day in the sun again.

Here's my take on the whole housing debacle. Housing is the one asset that is taxed the least.
    House prices need to drop (let's face it, stop bring so damm greedy)
    The changes labour has made don't actually fix the problem (just another band aid)
    Until nz faces the fact to truly close the loophole it's going to be on going
    The fix.. Tax all housing. 05%. As a start. Doesn't matter if its your family home.
    Drop all personal tax rates to match the gain in housing tax.
    If you own one house you will be about the same better off.
    If you own more than one it starts to hit. It's time housing is no longer seen as a investment
    When you have the news story's about complaining about these things rather than have a title ie Judith Collins have instead woman that owns this many houses....
    The complainers are always the ones that own the most. Tremains in hawkesbay owns somewhere in the ball park of 400 Houses. It's time to stop that crap. Clost the loop holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that the nz herald story of the 12 house landlord Peter Lewis, with a "strategy" to avoid the interest deductibility rules is staying at the top of the herald app. For a few days now, other big current stories just leap frog it down the list. I call it a non-story as he simply plans to downsize and clear his mortgage I wouldnt call that amazing. There must be a lot of interest to keep it up there.
    Peter Lewis with 8% dept on his property portfolio ( assuming the properties are roughly equal value) was not going to be effected too much by the tax change. I think he was just trying to tell everybody how wealthy he is.

It is the recent investors in property that I think have been badly let down. Always risky investing in areas where the govt can change the rules on you. After the non deductibility of interest move which for most came right out of left field you have to wonder what these muppets are going to do next.

Guru

" Clost the loop holes."

technically these arnt LOOP HOLES and thats where the problem starts.

Yes Brain the horse has bolted.

"
    these muppets are going to do next"

That what all the young turks in ACA offices are now thinking.

Its a whole new game. We started the move to a new tax location several years ago.

It now looks like the right move.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 26-03-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Cindy is the master of "spin" Unfortunately there are vast hordes of "have nots" out there that lap that complete nonsense of "close the loophole up" because they think all people who have done well have been rorting the system.

I have revised down my fair value price target for OCA because I think house price inflation going forward in the foreseeable future will be negligible. Shares are fair value at $1.30 in my opinion, certainly no great bargain there and investors will need to take a long term view because I see little to get this fired up again towards $1.60 anytime soon.
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-03-2021 at 10:15 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Hit $1.31 earlier. For 1c and a bit of brokerage, maybe betterer to by on-market??
    That's what I thought. Put my order in for $1.31, thinking at least on market you will get what you want and won't be scaled back. I got 200 yesterday. I am at the top of the queue, but if I don't get my order filled, they will be an expensive purchase with the brokerage up front. May have to wait for the documents in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

I have revised down my fair value price target for OCA because I think house price inflation going forward in the foreseeable future will be negligible. Shares are fair value at $1.30 in my opinion, certainly no great bargain there and investors will need to take a long term view because I see little to get this fired up again towards $1.60 anytime soon.
    Yeah have to agree. This CR and purchase has put a limiter on the SP, for some time to come.
    Last edited by bottomfeeder; 26-03-2021 at 11:24 AM.

Veteran novice

May have to wait for the documents in the mail.
    Better to have contract notes emailed.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    That's what I thought. Put my order in for $1.31, thinking at least on market you will get what you want and won't be scaled back. I got 200 yesterday. I am at the top of the queue, but if I don't get my order filled, they will be an expensive purchase with the brokerage up front. May have to wait for the documents in the mail.
    Am I reading the offer correctly that the price is the lower of $1.30 or 2.5% discount to the 5 day average prior to 12th April - so may be less than $1.30