sharetrader
Page 844 of 1980 FirstFirst ... 34474479483484084184284384484584684784885489494413441844 ... LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,440 of 19792

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post
    You are no more than a trader who disguises himself as an Investor with all your trendy analysts. You have shot down over the years OCA, WHS,SUM, HGH and reinvested when it suits. This time last year you were saying the economy was in for a hiding yet it quietly defied your predictions as well as other so called economists. You turn the page like I read a Dan Drown/Terry Brooks Novel. Thankfully for me I never listened to your predictions or thou have valued your input at times.
    I just want to say a huge thank you to Mav, Beagle, and others who have provided valuable analysis through this thread.
    OCA remains the largest chunk of my little portfolio, average price still far under $1. I doubt I would have picked it myself. Sure, it would have been nice to have sold at $1.60 and locked in those gains, but even at $1.34 those percentage gains are high. Not sure why selling when a share feels over-valued, and buying when it feels under-valued, is something to be disparaged.

edit: and agree entirely with bjauck's post directly above
    Last edited by tommy_d; 28-03-2021 at 07:07 AM.

"I just want to say a huge thank you to Mav, Beagle, and others who have provided valuable analysis through this thread."

WOOE WOOF , totally agree

Thankfully for me I made my dosh on ATM and smile with Smug comfit with the dribble the so called "BBB" brigade put on the thread. Greg
    I am genuinely intrigued & very keen to
    learn how you made your dosh on ATM when the sp has more than halved since the first profit downgrade in September 2020.

Care to enlighten us?

Thx in advance.

You are no more than a trader who disguises himself as an Investor with all your trendy analysts. You have shot down over the years OCA, WHS,SUM, HGH and reinvested when it suits. This time last year you were saying the economy was in for a hiding yet it quietly defied your predictions as well as other so called economists. You turn the page like I read a Dan Drown/Terry Brooks Novel. Thankfully for me I never listened to your predictions or thou have valued your input at times. Thankfully for me I made my dosh on ATM and smile with Smug comfit with the dribble the so called "BBB" brigade put on the thread. I will back my analysis over yours any day like I play Black Jack and any other bunny that turns over like you do. Beagle 3 weeks ago before Earl left you were Bullish. He jumped ship big deal, it happens. He left for money. I am happy with moving on and who replaced him. This weeks Govt Tax grab will have minimal effect long term. See you a the winning post. Greg
    That sums it up nicely Greg. Be mindful of of the Beagle pump being a a prelude to his exit.

Good perspective on what should happen with the property market - a sharp correction is needed in the short term & the occasional price falls are perfectly healthy.

Just as it is the case with the sharemarket :

“Smart investors remain constantly alert to the turn of the cycle. They have strategies in place for when it inevitably occurs.

They'll tell you that a sharp correction or crash is really just an opportunity to go bargain hunting.

Growth still wins.

So, smart or not, sharemarket investors make money over time.

You just have to do the basics right and not panic when prices fall.”

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...LYTICAVX4E734/

Paywalled

My sentiments exactly. Well said.

You are no more than a trader who disguises himself as an Investor with all your trendy analysts. You have shot down over the years OCA, WHS,SUM, HGH and reinvested when it suits. This time last year you were saying the economy was in for a hiding yet it quietly defied your predictions as well as other so called economists. You turn the page like I read a Dan Drown/Terry Brooks Novel. Thankfully for me I never listened to your predictions or thou have valued your input at times. Thankfully for me I made my dosh on ATM and smile with Smug comfit with the dribble the so called "BBB" brigade put on the thread. I will back my analysis over yours any day like I play Black Jack and any other bunny that turns over like you do. Beagle 3 weeks ago before Earl left you were Bullish. He jumped ship big deal, it happens. He left for money. I am happy with moving on and who replaced him. This weeks Govt Tax grab will have minimal effect long term. See you a the winning post. Greg

Advanced Member

However one perceived investment style looks like to us, is irrelevant and I do find Beagle’s analysis great.

The only one who could bother about investment strategies is the IRD, if the correct amount of tax was not paid. Share trading is income taxable. Investing may be as well, if the IRD feel you are trading, even though your impression you may feel that you are investing.

Well done Beagle for doing what traders do - when things turn ‘bad’ of the story changes you sell and move on to something else.

What pisses your critics / disciples off is that you paint yourself as a ‘investor’ and give the impression you ‘invest’ for the long term when you are just a trader. You can’t blame some for feeling you have betrayed them.

Never mind your trading strategy works well for you so stick with it and no doubt you will do well in the future.

Bit surprised that you still hold a decent sized stake in OCA (even if free carry) in the hope (perhaps a little bit of desperate hope), that I am wrong and everything will be fine.

Hope doesn’t seem to part of your trading strategy and DNA, esp in this case where you are so disparaging about OCA and what may happen with property prices. Seems to be going against your own preachings here. A bob each way is it?

And what about the opportunity cost you talk about on the A2 thread ......hoping OCA will increase in price when you feel it won’t instead of using the cash and taking a further no lose punt on WHS could be expensive. Then again I should be teaching grandma to suck eggs should I

Keep up the good work on this thread - valuable insights
    Last edited by winner69; 28-03-2021 at 09:09 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

"Be mindful of of the Beagle pump being a a prelude to his exit."

A fully qualified ACA with many decades of financial accounting and tax accounting will always be mindful of the changing nature of an economy.

Rebalancing a portfolio based on macro and fiscal policy is a prudent and sophisticated practise when you have knowledge of the implications and ramifications of those policies.

Last edited by Waltzing; 28-03-2021 at 09:37 AM.

Investments

" Time in the market decides your returns more then timing the market "

One can make small bucks with smallish corpus by trading frequently but if one really wants to make big corpus work for you while u enjoy life then one need to invest in 5-10 stocks with conviction and stay there for years if not decades ...too much diversification also can reduce overall long term returns while being called the cost of risk management . If you have the skills to analyse mature companies then doing real long term investment in 5 is enough to make a fortune without the need to do " Micro management "

No trader would have made more money then a long term investor in stocks like FPH / MFT or even KFL / NZG ( Just a index fund )

Unless u use trading for retired entertainment as well as ego boost purposes I think long term investment in good long term stories work much better then frequent trading based on day to day news

Maybe one can combine both to fit your all needs with main portfolio invested for long term and some trading on margin lending account to fulfil other needs
    Last edited by alokdhir; 28-03-2021 at 09:43 AM.