sharetrader
Page 851 of 1981 FirstFirst ... 35175180184184784884985085185285385485586190195113511851 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,510 of 19805

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Received offer document yesterday.

Undecided if will bother applying - just from an admin perspective, and likely only to get a small portion.

Probably Oceania would rather not have a SPP as well with the cost of admin and all the hassles.

Quicker to go cap in hand the instos and get it over and done with in a few days and stuff the small investors .....but heck that ain’t very fair is it.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Awful lot of Adern-haters spraying this thread with their toxins. I dont recall National being much use on housing either, anyone remember nick Smith's promise of a "total overhaul" that quietly disappeared?

Housing is predominantly a supply and demand issue.Tax is messing at the periphery and no party seems prepared to really treat it as such. So I doubt prices will drop to any great degree from the latest tinkering, but I do expect a whole lot of ranting and steam from vested interests, as is already well evident.

Taking it further, is the retirement sector directly correlated to the price fluctuations of the general market? To a degree, yes of course, but our aging population ensures demand for a scarce and premium product on a graph whose trend is forever upwards so long term Im not worried. Who would have guessed craft beer would go up $2 in a recession. Human behaviour is not linear.
    Input costs are probably a bigger story than house price fluctuations for OCA.

That said I dont think I will be taking up the offer, sentiment might take the SP lower than 1.3 over the next 3 months.

Can anyone help explain or link to how the scaling calculation works? E.g. for the retail offer, if $30M shares are applied for and they scale to $20M: do they try to give each shareholder the minimum of a) what they applied for, or b) some common % of their holding as of record date (everyone gets the same %)? I.e. the amount you apply for doesn't impact scaling.

Craigs rating :

Supplementary
    Hold.

Craigs divide their covered stocks into Core, Supplementary and Niche. Larger portfolios can extend into stocks rated Supplementary and even Niche once the Core stocks are held at the appropriate level.

RYM and SUM are both Core and Most Preferred.
    Last edited by peat; 30-03-2021 at 04:09 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Can anyone help explain or link to how the scaling calculation works? E.g. for the retail offer, if $30M shares are applied for and they scale to $20M: do they try to give each shareholder the minimum of a) what they applied for, or b) some common % of their holding as of record date (everyone gets the same %)? I.e. the amount you apply for doesn't impact scaling.
    Any scaling takes into account the size of your original shareholding.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dibble View Post
    Awful lot of Adern-haters spraying this thread with their toxins. I dont recall National being much use on housing either, anyone remember nick Smith's promise of a "total overhaul" that quietly disappeared?

Housing is predominantly a supply and demand issue.Tax is messing at the periphery and no party seems prepared to really treat it as such. So I doubt prices will drop to any great degree from the latest tinkering, but I do expect a whole lot of ranting and steam from vested interests, as is already well evident.

Taking it further, is the retirement sector directly correlated to the price fluctuations of the general market? To a degree, yes of course, but our aging population ensures demand for a scarce and premium product on a graph whose trend is forever upwards so long term Im not worried. Who would have guessed craft beer would go up $2 in a recession. Human behaviour is not linear.
    Input costs are probably a bigger story than house price fluctuations for OCA.

That said I dont think I will be taking up the offer, sentiment might take the SP lower than 1.3 over the next 3 months.
    I don’t have any investor real estate, but I dislike broken promises and false demonisation. If these tactics are used vis a vis one type of investment, might they be used against the retirement sector tax situation too?

Tax implications are a determinant in investment decision making/pricing.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 30-03-2021 at 04:16 PM.

Guru

"sentiment might take the SP lower than 1.3 over the next 3 months."

1 day.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    "sentiment might take the SP lower than 1.3 over the next 3 months."

1 day.
    timber comes to mind. 1.30 was big support
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

SUM & RYM both up over 1% in contrast to OCA down over 1%.
    Govt policy changes don't appear to be cause of any negative sentiment in retirement sector, must be other factors.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    SUM & RYM both up over 1% in contrast to OCA down over 1%.
    Govt policy changes don't appear to be cause of any negative sentiment in retirement sector, must be other factors.
    ARV and RYM down 4%, SUM 6% and OCA 7% since govt announced changes re housing ...NZX up 1% in same time

Maybe govt policy has actually impacted sector sentiment
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”