sharetrader
Page 882 of 1979 FirstFirst ... 38278283287287887988088188288388488588689293298213821882 ... LastLast
Results 8,811 to 8,820 of 19783
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Sharesies sent me an email offering participation in the $1.30 offer.
    My other broker ASB securities didn't.

If sharesies are getting an allotment then it must be fair.

The recent EVO placement.... now that was unfair!! Retail investors got completely cut out
    Too bad for those just dealing with ASB then.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 10-04-2021 at 02:35 PM.

I did too which was very unexpected. Trouble was we only had a few hours to apply and transfer funds to our wallet, which was crazy. There was literally no way I could transfer funds in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Sharesies sent me an email offering participation in the $1.30 offer.
    My other broker ASB securities didn't.

If sharesies are getting an allotment then it must be fair.

The recent EVO placement.... now that was unfair!! Retail investors got completely cut out

Covered my bases and did a bit of both. Bought on market at 1.31 and have applied for some via the offer which, if I get them, will do some DCA for me. If I get all that I applied for, I'll still have less than 20% what I had 2 weeks ago, but at least I'm not massively overweight in them anymore relative to the rest of the portfolio and can comfortably sit back and see how things unfold over the coming weeks / months...interesting times.

Yes, I am a client of Jardens and got invited to participate and had to make a fast decision. If I had my time again I would have waited because it happened on the day that the government announced changes to the brightline test and interest deductibility. That shouldn't affect OCA stock but people panicked and thought the value of the housing stock would go down and the share price dipped after I put my order in. The usual 20/20 hindsight!

I think the fairest way to do all share offers is a renounceable rights issue with the option to over subscribe for a pre-determined amount. I hope Oliver will be advocating for this for all shareholders. It is grossly unfair that we have to put in up to $50K with no idea how much we will get then wait up to 2 weeks to have the balance refunded.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    I did too which was very unexpected. Trouble was we only had a few hours to apply and transfer funds to our wallet, which was crazy. There was literally no way I could transfer funds in time.
    via sharesies, I received an email on March 23rd with details on how to take place in the share placement which had very little time to do so. However, this email also gave advance notice of the retail offer which also noted that more detail on the retail offer would come in the following week.

i then received an email about the retail offer on March 30th, with a note that the funds would need to be there and clear on April 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_d View Post
    via sharesies, I received an email on March 23rd with details on how to take place in the share placement which had very little time to do so. However, this email also gave advance notice of the retail offer which also noted that more detail on the retail offer would come in the following week.

i then received an email about the retail offer on March 30th, with a note that the funds would need to be there and clear on April 8th.
    Incidentally, the funds need to be received by Computershare by 5pm on Monday 12 April 2021 according to the retail offer at Application - Oceania Healthcare Retail Offer (shareoffer.co.nz)

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

It is wonderful seeing so many newer posters contributing on this thread with their ideas and thoughts.
    Keep it coming folks.
    Last edited by Maverick; 10-04-2021 at 07:41 PM.

FWIW - the three analysts following this stock on market screener Lifted their target price just recently to $1.70 and increased their consensus recommendation to a straight "BUY".

While I do have my doubts about the capability of anybody to look into the future ... I think this optimism is a good sign capturing the current market mood.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

... have power to make you great

RYM fell 40c or 2.58 percent on Friday to 15.10 after a brokers research note warned its new retirement village developments could take longer to become profitable. The same circumstances can/will affect OCA if not careful

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    FWIW - the three analysts following this stock on market screener Lifted their target price just recently to $1.70 and increased their consensus recommendation to a straight "BUY".

While I do have my doubts about the capability of anybody to look into the future ... I think this optimism is a good sign capturing the current market mood.
    Re market screener , I like to keep an eye on the tension between market analysts average target share price and the actual SP.
    They do a nice graph under "consensus " which is on the home page top tool bar.
    Of note with OCA at the moment is that the gap between target SP and actual SP has never been so large. The only exception is at the depths of the OCA covid crash and we all know how well that worked out for the brave buyers during that time.
    It seems pretty clear that the gap has to close and soon. It can do it in only 2 ways...targets being revised down or SP rising up. No prizes for which one I'm picking.
    Last edited by Maverick; 11-04-2021 at 02:16 PM.