sharetrader
Page 885 of 1978 FirstFirst ... 38578583587588188288388488588688788888989593598513851885 ... LastLast
Results 8,841 to 8,850 of 19773

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Which is exactly what I have been saying for months. Sometimes you don’t have to be an accountant, have a finance degree, or make impressive charts and spreadsheets. All you need is some insight into aged care and some common sense.
    care side for me - for my parents; I’m happy to pay additional to make sure my loved ones are looked after. It’s more of an attraction than fiscal will ever be. I’m long on OCA and the sector.

Thanks - G Dog

One of the draw backs for OCA is that the company is very focused on the care-side of its business.It is absolutely good for the residents, but from a investment perspective, at the end of the day, profit is often what gets investors' money. The report also pointed out lack of staffs and funding from the govt are presenting challenges to the sector. And because of OCA's business model, it is suffering the most out of the 4 listed retirement village operators, and this has been reflected on the SP performance. And in the previous couple years, OCA looked very promising, but in the end, they are selling more, but making less profit.

Quote Originally Posted by 44wishlists View Post
    One of the draw backs for OCA is that the company is very focused on the care-side of its business.It is absolutely good for the residents, but from a investment perspective, at the end of the day, profit is often what gets investors' money. The report also pointed out lack of staffs and funding from the govt are presenting challenges to the sector. And because of OCA's business model, it is suffering the most out of the 4 listed retirement village operators, and this has been reflected on the SP performance. And in the previous couple years, OCA looked very promising, but in the end, they are selling more, but making less profit.
    Their pricing has not moved with the market, an opportunity for the new finance man at the helm now to review that. Gives them room to move in what may become a tighter market with Cindy's recent meddling

I realised that the DCF from shareclarity for OCA was not available. is there anyone knows why?

I'm in for the long haul. I applied for $50k. Wonder how much I will get. The said they would accept oversubscription. I wonder how much.

Quote Originally Posted by glenscape View Post
    I realised that the DCF from shareclarity for OCA was not available. is there anyone knows why?
    There are many NZX and ASX companies not covered by Share clarity. Some of them are very sucessful but have limited stock market liquidity (like CDI or MCK), some have more liquidity and are well hyped (like TRA) and others again are really big and some of them more and some less successful (like e.g. IFT, ANZ, NAB, TPW).

I guess - as anybody else, Share Clarity needs to decide at some stage what to do and what not to do : Nobody can do everything - and I would not use the fact whether Share Clarity covers them as indicator for or against any company.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post
    So it’s true ...you can’t have too many Oceania

Jeez applications for $50m .....and only $20m available .....hope they all buy on msrket now to push the share price up to Forbar’s target

You can’t have too many OCA
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Will be interesting to see how they treat the little guys like me, who only applied for a minuscule amount. Maybe they will favour “significant” shareholders over “drop in the ocean” holders?

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post