sharetrader
Page 896 of 1978 FirstFirst ... 39679684688689289389489589689789889990090694699613961896 ... LastLast
Results 8,951 to 8,960 of 19773
    Membaa

@Joh13 cool story.

The chart price action did a thing today which isn't very common, where it's been trading perfectly in-between the 100 and 50MA, testing both on the upside and down side and then closing in between.

I'd call this as a price pivot, kind of like the point of inflection for the fundamentals folks. On a chart, sometimes prices which reflect sentiment have a sort of mid point, the pivot point, where they've been before a few times and they're usually good action when it pushes up through it, and not so good the other way.

This time, hat tip to Beagle who will have been later to the party but still, plenty of upside, IF the 100MA breaks Upwards, on volume(!) is a good conservative TA entry or top up, however you feel inclined.

Not advice, too biased for that!

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post

The chart price action did a thing today which isn't very common, where it's been trading perfectly in-between the 100 and 50MA, testing both on the upside and down side and then closing in between.

I'd call this as a price pivot, kind of like the point of inflection for the fundamentals folks. On a chart, sometimes prices which reflect sentiment have a sort of mid point, the pivot point, where they've been before a few times and they're usually good action when it pushes up through it, and not so good the other way....

....but still, plenty of upside, IF the 100MA breaks Upwards, on volume(!) is a good conservative TA entry or top up, however you feel inclined.

Not advice, too biased for that!
    People do love to give meaning to the randomness and consequent coincidences that the universe throws at us.

But cats always land on their feet:

Snow Leopard census

Discs:
    Unique;
    Hold OCA;
    Do not own a house;
    Have been to lots of countries & territories, (70+);
    Lived in many (8+).
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    People do love to give meaning to the randomness and consequent coincidences that the universe throws at us.

But cats always land on their feet:

Discs:
    Unique;
    Hold OCA;
    Do not own a house;
    Have been to lots of countries & territories, (70+);
    Lived in many (8+).
    What all these stories tell us is that there is no one way to get to any destination you choose.
    Each to their own, you can learn from others but you don't have to follow them.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joh13 View Post
    I don’t own a property, became a USD millionaire at 30... through saving as much as possible and investing 90% of that money mainly in the stock market.
    Can’t have to many OCA.
    On the US markets as NZ-based investor? You pursued/ are pursuing a high risk/reward strategy. Were your investments based on access to special research/analytic skills?

I added to my holding less than a year ago when the price was under $1 and wondered whether I was being reckless. TBH although less likely now, the course of events could still turn against OCA if a new covid variant takes hold before NZ starts mass immunisation. There has been a fair mount of luck with NZ's defences against covid, especially with keeping Covid contained to the MIQ Hotels.

Owning shares in the retirement companies gives you a vicarious exposure to NZ residential property.

In both the UK and the US the %age of young people in their 20s and early 30s living with their parents is now at a historical high going back over a century.

Suppose much the same in NZ
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    On the US markets as NZ-based investor? You pursued/ are pursuing a high risk/reward strategy. Were your investments based on access to special research/analytic skills?

I added to my holding less than a year ago when the price was under $1 and wondered whether I was being reckless. TBH although less likely now, the course of events could still turn against OCA if a new covid variant takes hold before NZ starts mass immunisation. There has been a fair mount of luck with NZ's defences against covid, especially with keeping Covid contained to the MIQ Hotels.

Owning shares in the retirement companies gives you a vicarious exposure to NZ residential property.
    The majority of my investments have been NZ based, I do have some money in a S&P index but not a lot.

I wouldn’t say High risk/reward investments... Because I’ve saved so hard (70-80% of salary) and have been fortunate enough to have a reasonable salary I’ve had a large cash pile at what I perceive to be opportune times and have near on fully deployed that cash.

I’m married but don’t have children, so I’m not sure if I would deploy the same strategy if I had children as I would then see it as potential high risk for my family.

I have an emergency fund just in case it all goes peer shaped that I could live on for a couple of years.

Learnt a lot of TA from YT and various TA books to try enter at as close to best entries I can. Learnt FA/Basic accounting from YT, Warren Buffet Accounting and Valuation and a bit of Corporate Finance from Aswath Damodaran, which he provides free online, he lectures at NYU Stern.

I say USD because I’ve been told having $1M NZD doesn’t count as being a millionaire, so had to get to $1M USD before I could officially say it.

I’ve just been patient and learnt a lot since I started my investing journey at the age of 22... Took some early losses that near on wiped my savings out... thanks Hot Copper. But managed to progress in my career which super charged my savings.

Advanced Member

The majority of my investments have been NZ based, I do have some money in a S&P index but not a lot.

I wouldn’t say High risk/reward investments... Because I’ve saved so hard (70-80% of salary) and have been fortunate enough to have a reasonable salary I’ve had a large cash pile at what I perceive to be opportune times and have near on fully deployed that cash.

I’m married but don’t have children, so I’m not sure if I would deploy the same strategy if I had children as I would then see it as potential high risk for my family.

I have an emergency fund just in case it all goes peer shaped that I could live on for a couple of years.

Learnt a lot of TA from YT and various TA books to try enter at as close to best entries I can. Learnt FA/Basic accounting from YT, Warren Buffet Accounting and Valuation and a bit of Corporate Finance from Aswath Damodaran, which he provides free online, he lectures at NYU Stern.

I say USD because I’ve been told having $1M NZD doesn’t count as being a millionaire, so had to get to $1M USD before I could officially say it.

I’ve just been patient and learnt a lot since I started my investing journey at the age of 22... Took some early losses that near on wiped my savings out... thanks Hot Copper. But managed to progress in my career which super charged my savings.
    Great story, well done !

Impressive. I wish I’d had your nous when I was 22! Well done

Good effort!

I think Dobby is onto it, we all get there in different ways.
    I'm asset rich, cash poor. I turned down 1.2m for my house (developer offer) which is a little over 330% gain from buying it in 2012.

We're starting our subdivision/development of the property this week, the valuations as complete came in yesterday at 2.75m for the three (stand alone) properties it's to become.
    The new homes are being retained as rentals, we'll continue to occupy this one until we figure out what we want to do next.

Never been a landlord before so should be interesting...

Am I a millionaire if it's assets?
    Last edited by thegreatestben; 28-04-2021 at 04:37 PM.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Great stuff, I like your style, well done!

PS I had to look up YT .... for those of you like me who didnt know ...its You Tube
    Last edited by RupertBear; 28-04-2021 at 04:46 PM.