sharetrader
Page 91 of 1978 FirstFirst ... 41818788899091929394951011411915911091 ... LastLast

Default Barking ?

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    That just proves that both OCA and ARV are fairly/correctly valued at the moment with most of the next years performance priced in (punters are bullish)

On the other hand SUM was up more than 3% over the week ....with the marketing starting to price in F18 expectations .....with a fair bit to go, making SUM the best bet of the three by a long way.

Well lets have a look cause I think your last point is totally barking --------

OCA Profit doubled to $42.5 million (that is up 121% Old chap)
    OCA Cash flow (in my experience the KEY issue of all ) up 34% to over $17 M.
    OCA Assets up to $1.0 Billion
    360 units to be completed in the best areas of NZ (Milford and Brownsbay and I have visited both --they are utterly outstanding)

SUM profit up 45%
    no mention of cash flow increases of which there will be.
    Total Assets up to $1.9 billion

Both are looking like good attractive well run companies but to partake in SUM will cost you $5.62 (Geeeeez)
    and to partake in OCA will cost you $1.02

Are you a serious Investor Old Chap ???????????????????/
    Last edited by warren; 05-02-2018 at 12:20 PM. Reason: small typo mistake

Hey warren — please note that awesome cats don’t BARK

But then you probably meant to infer I was mad ......definitely not mad but I’ll forgive you for saying so this time
    Last edited by winner69; 05-02-2018 at 04:22 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Default Okay...one little reluctant bark on this subject then...

Underlying EPS and the future growth of same is what counts. SUM companies have a very good record of growing same, others less so and therefore will command a lower PE multiple until they can prove themselves.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-02-2018 at 03:37 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Default woof

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Underlying EPS and the future growth of same is what counts. SUM companies have a very good record of growing same, others less so and therefore will command a lower PE multiple until they can prove themselves.
    Hello Mr Beagle. Yes Agreed but hey you gonna pay $5.55 (down 2.8%) for that privilege and are you telling me OCA is not growing? I will tell you OCA is growing and fast and whats more earns most of its income from Aged Care which is backbreaking labor intensive and a sad business but as houses are gonna absolutely tank this winter I am delighted to have my $$ slanted to boring old unfashionable Aged Care (rather like W B's slanting towards boring old Insurance).
    Geeez what a bargin I got today at $1.00 $ 42 Million Dollars profit --up 121%, bloody hell what a bargin.
    Last edited by warren; 05-02-2018 at 06:12 PM.

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    Hello Mr Beagle. Yes Agreed but hey you gonna pay $5.55 (down 2.8%) for that privilege and are you telling me OCA is not growing? I will tell you OCA is growing and fast and whats more earns most of its income from Aged Care which is backbreaking labor intensive and a sad business but as houses are gonna absolutely tank this winter I am delighted to have my $$ slanted to boring old unfashionable Aged Care (rather like W B's slanting towards boring old Insurance).
    Geeez what a bargin I got today at $1.00 $ 42 Million Dollars profit --up 121%, bloody hell what a bargin.
    SUM vs OCA debate

Pensioner 1: Who was the 1974 F1 drivers' champion?
    Pensioner 2: Lauda.
    Pensioner 1: WHO WAS THE 1974 F1 DRIVER'S CHAMPION?
    Pensioner 2: LAUDA!
    Pensioner 2: LAUDA!!!

etc etc

Default informing debate

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    SUM vs OCA debate

Pensioner 1: Who was the 1974 F1 drivers' champion?
    Pensioner 2: Lauda.
    Pensioner 2: LAUDA!
    Pensioner 2: LAUDA!!!

etc etc
    Hello Hector
    What is your point? How have you enriched this forum? I will say most contributors here add value to the forum and add analytical value-----that makes this a most enjoyable forum to read.

Hey Warren have you ever been accused of ramping?

OCA is a hold at the mo certainly not a bargain(not bargin) but hey I bought some last week as well just to tuck away for when I retire

Membaa

Hello Hector
    What is your point? How have you enriched this forum? I will say most contributors here add value to the forum and add analytical value-----that makes this a most enjoyable forum to read.
    I thought it was very funny. Lauda! Lol

Warren you make a good point but no need to labour it, there won't be a sudden 'eureka moment' where everyone agrees and sells their SUM (or other) to buy 5 or 10x more OCA. The rest home / care sector is and has been an eternal debate from the beginning of the second listing, it will go on ad infinitum, indeed it is almost a sport on this board. The people who don't engage in the debate very often typically own all of the listed companies in the sector. No need then to pick a winner because they're all winners and should be for many years to come. All the best.

BAA

Default Value Value Value ------ Have a read of The Intelligent Investor by B. G.

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    Hey Warren have you ever been accused of ramping?

OCA is a hold at the mo certainly not a bargain but hey I bought some last week as well just to tuck away for when I retire
    Ramping ??. I had to look the meaning up in Benjamin Graham's textbook on real value in the market. Ah ha got it --It's what Sir Bob Jones used to assist in making his $600 million fortune.

No way----- not me old Chaps--that's a Scurrilous claim-----I just look for value such as $42 mill profit and 1 $ billion of assets all for a buck and an IPO (more risky than a moon shot) that delivers more than it says it will. (and that is the rarest investment pearl of them all)
    Last edited by warren; 06-02-2018 at 12:26 PM.

Ramping ??. I had to look the meaning up in Benjamin Graham's textbook on real value in the market. Ah ha got it --Its what Sir Bob Jones used to assist in making his 600 million fortune.

No way----- not me old Chaps--that's a scurrilousness claim -----I just look for value such as $42 mill profit and 1 billion of assets all for a buck and an IPO (more risky than a moon shot) that does more than it says it will.
    C'mon mate - at least do it properly. You need to shout Lauda

No way----- not me old Chaps--that's a scurrilousness claim -----I just look for value such as $42 mill profit and 1 billion of assets all for a buck and an IPO (more risky than a moon shot) that does more than it says it will.

Last edited by winner69; 06-02-2018 at 12:23 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”