sharetrader
Page 931 of 2025 FirstFirst ... 431831881921927928929930931932933934935941981103114311931 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,310 of 20241
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Can you exercise often in a rest home?

It's basically essential to maintain good health and function especially at an older age.
    They untie the residents twice a day so they can get out of their chairs.

What is the matter with you?
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Well in some cases that's true isn't it (look at the australian RC into this industry).

It's a pretty bad situation in most countries I would say.

Isocrates lived until 98 and only died in 338BC when he wanted to. Maybe its time to aim for more with our technology.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 04-06-2021 at 10:03 PM.

Remind me why we are looking at how bad it is in other countries

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...535/346452.pdf

Come on guys, too much sadness and talk of death in this thread today. Have a look at page 11 and 12 Waimarie Street and the new village out at Hobsonville with nice views out over the harbor. Mrs B and I drove past the Waimarie development today and they're certainly cracking on with construction and that village will have absolutely sunning views out over the inner harbor and Hauraki gulf.

I can just imagine Mrs B and I in an upmarket independent living apartment there waddling down to the local St Heliers cafe's with our two Beagles in tow, marveling at the views and ambience. All the gardening and maintenance done for us, having the grandkids come around for a visit and shouting them nice treats at one of the local cafe's ...where do we sign ?

Alternatively there's the new Waterford with bowling green and swimming pool and nice views https://www.oceaniahealthcare.co.nz/location/waterford Doesn't look too bad either

Nice break up through the 100 day moving average despite going ex a 2.1 cent divvy. https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...t=0&ajaxserp=0
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-06-2021 at 06:11 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Yep cant understand the market. Goes ex div and the SP increases. Something is up. Someones buying and trying to keep the SP low. Not worried about a few cents. Could be a takeover. I might say $1.60.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Yep cant understand the market. Goes ex div and the SP increases. Something is up. Someones buying and trying to keep the SP low. Not worried about a few cents. Could be a takeover. I might say $1.60.
    Takeover!? Crikey who would have thought.......the OCA thread is beginning to sound like the SKT thread.

Was just thinking the same thing. What Earl and MET making an early bid....I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Takeover!? Crikey who would have thought.......the OCA thread is beginning to sound like the SKT thread.
    Thus why this forum is the ultimate gauge of sentiment, and only that. People on here change their mind’s more often than their underwear.

“Investors too bite on what’s moving and can’t sit on a stock that isn’t going anywhere”.

Chris Mayer - 100 baggers

Panda just so you get an idea of a regular week in a rest home this one Arvida in Christchurch, but i am sure Oceania is similar.
    My 93yr old Mother plays cards, word games, crafts, and generally goes on one outing each week, sometimes to a restaurant for lunch, or to a show or just a scenic drive and an ice cream stop. Has the option of yoga, exercise class, bowls and going shopping, they also have entertainers in. Occasionally they have celebration parties ie high tea for the queens birthday. BBQ's and picnics.
    As well as still being able to drive herself she is mentally sharp.
    I believe that a lot of this is to do with the stimulation that she has both with staff and residents.
    She is receiving a lot more stimulation than when she was in her own house despite many visitors and visits out, and good neighbours. Her mental health and physical health are better.
    Like Just a Kiwi said, she knows death is a part of life, and perhaps being in a retirement village, also takes away some of the fear, there is a revolving door of new residents coming in and residents passing on. She sees the tolerance and help for those that are unable to physically or mentally interact, and knows if or when she gets to that stage she will be cared for and respected.
    There is a constant of conversations and laughter, a thing she had lost with people of her own age as her friends had passed away.
    Panda-NZ you mentioned about having young people around, she meets and interacts with more young people now than before, from pre school age groups to young staff.
    It took my Mum quite a long time to consider moving into a village, now she recommends it to everybody.
    We don't care about capital gain on her apartment or how long it takes to be paid back, all we care about is that she feels valued as a resident.
    Last edited by Guild; 04-06-2021 at 09:47 PM.

Guru

My grandmother can still drive at 89 which is good.
    She hates aging though, laments it even and the health effects which spring out of nowhere.

Men did not get this chance until recently and I don't think any man in my family line has lived past 72. It was probably the smoking which was common back in the day.

Living past the retirement age is amazing though and a recent development for society but much more is needed.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 04-06-2021 at 10:22 PM.