sharetrader
Page 934 of 1980 FirstFirst ... 434834884924930931932933934935936937938944984103414341934 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,340 of 19791

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Even more reasons why there should be live coverage ........so we can see the directors squirm at questioning by a dog with a bone.

“I’ll get Brent to answer that one’ says The Chair

Or

‘Directors and management are available after the meeting to discuss such matters’.
    Remember the time I barked loud and clear that I was going to the Turners annual meeting and was really fired up and ready to chew their heads off...Chairman was so scared he made some lame excuse and didn't even turn up lol Talk about a dog with a mission and no bone to chew on...I gnawed my fingernails to the bone that day lol
    Nothing quite so dramatic to bark about here and of course all is forgiven with Turners seeing as they are filling my dog bowl up so well these days
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

remove double post.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-06-2021 at 02:58 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Sold my profits from OCA this morning and rotated them into a2. Held since July 2020. Still holding a decent amount and my preferred company in this sector by some margin.

A2 your brave

The crafty Beagle always makes accurate forward diary notes of when and where free sausage rolls are on offer and has never been known to get the date wrong yet

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Last time I went to Eden Park for an ASM they had bloody nice doughnuts! Think it was FRE... Worth going to just for them!Will go along to hopefully to taste test a couple more

Keep an eye out for Maverick and I.

Getting FOMO so bought some more today...hoping my super long range food sniffer is still working properly and this is not a bout of irrational exuberance...

Must be getting close to fully priced now....but then again...maybe they will tell us at the annual meeting that their build rate next year is well over 250 units ?...or maybe they don't know yet...or maybe Brent has another acquisition in mind to be announced soon ?

Chart looks very bullish now...nice clean break above 100 day MA, suggesting buying even more is a good idea !
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-06-2021 at 05:16 PM.

Not likely to get a hint as to what half year earnings are likely to be are we?

Nearly half way through H1

Guaranteed to be a boring affair I reckon .... lots of pictures we've seen before and the same words

You guys could give them a standing ovation for getting a through a tough year in fine fettle .... maybe not as Synlait shareholders gave board and management one a few years ago.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    All rest homes are revising their prices as from 1 July. Government subsidies will also be revised. Wages increases should be factored into the new charges.
    Hi Bottomfeeder, Thanks for the reminder...

For reference these were the 2020 changes.

Residential Care Subsidy changes
    On 1 July 2020, some key annual changes to the Residential Care Subsidy came into effect.
    If you need long-term residential care in a rest home, you may now qualify for the Residential Care Subsidy. The asset thresholds have increased to:
    • $236,336 for a single person
    • $236,336 for a couple where both partners are in long-term residential care
    • $236,336 for a couple where one person is in long-term residential care, including the value of their house and car
    • $129,423 for a couple where one partner is in long-term residential care, not including the combined value of their house and car (the house is only exempt when it is the main place where your partner who is not in care, or a dependent child, lives).

The income-from-assets exemptions have increased to:
    • $1,027 for a single person
    • $2,054 for a couple who are both in long-term residential care
    • $3,081 for a couple where one partner is in long-term residential care.

Your assets and income will be assessed by Work and Income. All other eligibility is assessed by the Ministry of Health.

There is also a helpful flow chart that outlines what residents can expect to pay for each of their own situations.

https://cffc-assets-prod.s3.ap-south...m-May-2017.pdf

Looking forward to hearing about the ASM... really should be live streamed, unfortunately I can't make it to Auckland.

Thanks to those going along, I'm looking forward to the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Not likely to get a hint as to what half year earnings are likely to be are we?

Nearly half way through H1

Guaranteed to be a boring affair I reckon .... lots of pictures we've seen before and the same words

You guys could give them a standing ovation for getting a through a tough year in fine fettle .... maybe not as Synlait shareholders gave board and management one a few years ago.
    Always good to attend these sort of events. You never know what little nuggets of gold might be dropped during off the record discussions with senior management or directors after the official proceedings have concluded. If nothing else you get more clarity on where the company is at. For the life of me I cannot recall ever attending an annual shareholders meeting and coming away thinking my time was wasted, not even once.