sharetrader
Page 940 of 1980 FirstFirst ... 440840890930936937938939940941942943944950990104014401940 ... LastLast
Results 9,391 to 9,400 of 19791
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Early 30's is a great time of life to take moderately aggressive investment positions that concentrate on high capital growth over the long run. With more than 30 years to go before retirement there's plenty of opportunity to recover if you get "a haircut".
    Ahem, "tqqq" and the other leveraged funds.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 17-06-2021 at 09:38 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_d View Post
    i'm struggling with where OCA has landed as a % portfolio allocation, I blame buying a bunch in may last year and then doubling down with a combo of buys just before the capital raise, and then getting some allocation through that too. Haven't sold any, my $1.97 offer never went anywhere.
    25% of my portfolio right now. A lot more than 6%. Ugh, eggs and baskets - but hard to sell when I feel that it's still undervalued. Won't be buying any more. Confused about selling something that I think is undervalued, concerned about risk.
    What about the DRP are you in that?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Everyone has a different appetite for risk. What is right for someone like me near retirement may be too conservative for someone quite young.
    The "sleep test" is the acid test in my opinion. If something is keeping you up at night then its probably your intuition telling you that you have a problem that needs fixing.
    Exactly right.!

Risk Manager for FTX

The annual number of new homes consented in the year ended January 2021 was 39,881, up 5.8 percent from the year ended January 2020, Stats NZ said today.
    The all-time high for any 12-month period was 40,025 in the year ended February 1974, which is 144 more than the current year-ended figure.

hpi.jpg
    -1x-1.jpg

Record supply coming, almost nil population growth, unsustainable price gains surely make it a little risky to be backing up the truck like you guys for a company with a disappointing history that is tied at the hip to house prices?
    Last edited by Gerald; 18-06-2021 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Got an edication

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
    The annual number of new homes consented in the year ended January 2021 was 39,881, up 5.8 percent from the year ended January 2020, Stats NZ said today.
    The all-time high for any 12-month period was 40,025 in the year ended February 1974, which is 144 more than the current year-ended figure.

hpi.jpg
    -1x-1.jpg

Record supply coming, almost nil population growth, unsustainable price gains surely make it a little risky to be backing up the truck like you guys for a company with a disapointing history that is tied at the hip to house prices?
    You spelled disappointing incorrectly but your table looks very pretty.

Still a few cents till fair value in my opinion.
    om mani peme hum

hpi.jpg
    -1x-1.jpg

Record supply coming, almost nil population growth, unsustainable price gains surely make it a little risky to be backing up the truck like you guys for a company with a disappointing history that is tied at the hip to house prices?

Last edited by Gerald; Today at 12:51 AM. Reason: Got an edication
    "edication" is either almost a pun (congratulations), a humorous, self-deprecating comment or an incorrect spelling of "education". Annoyingly, I cannot tell which one.
    Last edited by Biscuit; 18-06-2021 at 04:51 AM.

hpi.jpg
    -1x-1.jpg

The housing stock and population was a lot less in 1974 so percentage wise so we are way off an all time high.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_d View Post
    great post, and thank you. No lost sleep, considered buying more a couple of weeks ago - only thing stopping me was that i felt like i had enough. I just placed a small sell order at $1.97 again
    A sell order at $1.97 is no sell order at all, if you saw greater opportunity elsewhere you would take market price. And 25% is not crazy with a bricks and mortar type company if you have plenty of time up your sleeve, small ups and downs won't matter much.

Advanced Member

In my opinion population growth does not equate to housing demand-babies do not buy houses .
    Supply is increasing but house prices have risen 29% in the past year so if the company is tied at the hip to house prices is that not exciting ?
    When units are resold will not massive profits be made?
    Last edited by fish; 18-06-2021 at 10:30 AM.

Advanced Member

The annual number of new homes consented in the year ended January 2021 was 39,881, up 5.8 percent from the year ended January 2020, Stats NZ said today. The all-time high for any 12-month period was 40,025 in the year ended February 1974, which is 144 more than the current year-ended figure.......
    Can't live in a consent and it is not uncommon for projects to be delayed or cancelled. Specially higher density developments where the bank is not happy with off the plan sales or due to lack of construction capacity. Finance Minister seems to have plenty of taxpayer money for social housing though.