sharetrader
Page 992 of 1969 FirstFirst ... 4928929429829889899909919929939949959961002104210921492 ... LastLast
Results 9,911 to 9,920 of 19689

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    Hi beagle, I am unconvinced by your thesis that you can simply recoup build costs in the sale price. This may be true in part but I think units are priced to sell and the sale price is set largely due to external factors, e.g local housing sale price, local demand etc.
    Units are generally less than half the size of a conventional house in the same neighborhood and priced accordingly. I'm super confident of my thesis.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Yes I am sure you are. If they are priced at half the local conventional house what effect does construction costs have? Hmmm…

Maybe if you CAN just recoup your costs as part of the unit sale price Oceania could 'pretend' internally that they had incurred extra construction costs and then increase the sale price accordingly! May need to send Brent an email.
    Last edited by James108; 09-09-2021 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    Yes I am sure you are. If they are priced at half the local conventional house what effect does construction costs have? Hmmm…

Maybe if you CAN just recoup your costs as part of the unit sale price Oceania could 'pretend' internally that they had incurred extra construction costs and then increase the sale price accordingly! May need to send Brent an email.
    What about all the embedded value of all the existing units though?

If costs increase, naturally prices increase and therefore units built in the last decade are all worth more and resold again and again for more and more profit.

Sometimes I think this investment is just too easy...

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    What about all the embedded value of all the existing units though?

If costs increase, naturally prices increase and therefore units built in the last decade are all worth more and resold again and again for more and more profit.

You're on to it
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    the difficult bit is when OCA is just under 25% of my portfolio, and i feel as though it remains undervalued, but am uncomfortable having so many eggs in one basket.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_d View Post
    the difficult bit is when OCA is just under 25% of my portfolio, and i feel as though it remains undervalued, but am uncomfortable having so many eggs in one basket.
    35% here although a lot is just letting profits run, I'm feeling cool and calm.

Guru

Brexit britain are hiking all sorts of taxes to pay for "social care".

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/07/bori...re-crises.html

Mainly on the workers of course..

Bezos seems interested in the more obvious direction, fixing the underlying aging issue with medicine.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 10-09-2021 at 11:49 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_d View Post
    I hear you. It remains a great business longterm and just remember that. I have often thought about lowering my hold and looking to invest in something else. But what?

Guru

You ave to like the new adverts.

Been thinking about what might happen to the likes of Oceania with the 'new normal' / living with covid and no more lock downs - maybe next year

Probably be hundreds and hundreds (maybe thousands) of covid cases reported every day

Aged care facilities will be affected - they won't be able to escape living with covid

At least it will be 'normal' and and the outcomes accepted as one of those things - so shouldn't shock the markets hopefully

Question then - should whatever the living with covid ramifications are affect our perceived value of Oceania (and others) shares

We should be forward looking

An upside might be higher death rates for a few years which would help that unit turnover rate (good) - downside might be more really sick residents whose sickness will linger and requiring moe and longer care (hoping faciities can cope and have enough people)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”