sharetrader
Page 388 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 2883383783843853863873883893903913923984384888881388 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 19415

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Whether it be for dividend or to expand, all retirement stocks borrow money. As long as their Value (NTA) keeps increasing and does not go backwards
    paying unimputed divies the taxman at least gets a small cut of the earnings ...with shareholders paying it
    Last edited by winner69; 21-07-2019 at 03:40 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Oh no, one broker (who is very ambitious with their share price target on SUM) has come out with a preview of what they reckon we'll expect... and it ain't that pretty... OCA's 3rd annual report since being listed, and earnings are going backwards they say... I remember some other dog in this sector starting with A never, ever having earnings per share contracting since they listed (and they've been listed far longer than OCA), and yet sum people have much more favorable views of OCA than that dog ARV...
    ironic really, given OCA is not building a very good track record at all, and yet this was number 1 pick on sharetrader for this years stock picking contest and has many rampers, sum of whom then don't like the listed dog that has a better track record

At least forsyth reckon dividend is go increase from 4.7c last year to 4.8c this year... but underlying EPS is going backwards 7% they say

OCA cheap at least
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 21-07-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Guru

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/338084

Actually a tad better than I was expecting... Still looks very complex compared to others in the listed sector... DRP at least (also means they need more cash and probably worried they are beginning to borrow to much - as I previously mentioned)
    What is this impairment on something in the care division? That other dog ARV never had that... Aged care division keeps going down in profitability 3 years running now, interesting ARV isn't impacted by this trend (in fact the opposite has happened)
    Care, Village Operations & Corporate costs flat or going down over the medium term... not sure if this is a good or bad thing (not really sure what this means)
    Resale margins dropping, embedded value barely going up (isn't this value quite important for future earnings? some creative accounting going on here as well...), development margin going up still at least.
    Net Debt up a whopping 65% on prior year

One thing is for sure, ARV looks pretty flash compared to OCA!
    ARV also bigger now as well.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 25-07-2019 at 08:13 AM.

i say it again OCA remain dependant on trading gains in a rising property market for a big chunk of there profit. hence why there net profit is down as property market is flat
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

wow ARV's Basic earnings per share is 90% higher than OCA's... yet ARV's share price is only 28% higher than OCA... ARV is the bargain round here, OCA not so cheap really...

Long Member

didn't realise this was the ARV thread

percy

Pretty average sort of result.
    Currently not holding.
    Last edited by percy; 25-07-2019 at 08:43 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Well Endowed View Post
    didn't realise this was the ARV thread
    OCA is often compared to ARV as they are fairly similar in business model... yet many who 'love' (or previously loved) OCA, are staunchly against ARV... funny stuff really. But yes, I'll try stop highlighting why ARV is a better company than OCA, OCA's result today helps highlight this enough (when compared to the similar ARV)

I hold both ARV and OCA shares afterall (and have done since they both listed respectively) and I think they both have the right model in the long term, just surprised OCA is having a few more 'issues', that will hopefully be short lived... certainly glad I hold 2x more ARV shares thats for sure... I really need to install the upgrade as I'm sure the normal rampers of OCA (and opponents of ARV) no longer post much on here
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 25-07-2019 at 09:09 AM.

The bits that matters are up, comprehensive income and operational cash flow

Total Comprehensive Income has
    increased by 22.1% to $99.8m over the
    year. This measure takes into account the
    enhanced value that we are adding to our
    aged care business as we bring new care
    suites onto the market.

Operational cashflow up more than 8%

Guru

Can anyone find in OCA's announcements this morning any reference to facilities with 4 year certification? for a company that is (supposed) to be so care focused, there seems to be very little info on 'benchmarks' around their care offering/service itself, such as facilities with 4 year certification