sharetrader
Page 300 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 2002502902962972982993003013023033043103504008001300 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 19574
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    IRD's job is to interpret legislation and enforce it.
    That's not all they do, their Policy Advice Division (PAD) draft legislation (Bills) which proceed through process to become law. An insight into their extensive work programme would shed light on the topic and whether the risk exists clearly, presently or at all.

I thinks it's good discussion and don't agree that it should be summarily dismissed just because it doesn't fit someone else's narrative. Then again I dont think it's worth dwelling on too much until something emerges that indicates the risk likelihood is increasing.
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 01-02-2019 at 06:19 PM. Reason: spellung

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    This sort of fearmongering is not new and has been canvassed on here at length before.
    I hope Cindy's Kindy try and get a comprehensive CGT through in the next election because this presents as the best chance to get rid of the present Government.
    IRD's job is to interpret legislation and enforce it.
    Sure, anything is possible including nuclear war in the next 1-5 years but I think one is best to concentrate on clear and present risks not on vague possibilities don't you ?
    If you really thought this was a material risk to the sector you and your wife wouldn't be holding would you...
    No need to be ridiculously defensive here Beagle , you of all people pump the stock you are in and Dump on a stock you are not yet in or have sold on multiple times over the years.Fearmongering LOL look no further.

I really appreciate some of your analytical posts, keep up the good work on those.

Contrarian /opposing views are essential and important for a bit of balance and to neutralise love festivals and attempted influencers. i applaud Scrunch and other opinions for and against especially if they don't have an agenda.

BTW a comprehensive CGT looks to have many merits fairer to all without increasing the tax take, might even close the gaps little, nothing to fear. Time for a Bubbly have a great weekend.

Banned

Lol a CGT on shares will turn the already struggling NZX into a tumbleweed town.

Earlier post could be further summarised as - they sold 52 units more than last year and underlying earnings went up a mere $1m
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Earlier post could be further summarised as - they sold 52 units more than last year and underlying earnings went up a mere $1m
    It's a concern when the FA gurus think the numbers are 'obfuscated'. What murdered the profit? Homework for the weekend.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Lol a CGT on shares will turn the already struggling NZX into a tumbleweed town.
    Correct me if I’m wrong . But I already pay tax as a trader . So with a CGT depending on the rate I might be better off .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong . But I already pay tax as a trader . So with a CGT depending on the rate I might be better off .
    Trading profit will always be taxed at your marginal tax rate whatever that happens to be, the rate an investor pays on capital gain should be around 15-20% going on overseas rates unless Cullen gets his way and applies the top marginal tax rate of 33% which would be draconian by any measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    It's a concern when the FA gurus think the numbers are 'obfuscated'. What murdered the profit? Homework for the weekend.
    Probably something very obvious and simple ....like clear as mud

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Probably something very obvious and simple ....like clear as mud
    I will admit to being somewhat baffled by the OCA accounts. I was also baffled by the last FY version and was hoping for a little clarity this time.
    Well that did not happen did it!

Somehow the little bits and pieces, a tax adjustment here, a PP&E revaluation (or 2) there, they appear to add up to nothing much at all.

Though to be honest, what most baffles me more is the depth of emotional attachment to this stock being exhibited on this thread.
    om mani peme hum

So OCA could be a buck when it goes ex divie

Hard to believe share price down nearly 20% in a few months

Depreciating about as fast as a Holden Calais