sharetrader
Page 1969 of 1969 FirstFirst ... 969146918691919195919651966196719681969
Results 19,681 to 19,689 of 19689

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Seems there is profit in care ….OCA reported $17k ebita per car bed last report and even Radious mentioned $24k per care bed yesterday
    Huge profitability turnaround in Radius Care now that they can get staff and stabilised their debt situation. All about high occupancy when staff numbers allow. Money to be made.

Maybe OCA should merge its care bed division with Radius!
    Last edited by Balance; Today at 04:15 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Very slanted article. The elderley man had so many advanced health issues. He was in hospital for two weeks before he died. Did they blame the hospital? Perhaps Oceania should not take in such patients. They probably should have gone to hospice for respite care. Nevertheless my sympathies go out to the family. But now as he was a very sick man, and in the care of anyone else would probably have died, market cap has dropped by over 20 mill. Just where does that make sense from an isolated incident.
    There are funding issues everywhere including hospices. The end of life needs to be imminent. So even though this patient had multiple co-morbidities, they may well have been insufficient for hospice care. The rule of thumb used to be, and it may still be in other nations, that if the expected remaining lifespan was six months or less, then hospice care would be considered. A Hospice would be keenly sought. Not only for the perceived quality of care, but for the fact that there is no charge or means testing

Perhaps the patient should already have been a permanent resident of a rest home hospital. However spouses (usually wives) are often reluctant to send their partners to rest homes.
    Last edited by Bjauck; Today at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    I'd love the opportunity to buy more at 56c... Anyone else?
    Even better would have been if I didn't buy any at $1 in 2019.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Expected very little else in reply. More ignorant gutter language with arrogant overtones. Ignorance in the extreme. Not your honey, but obviously you are online from some sort of prison.

Very little profit in the care suites anyway. Why would an RV take on a client with much greater requirements in the way of staff expertise and montoring requirements. About time everyone realised that RV's are not quasi non profit government agencies desperate for a bit of income at any cost. This instance just proves my point.
    So deep under water that you cannot see how horrendous your post was.

That was what you took away from the negative press about OCA…

…That the poor b@stard should have taken his sick old arse elsewhere.

Jesus, that’s so bad.

Get a grip man. OCA stuffed up. No ifs or butts.

And it was called out with the findings of the recent report.

Do better.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Seems there is profit in care ….OCA reported $17k ebita per car bed last report and even Radious mentioned $24k per care bed yesterday
    The ministerial briefing at the end of last year from the ACA https://nzaca.org.nz/wp-content/uplo...l-briefing.pdf
    found that “Factoring in depreciation, amortisation and interest, the survey found that more than half (56%) of respondents’ facilities made a net loss in the 2022/23 financial year (equating to a loss of $4.24 per operating bed day)”

The briefing also found that the EBITDA per occupied bed DAY had fallen from $23.82 in 2017 to $3.94 in 2022. Auckland and BoP have better profit results.

a weekly close under 58c would be a new low on the weeklies ... very bearish and keep my original target from mth's back of covid lows being tested in tact
    one step ahead of the herd

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    a weekly close under 58c would be a new low on the weeklies
    Are you sure of that, current weekly low is same as 6 and 7 weeks ago and above 8 weeks ago of 0.55. And to hit your Covid low target, it will have to fall another 0.21 or 35%

No wonder you called yourself bull****.

Brilliant buying opportunity, but [SARCASM]I'll wait for the long forecast 1:4 cap raise at 0.50, oh wait, the cap raise might be even more steeply discounted. [/SARCASM]

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Are you sure of that, current weekly low is same as 6 and 7 weeks ago and above 8 weeks ago of 0.55. And to hit your Covid low target, it will have to fall another 0.21 or 35%

No wonder you called yourself bull****.

Brilliant buying opportunity, but [SARCASM]I'll wait for the long forecast 1:4 cap raise at 0.50, oh wait, the cap raise might be even more steeply discounted. [/SARCASM]

A cap raise at 50c per share would not make much sense when the NTA per share is $1.40. Better to raise the cash by selling a couple of villages. Mind you NZL has raised capital at a significant discount to NTA so never say never.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    So deep under water that you cannot see how horrendous your post was.

That was what you took away from the negative press about OCA…

…That the poor b@stard should have taken his sick old arse elsewhere.

Jesus, that’s so bad.

Get a grip man. OCA stuffed up. No ifs or butts.

And it was called out with the findings of the recent report.

Do better.
    You just cant let up with the aggression and gutter language can you.

It was not about this poor gentleman " taking his sick ......." it is about OCA recognising the particular type of care he required and the problems he had and saying we havent the expertise to give him the care he needs.

I have had some experience with the elderley moving into a care unit. It is so traumatic for them. They worry that once they are there they will never get out. They feel they are tricked. All they want is to be home again. Then the exaggerations, complaints, problems all come, some real some not so real. Respite care comes when the caregivers need a break because the patient is so debiliated and has so many problems they are difficult to care for.

Now, Tea I understand you may have a great deal of sympathy for this guys situation and feel strongly for him and thus your unfortunate and uncontrolled tirade. But unfortunately Oceania is a business owned by shareholders. The company is not the carer of last resort for a permanent or temporary client, now more of a patient and is under no obligation to be forced into it.

So Tea, I think you should take a chill pill before the site moderator chills you out. Take a step back.