sharetrader
Page 715 of 1976 FirstFirst ... 21561566570571171271371471571671771871972576581512151715 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,150 of 19755
    Guru

yes i wondered if the restrictions will simply slow what is being reported as sounding like an investing frenzy?

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    yes i wondered if the restrictions will simply slow what is being reported as sounding like an investing frenzy?
    Won’t affect OCA or any other retirement sector company in any way regardless of what the RBNZ do to LVR

Banned

It will....the sentiment. Residential property sector was really encouraging and positive in the last couple months n helps the sentiment of retirement sector and other properties stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    It will....the sentiment. Residential property sector was really encouraging and positive in the last couple months n helps the sentiment of retirement sector and other properties stocks.
    Yeah but do you think the reinstatement of LVR restrictions is enough to change it from being encouraging and positive? I can't see it myself.

Banned

Not sure...once it reinstated...then result can be seen....no one here expected real estate is so hot post lockdown.

Clearly Mr Orr did not expect kiwis returned and all brought thier money and bought the property

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Herald article...suggesting Mr Orr to pull LVR trigger.... because the housing market is over heated....might see OCA down to $1.20?
    If lvr restrictions are introduced it will definitely have an effect on house price rises. Hence why retirement stocks selling off

a study by the rbnz said so

The Reserve Bank’s initial estimates, published in a recent Analytical Note, are that LVR restrictions will result in 3-8 percent fewer house sales, 1-4 percentage point lower house price inflation and 1-3 percentage point lower housing credit growth over the first year that LVR restrictions are in place, than would have otherwise been the case.1

https://www.rbnz.govt.nz/financial-s...r-restrictions

looks like the smart money got out just at the right time .... 1.20 here we come lol
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    If lvr restrictions are introduced it will definitely have an effect on house price rises. Hence why retirement stocks selling off

a study by the rbnz said so

The Reserve Bank’s initial estimates, published in a recent Analytical Note, are that LVR restrictions will result in 3-8 percent fewer house sales, 1-4 percentage point lower house price inflation and 1-3 percentage point lower housing credit growth over the first year that LVR restrictions are in place, than would have otherwise been the case.1

https://www.rbnz.govt.nz/financial-s...r-restrictions

looks like the smart money got out just at the right time .... 1.20 here we come lol
    I think you may have jumped the gun on saying now is a goodtime to get out Bull. There will be short term volatility with the US elections and rising Covid cases overseas but this also presents opportunity on stockslike OCA.

Even if the Reserve Bank introduce tighter LVR restrictions,there are two questions. When will this happen and by what degree. I believe they will introduce tighter LVR restrictions early next year but it will be moderate, as to not scare the market. Property inflation will still be feeding throughto OCA for the short to medium term IMO.
    Last edited by Gunner; 30-10-2020 at 08:25 AM. Reason: grammer

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    I think you may have jumped the gun on saying now is a goodtime to get out Bull. There will be short term volatility with the US elections and rising Covid cases overseas but this also presents opportunity on stockslike OCA.

Even if the Reserve Bank introduce tighter LVR restrictions,there are two questions. When will this happen and by what degree. I believe they will introduce tighter LVR restrictions early next year but it will be moderate, as to not scare the market. Property inflation will still be feeding throughto OCA for the short to medium term IMO.
    You space bar broken mate?

harder to read than bad gramma
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

One thing with the Oceania share price in the mid 130's is that we can take solace with is that it's about what professional analysts come up with - even more so if we discount Forbars outrageous bullishness a little

Can't argue with professionals ..so things not too bad at the moment
    Last edited by winner69; 30-10-2020 at 08:49 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post

I must say your grammer is very good compared to mine although i had trouble finding the word throughto in the dictionary. i dont dis-agree with your comments and add the comment property prices are more are about lack of supply than low interest rates
    one step ahead of the herd