sharetrader
Page 650 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 15055060064064664764864965065165265365466070075011501650 ... LastLast
Results 6,491 to 6,500 of 19415

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    MET has been snared for what currently seems to be a song by a salesman with a foot in the door.

As hopefully the care side of the business now looks less risky, Will OCA be the Cinderella of the sector? Although I would hesitate to call the others ugly sisters.
    Real estate prices are confounding all the so called experts so the valuation in the independent appraisal report cannot be relied upon in my opinion...but if 75% of people vote for the takeover then all they deserve is $6. I just hope OCA directors are far more committed to the company that the MET sellouts so if ever the European wolf comes knocking on the OCA door they'll tell them to go away in no uncertain terms.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-09-2020 at 10:52 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Houses are in focus for many people as the local floor, curtain and tile shop says they are over run with people investing in there homes. It could simple be a boom for investing in the house home and garden. All those people returning after a decades a broad bring there euros and pounds back to buy a bargain..The only shock a stuff wrote is cultural shock. Remember you can and actually live in europe its european.

Ha det Bra Hejda
    Last edited by Waltzing; 13-09-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    Houses are in focus for many people as the local floor, curtain and tile shop says they are over run with people investing in there homes. It could simple be a boom for investing in the house home and garden. All those people returning after a decades a broad bring there euros and pounds back to buy a bargain..The only shock a stuff wrote is cultural shock. Remember you can and actually live in europe its european.

Ha det Bra Hejda
    Are you o.k.?

To be honest - most of your recent posts might need an interpreter. While most of the words do look English, the sentences they form often don't seem to make sense.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post

Ha det Bra Hejda
    Maybe for many of the Kiwi returnees to NZ, it was not a final Adjö to the countries they left. When the coronavirus emergency subsides maybe many of them may return to resume their OE - Provided there are employment opportunities?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 14-09-2020 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I suppose the ASM on the 24th will be another boring affair ..... a whole,lot of regurgitation of old stuff to give the believers something to salivate about.

I'll do the honourable thing and vote YES for Liz to stay on

By the way where's Warren these days -- haven't heard from him for a while. - hope he still with us
    Be even more boring now seeing it’s a online affair

Grumpy shareholders won’t be heard .....but then again Oceania shareholders are never grumpy are they.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

No lukewarm sausage rolls after the meeting for the dog and no chance to meet the directors and senior management but as usual I have come up with a cunning plan.
    When the meeting starts go up the road to the best bakery in town and get some really good and really hot gourmet sausage rolls and others treats and by the time I get back, I will have missed most of the boring stuff and I can start hoeing into my treats as I will be hearing with delight about their outlook and how they've been selling heaps more than last year.

Sounds like a plan almost as good as being there. The above a good example of the old adage "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

with spring wild weather in the central north island "I can start hoeing into my treats " it is indeed a good idea. ill be doing the same and listening with great interest.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    No lukewarm sausage rolls after the meeting for the dog and no chance to meet the directors and senior management but as usual I have come up with a cunning plan.
    When the meeting starts go up the road to the best bakery in town and get some really good and really hot gourmet sausage rolls and others treats and by the time I get back, I will have missed most of the boring stuff and I can start hoeing into my treats as I will be hearing with delight about their outlook and how they've been selling heaps more than last year.

Sounds like a plan almost as good as being there. The above a good example of the old adage "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"

An excellent plan, might have to have a practice run tomorrow, with the sausage rolls.

Plenty of resistance at $1.05. I guess it will sit around this level until we have a really exciting announcement next week (pass me a Tui), or failing that, the next big covid related curve ball.

Guru

Rising tax free house prices = good for OCA but the costs seem to be a bit out of control currently.