sharetrader
Page 136 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 36861261321331341351361371381391401461862366361136 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 19415
    Advanced Member

Many thanks for everyones comments re where to find 'Depth'. The help on this forum has been brilliant & v much appreciated. I've been using ANZ Securities website for last 3.5 years & slowly built up a reasonably substantial portfolio of 9 shares (including OCA 7%, SUM 10%
    of portfolio) & hadn't realised that tool was available on the ANZ site. Will def use it, with discretion, in future. Agree that a few cents here & there are unimportant as long as they're excellent companies in their field, & there's strongly growing demand in the field their operating in, both of which would seem to apply to OCA. Still just a little wary of just how big a 'cloud on the horizon' the overhang turns out to be or not to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Some of that $1.11 and $1.12 offer could be a little "contrived" and I suspect when it starts trading at $1.11 some of it will magically disappear.
    I reckon we should uniformly identify such offers (or bids) henceforth, as "Claytons offers" (or bids) due to the main characteristic of this phenomenon being, "its the offer we're having, when we're not having an offer"

Perhaps "a Henry Clayton" or indeed "a Milf Clayton" might be more appropriate, but I won't elaborate

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    I reckon we should uniformly identify such offers (or bids) henceforth, as "Claytons offers" (or bids) due to the main characteristic of this phenomenon being, "its the offer we're having, when we're not having an offer"

Perhaps "a Henry Clayton" or indeed "a Milf Clayton" might be more appropriate, but I won't elaborate
    If I take your definition as meaning that they are offers that are not intended to actually trade, what would prevent the offers from trading if a matching bid appeared? That would surely need insight of incoming bids before they hit the market and a quick retraction of the offer (aka. the "withdrawal method").

PS. The Mayo Clinic says the withdrawal method isn't an especially effective form of ... control.

Moosie on another site says tsunami of trouble heading our way. Another poster over there said signs tightening of credit tightening here with deals falling over

Might affect margins on that cool Auckland developnent in due course

https://www.afr.com/real-estate/prop...0180618-h11iip
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Moosie on another site says tsunami of trouble heading our way. Another poster over there said signs tightening of credit tightening here with deals falling over

Might affect margins on that cool Auckland developnent in due course

https://www.afr.com/real-estate/prop...0180618-h11iip
    With all due respect to Moosie, he tends to be a prophet of doom and gloom with an OTT application of TA analysis.

IMO

Well worth reading

"Cautious property lenders are ditching deals at the last minute amid growing nervousness as the
    value of property sales plunges by more than 50 per cent since the market peak, analysis reveals."

Ummm, can I ask the obvious, why are you guys referencing Australian articles when OCA do not trade in Australia ? Perhaps that's of some relevance in the Ryman thread ?
    According to my client who is the GM of one of the major Australian owned real estate franchises the market is stable and well balanced in Auckland and rising in the vast majority of the rest of the country so I am sorry but I struggle to draw any meaningful link with those articles and its possible effect on OCA ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Ummm, can I ask the obvious, why are you guys referencing Australian articles when OCA do not trade in Australia ? Perhaps that's of some relevance in the Ryman thread ?
    According to my client who is the GM of one of the major Australian owned real estate franchises the market is stable and well balanced in Auckland and rising in the vast majority of the rest of the country so I am sorry but I struggle to draw any meaningful link with those articles and its possible effect on OCA ?
    Forward looking ......from all accounts nz banks continue to tighten up on lending (and as one respected poster said on that other channel deals are falling over at the moment) ....will affect residential property market in due course....and possibly might impact margins on that cool Oceania project.

Prices might be ok but activity (number of sales) is still way down from a year or so ago

The AFR article was just a trigger to highlight a possible risk

Suppose applies to others in sector as well.

You did ask
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Interesting to note we recently sold our house to the first person who came through it.
    House listed on a Wednesday,in the property book on the Thursday,buyer came through on the Thursday.
    Wanted to make an offer on the Fiday,however we waited until after the first open home on the Sunday,before looking at any offers.
    Accepted the buyer's offer on the Sunday.
    Well presented home,top agent,top photos,top marketing,sensible price,meant quick sale.
    Now have the money burning a big hole in my pocket.!!

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Forward looking ......from all accounts nz banks continue to tighten up on lending (and as one respected poster said on that other channel deals are falling over at the moment) ....will affect residential property market in due course....and possibly might impact margins on that cool Oceania project.

Prices might be ok but activity (number of sales) is still way down from a year or so ago

The AFR article was just a trigger to highlight a possible risk

Suppose applies to others in sector as well.

You did ask
    I beg to differ mate. My thoughts are that the tightening of credit has been in the market for quite some time now, most especially in regard to deposit requirements.
    https://www.reinz.co.nz/Media/Defaul...May%202018.pdf I really don't see anything in here that's of concern either in respect to prices or volume and those stat's are the net effect of a tightening credit market that's existed for many many months now.

Nothing to worry about in my opinion. I hear just what Percy alluded too. People who are presenting their homes well and pricing them realistically are having little to no trouble selling them. Development funding is harder to get, I will grant you that but that simply means well funded companies are at a competitive advantage as compared to those that need to fund their activities from contributory mortgages at substaintially higher interest rates.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-06-2018 at 09:48 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine