sharetrader
Page 545 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 4544549553554154254354454554654754854955559564510451545 ... LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,450 of 19415

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    My gut feeling said..it might be pull back as many will do profit taking....maybe not Monday but could see throughout the week. As many bought in low....now the time to sell at high...

So ...let see aye
    Usually I would say I agree with this, but if those people brought in at lets say .40 - .60, then they are making a lot currently, and quite quickly and easily. I would be inclined to think that they will actually stay in. Those who brought in at .40 have already doubled their money, and for very little effort and very little time, they may triple their money soon. By the end of the year they may quadruple it. I don't think there will be that many profit takers from this stock for a while yet.

Last edited by winner69; 07-06-2020 at 11:17 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Suppose yahoo always had crap data anyway
    Yahoo has it at .94 as well

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Yahoo has it at .94 as well
    Not when I looked so I must be reading their interactive charts wrong

But if in doubt do it yourself and the abacus says 94 ....yippee

From what you said earlier does it appear that trading in a 100 to 111 range for some time might be as good as it gets this year

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    My gut feeling said..it might be pull back as many will do profit taking....maybe not Monday but could see throughout the week. As many bought in low....now the time to sell at high...

So ...let see aye
    I bought a few to average down to 98c. I will certainly be selling some should they reach ~110c. As they will become a bigger portion of my portfolio than I really want. Not sure I would call that profit taking. But same effect.

Thanks for the detailed chart confirming the break up through the 100 day MA. I was just going visually off the direct broking one I posted a link for yesterday which indicated a break was imminent.

Augers well for the future in my opinion. Previous trading and resistance was with the massive Macquarie overhang so that being behind us now is something that I think is very relevant going forward. My sense is NTA of $1.01 last year is one thing but NAV, (which is net asset value inclusive of developments work in progress, IP and some other stuff) of $1.15 as at 31 May 2019 is where this is headed in the near future.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Thanks for the detailed chart confirming the break up through the 100 day MA. I was just going visually off the direct broking one I posted a link for yesterday which indicated a break was imminent.

Augers well for the future in my opinion. Previous trading and resistance was with the massive Macquarie overhang so that being behind us now is something that I think is very relevant going forward. My sense is NTA of $1.01 last year is one thing but NAV, (which is net asset value inclusive of developments work in progress, IP and some other stuff) of $1.15 as at 31 May 2019 is where this is headed in the near future.
    And wait there's more.......don't forget Beagle , there is another 8 cents of net asset value on top of the $1.15 waiting to be addded when the current new empty units on hand get leased for the first time.
    Last edited by Maverick; 07-06-2020 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

Surely that NAV thingie will be close to $1.30 come May 2020 reporting

Good stuff eh

Listed retirement operators to a certain extent don’t make much (if anything) out of looking after old people ...all their profits and cash flows are generated from property related activities,

It’s good that Oceania’s NAV apparently is increasing and maybe is a good metric to use to ‘value’ the company.

But it begs the question whether this should be ‘discounted’ by how much it is costing to looking after old people. In Oceania’s case non-property cash flows over last two half years have been negative $25m. That’s quite a lot eh.

Maybe based on this approach ‘fair value’ is less than NTA or NAV

But then I’ve never really understood Oceania’s model and their financials remain obtuse so maybe looking at it this way is completely wrong.

Maybe it’s best to act just dumb ...believe the story ....and hope like hell I make heaps over the next few years by hanging in there

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Listed retirement operators to a certain extent don’t make much (if anything) out of looking after old people ...all their profits and cash flows are generated from property related activities,

It’s good that Oceania’s NAV apparently is increasing and maybe is a good metric to use to ‘value’ the company.

But it begs the question whether this should be ‘discounted’ by how much it is costing to looking after old people. In Oceania’s case non-property cash flows over last two half years have been negative $25m. That’s quite a lot eh.

Maybe based on this approach ‘fair value’ is less than NTA or NAV

But then I’ve never really understood Oceania’s model and their financials remain obtuse so maybe looking at it this way is completely wrong.

Maybe it’s best to act just dumb ...believe the story ....and hope like hell I make heaps over the next few years by hanging in there
    Yeah, this year's NAV less last years NAV and add on dividends paid and BINGO, that's their real earnings...that's makes their financial statements much more legible Taking a "dogged" approach to holding for many, many years makes profound common sense to me !
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-06-2020 at 05:02 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine