sharetrader
Page 741 of 1965 FirstFirst ... 24164169173173773873974074174274374474575179184112411741 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,410 of 19644

Believe there's 3 Covid vaccines now with another days away. 20m doses by 11th Dec and 30m monthly thereafter multiply that by 4 so momentum building. Maybe formula sharing be available ?

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I was right up the top of the sky tower the other day Iceman and enjoyed the stunning vista looking out over the harbor and cityscape. We really are blessed here to have access to such a wide array of islands to visit in the Hauraki Gulf. Little bit over fished now.

I still can't believe they got that consent at Waimarie St. Might have to ask management what's their "secret sauce" recipe. OCA's consenting is the exact opposite of the 6 year fiasco SUM had with Boulcott street which finally achieved consent the other day. Whatever OCA's secret consenting methodology is (86% of their entire future redevelopment program is already consented) the market is ascribing no value to it.
    off topic already so am just going to blatantly skite about where I spent Saturday afternoon bbq'ing and drinking whiskey

View from BBQ.jpg
    These guys are never going to sell .... the property has been in the family for 100 years or so.

They reckoned that 'everybody says' there were backhanders to get the 5 storey consent for THe Sands......
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

What's a backhander
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Unfortunately I was out and about yesterday afternoon otherwise I would have given it a cuddle at that price.
    Probably time I stopped teasing the TA experts. Quite possibly isn't helping.
    Just over 2 months until the half year results in January which (if Mav and I are right with our analysis and I am backing myself to the hilt to be right and I know he is too), is going to stun the market and leave the analysts gob smacked and scrambling to revise their price targets. Forsyth Barr will have to dramatically raise their $1.65 price target probably by about 50 cents like they did last time, this time to $2.15 !

Well RYM and ARV results are out and the market responded negatively to both. OCAs January result will have to be a rip snorter result to shift the current price north. $2.15 looking like pie in the sky given given current mood in mkt in the retirement home sector.

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    Well RYM and ARV results are out and the market responded negatively to both. OCAs January result will have to be a rip snorter result to shift the current price north. $2.15 looking like pie in the sky given given current mood in mkt in the retirement home sector.
    Rym and ARV reporting included the lockdown period. Oca have already reported theirs. The January reporting will be post lockdown and will include the rising house prices. The good result may surprise the market and boom boom.

Guru

Interest rates staying ultra low for several years to come at least highly chance.

NZ government having executed an over the top Hail Marry in mid air and the NZ investor having invested in housing since before Adam i just would not want to bet against jane and jim investing saving in the house and where possible prehaps a retirement stock because its easier than a rental or 2. I know a young ACA and even he has a rental plus an stock holdings in game stocks on the NAS ect..

I see these lovely retirement allotments all round the country side here and they are adding a lot of business to the communities where they are springing up.

Until the numbers go south at you cant afford to bet against the housing market in the shaky isles. The govt has given up and are no longer in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Rym and ARV reporting included the lockdown period. Oca have already reported theirs. The January reporting will be post lockdown and will include the rising house prices. The good result may surprise the market and boom boom.
    Yes that I suggest is a known to most on this thread. One can only hope. Time will tell

Yes that I suggest is a known to most on this thread. One can only hope. Time will tell
    The shutdown was a significant disruption to business and the additional cost. A nice surprise in store for January IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by wagwan View Post
    Yep agree completely.

Supply feedback loop will be slow though, and needs to keep up at least with demand from (a) potential returnees (although I reckon the impact of this has been materially overstated), and (b) organic population growth.

"Least regrets" approach from RBNZ seems to be in full affect

Also, given the amount of public, and private, debt now in the financial system - any increase in the cost of borrowing would have to be slow in implementation otherwise servicing would go through the floor, and with it consumer confidence and spending. Economy to follow.
    one way the govt could stimulate the market is with incentives for developers in the rent to own space. this is a starting up growth area in australia eg mirvac listed on the asx is getting into this, in NZ kpg is looking into it. local govt provide incentives for large scale rent to own developments. with incentives the market would correct the supply issue pretty quick.
    one step ahead of the herd

Yes but expecting at least $1.50 very soon.