sharetrader
Page 146 of 1964 FirstFirst ... 46961361421431441451461471481491501561962466461146 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 19638
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Too true and who was in power when it all kicked off and did very little to protect all the investors ....
    I'm not sure that the Govt should be 'protecting' shareholders.
    But I suppose that depends on what you mean by 'protecting'.
    Certainly the Govt should put in place rules that allow the shareholders to have a fair deal and not place in the Wild West.

Veteran novice

Isn't it interesting how discussion can stray from the thread - Oceania Group - to Ryman's directors' fees; the level of directors' fees in general; finance company collapses; Pike River Mining disaster; government "protection" of investors. I'm sure that all these topics have their own threads - let's not lumber discussion of OCA with them.

Advanced Member

Just another article about retirement villages

https://www.noted.co.nz/money/proper...ement-village/

Advanced Member

Really wanted some more OCA & happy to top up this morning. Plenty of depth on the buy side at these levels & although it may drop a cent or two, imho think the long term outlook is so positive & solid, was afraid of looking back in 12 months time & kicking myself for worrying about a few cents ( missed out on topping up with SUM more, just before it shot up).
    On a completely unrelated matter to OCA, bumped into one of the OCA staff supervisors on Friday & as always given half a chance, took the opportunity to have a decent chat & get some direct feedback. He was exactly the sort you want, deeply committed to (would go the extra mile) & incredibly proud & enthusiastic about the company he works for, the standard of care for the residents, the villages & the awards they have won. Only one staff member obviously, but really impressive & hopefully indicative of the company culture & why they are winning awards, building a great reputation & aiming to be the best in their field.
    NB DYOR
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 16-07-2018 at 05:08 PM.

That's good to know however, even if it's just one staff member. I'm invested in RYM, MET and SUM and I'm considering whether to buy some OCA as well. Thanks for the info, Blue Skies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Really wanted some more OCA & happy to top up this morning. Plenty of depth on the buy side at these levels & although it may drop a cent or two, imho think the long term outlook is so positive & solid, was afraid of looking back in 12 months time & kicking myself for worrying about a few cents ( missed out on topping up with SUM more, just before it shot up).
    On a completely unrelated matter to OCA, bumped into one of the OCA staff supervisors on Friday & as always given half a chance, took the opportunity to have a decent chat & get some direct feedback. He was exactly the sort you want, deeply committed to (would go the extra mile) & incredibly proud & enthusiastic about the company he works for, the standard of care for the residents, the villages & the awards they have won. Only one staff member obviously, but really impressive & hopefully indicative of the company culture & why they are winning awards, building a great reputation & aiming to be the best in their field.
    NB DYOR

Good start to day with the share price up and I thought we were getting the upward momentum going again

But a bummer of a day in the end

Hope tomorrow will be better
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Good start to day with the share price up and I thought we were getting the upward momentum going again

Not worried about tomorrow, or the next... in 10 days from now the share price is going to start up, and then continue up throughout the day... some say we could be witnessing the last days of OCA under $1.20.

No worries
    What is certain is ARV continuing to trade the cheapest and be priced like a dog, despite increasing signs it will grow EPS faster over the coming years than companies sounding similar to the movie title narnia.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

No mate, not a bummer end to the day, I bought those 1722 shares at close at $1.11.PS-On tough days, scraps are good.
    Last edited by couta1; 16-07-2018 at 08:39 PM.

It's those naughty Bots, winner, painting the wrong picture with tiddly sells, to give us the impression it's more offered than bid. NOT TRUE.

Geez, even got Couta queue-jumping for scraps in the end of day auction, so it's definitely NOT TRUE.

IMO

Good strategy tho, manifesting it down to ones buy price i want more too.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 17-07-2018 at 07:46 AM.