sharetrader
Page 344 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 2442943343403413423433443453463473483543944448441344 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 19415

Always strikes me what posh sounding names these villages have

No doubt a bit of marketing / psychology aimed at target audience

I see no names like Te Rauawaawa
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Always strikes me what posh sounding names these villages have

No doubt a bit of marketing / psychology aimed at target audience

I see no names like Te Rauawaawa
    "Windermere" is the street name the complex is being built on. Dont know how long its been called that - maybe 70 years?. Its not a posh street.

Default Thanks ---Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Thank you Left field.
    Well---- OCA's building supervising Director will be earning his fee supervising this quite massive building expansion program!!! To me (small careful businesslady all my life) its staggering, dream world stuff and how is it capitalized? Well done so far OCA , I am impressed (if construction is paid for from existing capital ?)
    Wow she must eventually be some company this one ??
    $1.50 What a bargain!!

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Take it this is for analyst and fund managers

With site visits hope it drums up a bit of buying interest ...badly needs something to give the share price a move along.
    Last edited by winner69; 11-04-2019 at 09:24 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

With talks going on at the moment re property cycles. I was reading on NBR re OCA and Arvida aren't much affect by property cycles. I was surprised by that, any one has a take on that?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by longy View Post
    With talks going on at the moment re property cycles. I was reading on NBR re OCA and Arvida aren't much affect by property cycles. I was surprised by that, any one has a take on that?
    Not surprising because they are both still primarily care based companies and OCA has a focus on care suite development.

Veteran novice

Yes, an impressive amount of development proceeding and planned. I wonder, though, whether the emphasis on Auckland will act as a bit of a drag on the company, considering the property slowdown there. Notable, also, is the lack of any activity in Wellington, an area currently short of retirement options.

Disc: Holding

Quote Originally Posted by longy View Post
    Well with my family we had a very infirm elderly loved one in need of hospital care BUT had full intellect and a loving family and was not short of a bob so the Privately owned care suite offered us a miracle --hospital care with privacy and ownership. We couldn't "buy" the care suit quickly enough and what a fabulous thing it was --but like a house at Mill-brook it will cost but a fraction of the house our loved one owned . It led to a significance investment in OCA. So we couldn't have cared less if the house was down to half its value, it still covered the desperately needed care suite.

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    Well with my family we had a very infirm elderly loved one in need of hospital care BUT had full intellect and a loving family and was not short of a bob so the Privately owned care suite offered us a miracle --hospital care with privacy and ownership. We couldn't "buy" the care suit quickly enough and what a fabulous thing it was --but like a house at Mill-brook it will cost but a fraction of the house our loved one owned . It led to a significance investment in OCA. So we couldn't have cared less if the house was down to half its value, it still covered the desperately needed care suite.
    Great reminder this is primarily a NEEDS based business.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    So we couldn't have cared less if the house was down to half its value, it still covered the desperately needed care suite.
    That is a key point peopel seem to be missing out on.

Generally when we are younger we want to make a property purchase on the basis we will do OK out of it long term. Even if we buy / sell into the same market.

But with OCA (and the likes) this is (generally the last property decision an owner will make. So the focus will be on quality of life in the remaining years, not future property cycles. So if they take a "hit" on the sale of current property to get the final property for their future its not such a big issue.

Likely the only people grumble are those on the inheritance list. But maximising quality of life and care options should be the over-riding issue.