sharetrader
Page 543 of 1974 FirstFirst ... 4344349353353954054154254354454554654755359364310431543 ... LastLast
Results 5,421 to 5,430 of 19732

He presented at the N.Z. shareholders association meeting in late 2018 and everyone I know that attended that day was impressed with how clearly and articulately he presented and his professional but friendly and cordial manner in discussions after the meeting.

I understand he is a qualified lawyer and accountant, (dual degrees were too much hard work for this dog) and he is a good Christian man. He appears to have a really good heart for the care of residents and puts their needs first. I hear from Coutts he goes out of his way to visit all the villages on a very regular basis and goes out of his way to meet any staff that want to meet him, almost to the point where staff get sick of him visiting the villages and meeting with him. Make of that what you will but nobody is perfect and maybe he has a problem with delegation...or maybe he really does care a lot about the staff and residents welfare ?

I lost a bit of dough from Macca's first sell-down so steered a very wide pathway from their door with the second major tranche they sold down. Being bitten once, shame on them, bite me twice, shame on me. You know the old saying mate, "once bitten twice shy"

Mine were mostly in the 60's and low 70's. I will admit with high blood pressure I considered Mrs Beagle and I to be in the at risk group so was really scared at the start of the Covid 19 crisis. Too scared to even think about investing at the depths of the market in late March. All I could think then was if we could get through this Covid 19 thing okay with our health and finances intact and the same as what they were, that would be a great outcome.

I am sure there are others who have done better than me, those who did buy in the 40's and 50's.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-06-2020 at 12:14 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Prehaps as a lawyer he is aware of this responsibilities to the residents ? Well they are in good hands then and prehaps shareholder capital is also in good hand MR B?

Based on this alone, I would happily to work for him. The only time we ever see our CEO is once a year at our annual study day. I like that Earl cares about care, and that OCA is one of the few that understand and value the importance of having a big focus on care, not just property.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I hear from Coutts he goes out of his way to visit all the villages on a very regular basis and goes out of his way to meet any staff that want to meet him, almost to the point where staff get sick of him visiting the villages and meeting with him. Make of that what you will but nobody is perfect and maybe he has a problem with delegation...or maybe he really does care a lot about the staff and residents welfare?

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    Prehaps as a lawyer he is aware of this responsibilities to the residents ? Well they are in good hands then and prehaps shareholder capital is also in good hand MR B?
    I think so.
    Fundamentally this looks good. compelling value, excellent dividend yield, stable and growing needs based business trading on a PE of about 11. Cheap.
    Couta1 says 1 RYM = 10 OCA CA says its worth ~ $1.35.
    Technically...that's a very interesting looking chart OCACHART.jpg

Here you are justakiwi https://www.oceaniahealthcare.co.nz/jobs
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-06-2020 at 06:06 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Ha ha ... if they ever venture further south, who knows

Mine were mostly in the 60's and low 70's. I will admit with high blood pressure I considered Mrs Beagle and I to be in the at risk group so was really scared at the start of the Covid 19 crisis. Too scared to even think about investing at the depths of the market in late March. All I could think then was if we could get through this Covid 19 thing okay with our health and finances intact and the same as what they were, that would be a great outcome.

I am sure there are others who have done better than me, those who did buy in the 40's and 50's.
    Probably not many were traded in the 40’s and 50’s . My view at the time was well maybe they might go to 20 c and Maybe the aged care population was going to be decimated and nobody would be going near a retirement village. I did swap some Somerset for OCA at a higher price and I think that will prove to be the right decision.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    Probably not many were traded in the 40’s and 50’s . My view at the time was well maybe they might go to 20 c and Maybe the aged care population was going to be decimated and nobody would be going near a retirement village. I did swap some Somerset for OCA at a higher price and I think that will prove to be the right decision.
    I think that’s fair enough, wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of folks were thinking similarly. Instead of trading out, I watched my holdings get gutted to under 40 cents, but then said to myself, at what point would I be comfortable buying the rebound, which I did and now I have a great deal more OCA than before COVID at a greatly reduced holding price. I love the idea of buying assets, not so much selling them. Funny how as I’ve got older my focus has become even more long term, maybe in hindsight I should’ve deployed this strategy a long time ago. Buy assets when they’re cheap, don’t sell them. Just accumulate, forever.

Well done Baa Baa. I went and had a look back at this wild, swift and savage dip. There were only 7 trading days it traded under 60 cents and only 3 it traded under 50 cents but some of those days were high volume. Intraday low it ever reached was 38 cents, gee that was a scary day ! Fortune favours the brave and the quick. I was neither but made up for it with sustained buying shortly thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I think that’s fair enough, wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of folks were thinking similarly. Instead of trading out, I watched my holdings get gutted to under 40 cents, but then said to myself, at what point would I be comfortable buying the rebound, which I did and now I have a great deal more OCA than before COVID at a greatly reduced holding price. I love the idea of buying assets, not so much selling them. Funny how as I’ve got older my focus has become even more long term, maybe in hindsight I should’ve deployed this strategy a long time ago. Buy assets when they’re cheap, don’t sell them. Just accumulate, forever.
    I think your last sentence particularly makes a lot of sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I love the idea of buying assets, not so much selling them. Funny how as I’ve got older my focus has become even more long term, maybe in hindsight I should’ve deployed this strategy a long time ago. Buy assets when they’re cheap, don’t sell them. Just accumulate, forever.
    Looking back on my actions over the last 3 months, I wish I'd seen and heeded this advice back then! I seem to be having trouble holding nerve and stocks. OCA is a long term one though...honest ;-)