sharetrader
Page 63 of 1965 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667731131635631063 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Right! Why should them. The baby boomers worked hard..now young generations have no work ethic...complaint n complaint then blame it to the Asians....bloodily meme generations...
    and fed that attitude by the bleeding wingeing left , gut spineless prats !!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Why should they, this one and the previous generation are the selfish generation !!
    LOL. The generations that have enjoyed the fortune of benefiting from leveraged real estate capital gains as a result of falling interest rates now tell the generations largely locked out of owning stand alone housing that they should settle for either being renters or owning a small flat in a hastily built apartment block!

Not to mention that the younger generations have to deal with the inability of the older generations to supply sufficient residential land to cope with the demand for it due to investment, tax and migration policies.

Guru

and fed that attitude by the bleeding wingeing left , gut spineless prats !!
    Yikes...as opposed to the feeling of entitlement held by some baby boomers?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Yikes...as opposed to the feeling of entitlement held by some baby boomers?
    Bj, the trouble with these generations is that they "know their rights but do not acknowledge their responsibilities" and if there was another war they would say " its nothing to do with me , Im off for a coffffeee ! "

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    LOL. The generations that have enjoyed the fortune of benefiting from leveraged real estate capital gains as a result of falling interest rates now tell the generations largely locked out of owning stand alone housing that they should settle for either being renters or owning a small flat in a hastily built apartment block!

Not to mention that the younger generations have to deal with the inability of the older generations to supply sufficient residential land to cope with the demand for it due to investment, tax and migration policies.
    Bj , If you check history you will find in Auckland the issue of land available for housing can be sheeted back IMO to the ARC and its chairman one Mr Mike Lea who steadfastedly refused to zone rural land for housing in his tenure coupled with the last and preceeding Auck Council who was/is lead by a Labour mayor, what should we expect from the left, no real understanding of how business works and never will, just like this current mess of a government !!
    Last edited by whatsup; 04-11-2017 at 05:21 PM. Reason: correction

Why should they, this one and the previous generation are the selfish generation !!
    I'm not suggesting the Baby Boomers be required to go into retirement villages - just perhaps some kind of incentive might be more cost efficient than creating "Affordable Houses" in areas that don't already have established infrastructure for those going into the Affordable Houses

Advanced Member

Wow looks like a downtrend on no news... 90 cents coming up?? This sector is under huge pressure since government change. Long term holders don't need to stress..... Short term holders might want to break until 90 cents gets hit.

by the way these are guesses and no way financial advice
    Last edited by Ggcc; 20-11-2017 at 01:54 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Wow looks like a downtrend on no news... 90 cents coming up?? This sector is under huge pressure since government change. Long term holders don't need to stress..... Short term holders might want to break until 90 cents gets hit.

by the way these are guesses and no way financial advice
    Kinda crazy really isn't it... OCA trading on the lowest price to book ratio (the thing you'd think, if anything, would get hit when talking about property valuations), growth well into the double digits, have a reasonable development pipeline, a very solid reputation and position in the market, and to top it all off: low debt, and to top off the top off, over 4% dividend in the bank by this time next year (at current prices)...

Even craigs's report dated mid June reckoned it was worth 97 cents - and that was before OCA beat their prospectus EBIDTA and seemed to indicate it was "well positioned" to meet their prospectus forecasts for FY18.

Anyhow, "the original dog" is due to report their half year tomorrow, and some say OCA is the most comparable, so could be interesting - you'd think if "the original dog" produced an at least ok report, then "the new dog" would benefit somewhat, but then again you'd also think OCA would be significantly closer to the $1 mark than the 90 cent mark.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 20-11-2017 at 02:22 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Unhappy Such is life

Seems to be in on the Retirement Village Boat Lifting exercise.

I put a 'at market' bid in yesterday to have the market move quicker than my finger on the buy button.

I would be up 5% if I had pounced quicker !

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

I have purchased few start ups but I am,so far, delighted with this one. The care% of income pleases me and protects somewhat from property downturn. The returns look like being 5% double the bank rate and the leadership have their money up and appear to be legitimate builders of business as against scoundrels that plague us investors. Well done so far OHC