sharetrader
Page 309 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 2092592993053063073083093103113123133193594098091309 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 19415

Average sales price for a new apartment fell from $978k to $772k in first half

Probably location
    Last edited by winner69; 10-02-2019 at 10:22 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Same as Scales,SCL, great for investors.
    Not relevant. SCL was stolen off Hubbards investors by the receiver.

Time will tell whether Oceania lives up to all the fashion hype that these Old People Farms generate. All I said was it was a PE deal ex an Aussie seller , so just consider that.

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    In fairness sentiment has only changed after the financials were released. You can't fault people for changing their mind or altering their view when new information is available, in fact I find it honorable.

I agree with regards to being skeptical on any private equity sell off and personally am in no rush to load up on theses but am grateful to the free analysis posted here. I'm even more more appreciative of posters admitting when things may not be as rosey as they initially thought.
    Thanks. I think most serious investors run the ruler over companies they invest in every time they report or make a material announcement.
    Thanks guys for posting sales analysis...I've been too busy this week dealing with Holden issues.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

[QUOTE=Lola;746695]Not relevant. SCL was stolen off Hubbards investors by the receiver.

I happened to be a Scales shareholder when Hubbard and his co-horts ran it into the ground.
    The agm at The Chataeu on The Park was out of this world, with fine wines and crayfish.
    The agm at The ChCh Netball HQ when Hubbard and O'Sullivan glossed over serious questions from shareholders, was a disgrace.
    How Andy Borland turned it around was an act worthy of Houdini.

Can someone please explain how "private equity sale ex an Aust vendor" potentially impacts OCA.
    Im sorry if a silly question but would really appreciate being educated a little further.
    Thanks

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Can someone please explain how "private equity sale ex an Aust vendor" potentially impacts OCA.
    Im sorry if a silly question but would really appreciate being educated a little further.
    Thanks
    Macquarie interests floated the OCA IPO and is still the major shareholder. It's generally thought they will seek to further sell down at some time in the future. IPO's ex private equity funds have a very "mixed" history in NZ.
    Last edited by macduffy; 10-02-2019 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Thanks
    it doesnt , just the previous very bullish people making up any reason whatsoever for there lack of research in the first place haha to justify there oh its not such a good investment anymore.
    one step ahead of the herd

Remember though at IPO time the sellers (McQuaries) wanted $1.03 until the institutions laughed and beat them down to 0.89. So that discounted the Private Equity rip-off factor. And also of course, as time passes the company becomes more understood so the Private Equity dump becomes less of a factor .
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Remember though at IPO time the sellers (McQuaries) wanted $1.03 until the institutions laughed and beat them down to 0.89. So that discounted the Private Equity rip-off factor. And also of course, as time passes the company becomes more understood so the Private Equity dump becomes less of a factor .
    wrong 79c... imagine if they had listed it close to the top of the range? Roger's bold statements of OCA's outperformance would be totally invalid

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    wrong 79c... imagine if they had listed it close to the top of the range? Roger's bold statements of OCA's outperformance would be totally invalid
    You're worse than my granddaughter, always saying Granddad, imagine this... and Grandad, imagine that, which is fine for an 8 year old.
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-02-2019 at 08:48 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine