sharetrader
Page 287 of 1973 FirstFirst ... 1872372772832842852862872882892902912973373877871287 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 19730
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    PS Although my holding was small in comparison to what others hold I had too many
    Can you have too many? Very unlikely to go below $1 yet the market is chaotic and often has no clue what it is doing in the short term.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Can you have too many? Very unlikely to go below $1 yet the market is chaotic and often has no clue what it is doing in the short term.
    The wee Bear was feeling unbalanced Couta

Banned

The wee Bear was feeling unbalanced Couta
    That's a normal feeling for me.Lol

No surprises that the impulsive Bear has sold some. While it may be a good long term hold I can see the sp dribbling down slowly from here. If it goes below $1 I will probably buy them back. But ATM I am waiting for a dip in other shares that I think have more potential for growth in the short term at least. But who would know! Eitherway I am happy to hold onto some cash for a while.
    totally below 1 coming needs to take out that 1.04 low of before xmas first. looks like they are pinning there hopes on the 2 villages to be completed this year to provide the margins for the full yr. thats what earl told nbr but what about next yr then if margins are already under pressure? margin pressure is evident in the other stocks as well.
    one step ahead of the herd

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    totally below 1 coming needs to take out that 1.04 low of before xmas first. looks like they are pinning there hopes on the 2 villages to be completed this year to provide the margins for the full yr. that's what earl told nbr but what about next yr then if margins are already under pressure? margin pressure is evident in the other stocks as well.
    Not sure where you get the idea OCA "margins are already under pressure" Bull.

Earl commented....
    "Sales at our Meadow bank Village have been particularly strong, with all 62 apartments in stage 3 now either sold or under application. less than a year since this stage was completed."

"We have already received presale applications for 13 apartments at the Sands with strong pricing that reflects the high quality of the product."

Page 9- "Bayview" ....Demand for the remaining (21) care suites is expected to be strong.

So now it just comes down to whether Earl is putting a "spin" on things. From every source, including a friend who was very involved with the Macquarie float, I`m hearing that he is first class. So I have no issue trusting his comments.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    May pay to get a couple of Couta1's quotes printed off.
    One for yourself, and the other for the wall of the bowling club.....lol.
    ...but it’s painful having the blood slowly being squeezed out of you with no sign of the promised transfusion coming
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Default Keeping money in New Zealand

What I like about this business is... the more I own... the more money stays in New Zealand.

I believe with long term outlook many others hopefully see and feel the importance of being part owner of businesses in New Zealand. Not complaining once the milk has been spilt.

Be the fence at the top of the cliff. Not the ambulance at the bottom

Oh dear $1.04 again....never mind...Chinese year of the dog ends on 4 February 2019 so all those that bought a pup off Macca's when they sold down at $1.10 in September 2018 should be all good later next month...or maybe not. 2019 for the Chinese is the year of the brown earth pig
    Anyway enough silliness for me on Auckland anniversary day.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-01-2019 at 07:01 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Oh dear $1.04 again....never mind...Chinese year of the dog ends on 4 February 2019 so all those that bought a pup off Macca's when they sold down at $1.10 in September 2018 should be all good later next month.
    Could have been worse and closed at 103

Macquarie sucked in many eh ....wonder what they do next?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Just been looking at your interesting post on value creation v destruction. How do you (or others) rate Oceania for return on capital prospects?
    Last edited by DarkHorse; 28-01-2019 at 07:39 PM.