sharetrader
Page 306 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 2062562963023033043053063073083093103163564068061306 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 19415

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Both stocks have been hammered and both represent good value IMO.
    Agree 100%. Possibly worth noting that financials' in the US are up about 13% year to date and the Aussie banks had a big rally on Tuesday but HGH has been the laggard.
    That said I did note with the ASB announcement of their half year profit a big increase in bad and doubtful debt provisioning.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

We need to see cost controls kicking in with this company, wages to revenue ratios pulled into line through cutting back on overstaffing in certain areas and allowing workers to clock up too many unnecessary hours(Migrant workers will work every hour possible) I reckon the board who are all substantial shareholders need to set the tone here.
    Last edited by couta1; 07-02-2019 at 02:21 PM.

We need to see cost controls kicking in with this company, wages to revenue ratios pulled into line through cutting back on overstaffing in certain areas and allowing workers to clock up too many unnecessary hours(Migrant workers will work every hour possible) I reckon the board who are all substantial shareholders need to set the tone here.
    I couldn't agree more. Cost control simply hasn't been good enough. Total expenses up from $81m last period to $101m this half on only a $4m increase in revenue is not good enough. The company would have made a $3.2m loss if it were not for a $4.5m tax credit the NBR was calling into question the other day.
    Earl needs to seriously lift his game with cost control within the company and remember his primary role is to maximise shareholder profits. Toughen up man.
    Strict cost control is absolutely essential if this company is to be built into one that's widely respected in the investment community.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

good point couta cut the staff , then the residents will die quicker from lack of quality care and quality food. at least the re sales will go up.
    one step ahead of the herd

IMO

Yeah lets do it. i was in a dementia ward the other day up to 13 residents and 1 caregiver trying to get them all to the table sit them down and give them lunch, stress all round, yep great place to put your beloved and grow the s/p same time. Lets do this!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yeah lets do it. i was in a dementia ward the other day up to 13 residents and 1 caregiver trying to get them all to the table sit them down and give them lunch, stress all round, yep great place to put your beloved and grow the s/p same time. Lets do this!
    Lets have a facetious response why don't we. Have you considered that some people on here have knowledge of how OCA is running their operations. There are prescribed staff to resident ratio's and management need to stick to a disciplined formula and remember their responsibilities to shareholders and maintain tight discipline.
    Its all too easy to say we're investing in our staff and other such feel good PC platitudes and look like you're doing a good job when you're not. Good disciplined staff to resident ratio's and disciplined control of all costs and good care, are not mutually exclusive things.
    One thing I really like about Julian Cook is he has plenty of mongrel in him when it comes to cost control. I admire that.
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-02-2019 at 02:52 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    good point couta cut the staff , then the residents will die quicker from lack of quality care and quality food. at least the re sales will go up.
    Notice I said overstaffing in certain areas and unnecessary hours, I'm not talking about normal,accepted and benchmarked ratios here. One Rogue manager with no real appreciation for the fact that OCA is a listed company can do a lot of damage to bottom line profits before they are pulled into line by senior management.

Notice I said overstaffing in certain areas and unnecessary hours, I'm not talking about normal,accepted and benchmarked ratios here. One Rogue manager with no real appreciation for the fact that OCA is a listed company can do a lot of damage to bottom line profits before they are pulled into line by senior management.
    which areas are these you consider over staffed?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    which areas are these you consider over staffed?
    Can be in any area of the facility but care suite staffing would be one area that definitely needs to be controlled. Unnecessary hours are where staff are allowed to work extra hours on top of their rostered hours for no justifiable reason.

Can be in any area of the facility but care suite staffing would be one area that definitely needs to be controlled. Unnecessary hours are where staff are allowed to work extra hours on top of their rostered hours for no justifiable reason.
    i thought ocienia care suites were there with the purpose of you have care as your needs increase. always be downtime cause when can you plot when help is needed