sharetrader
Page 270 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 1702202602662672682692702712722732742803203707701270 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 19415
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    March, just in time for the Brexit crash?
    You could well be right. An English friend mentioned “It seems those idiot politicians will lose out from brexit and they would rather have a big fat eu pension instead of fight for their countries people”. I disagree and think the British are too stubborn to work with a greater Europe
    Last edited by Ggcc; 14-01-2019 at 03:29 PM.

One good thing about the half year result is that H118 Underlying npat was a pretty low $19.9m

So as long as they beat that low figure everybody will think all’s honky dory ....remember it’s all weighted to second half of year
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

~ $25m underlying profit would be a highly satisfactory result in my opinion. Good things take time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcILD9OJ2wg
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-01-2019 at 04:15 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    ~ $25m underlying profit would be a highly satisfactory result in my opinion. Good things take time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcILD9OJ2wg
    Jeez ...you have low expectations beagle.

h118 new sales were a miserable 23 units and yet they made $20m

Aren’t the last half new sales going to be something like 90 odd.

Maybe i’m right ....as long as they beat last year’s interim it will be seen as a great result.

Labour costs will be up, no question about that. Yes, I believe they are on track to "deliver" about 90 new units in the first half. Completion is one thing, sale of the units another. I'd rather have conservative expectations and be pleasantly surprised.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Completion of new units is the difficult bit I watch for,so many variables.
    If you have built good units, sales will come.
    Last edited by percy; 14-01-2019 at 07:01 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Completion of new units is the difficult bit I watch for,so many variables.
    If you have built good units, sales will come.
    They will indeed come, 'sales', will come in time of course, shrewd investors might be using that time to accumulate a decent holding while the SP is so lowly valued. It's like a gift no TA can give one, and no amount of FA or commentary can influence. Or so it seems.

Better to just be in the 'relatively early club' and accumulate as much as is reasonable and enjoy the ride from there. Long haul stuff is like that, ignorance to begin with, largely ignorant in between and then OMG enlightenment follows, but then it's too late for the uninvested.

I don't get the minutiae analysis of this sector, as a whole it is hot and has been for a while. People must like wondering, maybe academically whether such and such has a 0.x% something better yield than something else, but to be frank screw that, the whole sector is on fire and despite all that there's not a bad retirement company in the current climate and this is as good as any, maybe better, but who cares when you have a bit of all of them.

We should not split hairs so much imho, maybe focus on the overall sector opportunity. It's going to outperform most when few other sector opportunities seem apparent and the doom and gloom builds momentum.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    They will indeed come, 'sales', will come in time of course, shrewd investors might be using that time to accumulate a decent holding while the SP is so lowly valued. It's like a gift no TA can give one, and no amount of FA or commentary can influence. Or so it seems.

Better to just be in the 'relatively early club' and accumulate as much as is reasonable and enjoy the ride from there. Long haul stuff is like that, ignorance to begin with, largely ignorant in between and then OMG enlightenment follows, but then it's too late for the uninvested.

I don't get the minutiae analysis of this sector, as a whole it is hot and has been for a while. People must like wondering, maybe academically whether such and such has a 0.x% something better yield than something else, but to be frank screw that, the whole sector is on fire and despite all that there's not a bad retirement company in the current climate and this is as good as any, maybe better, but who cares when you have a bit of all of them.

We should not split hairs so much imho, maybe focus on the overall sector opportunity. It's going to outperform most when few other sector opportunities seem apparent and the doom and gloom builds momentum.
    A very good post Baa Baa, I reckon your on fire with a post like this one.

Any company whose business is around property will flourish while the property market flourishes. More so for the ones with large, cheap debt.

Im still keeping an eye on property (and driving factors like immigration and build rates), and interest rates on debt.

That was a good post by baabaa last night

Almost saying we should all chill out and not worry about this minutiae stuff.

In other words for the sake of our well-being should we ask for this thread to be closed down for a year.?

That way no one can can do minutiae stuff and we will all be better for it.....and heaps richer in a years time
    Last edited by winner69; 15-01-2019 at 07:52 AM.