sharetrader
Page 484 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 3844344744804814824834844854864874884945345849841484 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,840 of 19415

Hmmm. I've noticed a particularly strong correlation between OCA's share price and the Dow Index (in the morning) and then the Dow Index Futures (in the afternoon).
    If the Dow ends up, OCA opens up. As soon as the Dow Futures changes, OCA goes further up or trends down...

Quote Originally Posted by youngatheart View Post
    Hmmm. I've noticed a particularly strong correlation between OCA's share price and the Dow Index (in the morning) and then the Dow Index Futures (in the afternoon).
    If the Dow ends up, OCA opens up. As soon as the Dow Futures changes, OCA goes further up or trends down...
    Of course there are individual variations but at the end of the day its all the same market, risk on, or risk off.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    One then needs to ask what is the value of the underlying business

Surely ‘sentiment’ plays a large part in assessing that
    My statement was a mere reflection of people FOMOing and knowing nothing about the actual stocks going up and forgetting their downsides

I should declare I bought some OCA at 0.40

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    My statement was a mere reflection of people FOMOing and knowing nothing about the actual stocks going up and forgetting their downsides

I should declare I bought some OCA at 0.40
    Congrats, that's very clever buying in my opinion.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    I think it’s much more to do with the higher percentage of their business model being based on Care Beds with a govt guaranteed source of continuous income. Suddenly that difference instead of being a disadvantage is looking like a strength. Ie their model is not just built on property development.
    Speaking of the property development side of things... I know Jacinda said not on her watch after the last failed effort, but given the current extraordinary circumstances in which we find ourselves clocking up massive debt, I wonder if we might see the idea of a capital gains taxed refloated, particularly if they manage to squeak in without NZ First. I know there was much debate about the implications of CGT on these sorts of companies, of which I'm unsure what the conclusion was. Just food for thought.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    Speaking of the property development side of things... I know Jacinda said not on her watch after the last failed effort, but given the current extraordinary circumstances in which we find ourselves clocking up massive debt, I wonder if we might see the idea of a capital gains taxed refloated, particularly if they manage to squeak in without NZ First. I know there was much debate about the implications of CGT on these sorts of companies, of which I'm unsure what the conclusion was. Just food for thought.
    You have got to be kidding me - the vested interests will be stronger than ever. Another generation will be put off share investments - they will have seen dividends slashed, share prices slashed and KiwiSaver savings drop. So the paltry capitalisation of the NZ share market will become even more paltry.

it will be real estate investment for most de facto NZ pension assets with KiwiSaver receiving the barest minimum contributions. If political parties mess with introducing stamp duties on property and capital gains tax on leveraged assets, they won’t get elected.

NZX May close or be taken over by the ASX. Or, Perhaps an even greater shift overseas of NZ companies from the NZX. There will be further polarisation in wealth as the aristocracy of landowners rent their investments out to the 66% of the urban population (the new proletariat) who will be working for foreign owned business and industry and who will be unable to afford home ownership.

Well the preceding could be a consequence of the Great Coronavirus Recession.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 27-03-2020 at 11:12 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    You have got to be kidding me - the vested interests will be stronger than ever. Another generation will be put off share investments - they will have seen dividends slashed, share prices slashed and KiwiSaver savings drop. So the paltry capitalisation of the NZ share market will become even more paltry.

it will be real estate investment for most de facto NZ pension assets with KiwiSaver receiving the barest minimum contributions. If political parties mess with introducing stamp duties on property and capital gains tax on leveraged assets, they won’t get elected.

NZX May close or be taken over by the ASX. Or, Perhaps an even greater shift overseas of NZ companies from the NZX. There will be further polarisation in wealth as the aristocracy of landowners rent their investments out to the 66% of the urban population (the new proletariat) who will be working for foreign owned business and industry and who will be unable to afford home ownership.

Well the preceding could be a consequence of the Great Coronavirus Recession.
    Real Estate not the easiest at the moment .
    Plenty of people who thought Air BnB was an easy way to make money scarambling to find tenants ... Not so easy in Queenstown......
    Plenty of tenants saw the " Mortgage Holiday " headlines and emailed the landlord , we are not paying .
    So Real Estate will have a few wiped out that don't have the reserves or enough equity in the properties to get a "mortgage deferral " with their bank .
    So winners and losers in all asset classes.

Hi guys

I have been reluctant to post as i am a bit biased in this industry having owned and operated rest homes/retirement village since the early 90" s

Currently i only own a rest home having sold my previous operations a few years back.

My thoughts is only to do with the rest-home side of things

Thoughout the years i have been involved the industry as become tougher and harder to run (which as been good and Bad ) but with all the rules and regulations the DHB as still havent come up with a plan to stop the influx of people needing care and the service that we have to offer

For a example have a few years back my breakeven point was approx 72 % occ but with the extra Wages/Compliance costs it now is currently approx 80%
    However once you get over the 80% cause of the increased fees i due to inflation etc the profit is roughly the same as it was when the breakeven point was 72%
    So if you take extra care etc for the residents you should be running around 95% occ rate which i am pleased to say my facility achieves

NOW to the present situation we find ourselves in today apart from extra costs in following daily DHB procedures mainly cleaning products we are currently 100% full with a waiting list as people see us as one of the safest place for the elderly ( We had a vacancy last week and there was a list of clients wanting the room )
    my staff are well aware of there responsibilities and i am proud of everyone of them
    In Regards to Oceania they will still be making money in todays world for the reasons above (Even though Sales will be non exsitent and this will effect there bottom line )alot companies cant say this whilst we are in lock down
    So at $1.20 before this crises it deserved to be discounted to due being no sales but at .40 the other day and today at .59 cents it is once in a lifetime bargin
    Accordingly i dont normally buy shares but i have been buying truckloads at these prices
    DYOR Thanks

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brfc View Post
    Hi guys

I have been reluctant to post as i am a bit biased in this industry having owned and operated rest homes/retirement village since the early 90" s

Currently i only own a rest home having sold my previous operations a few years back.

My thoughts is only to do with the rest-home side of things

Thoughout the years i have been involved the industry as become tougher and harder to run (which as been good and Bad ) but with all the rules and regulations the DHB as still havent come up with a plan to stop the influx of people needing care and the service that we have to offer

For a example have a few years back my breakeven point was approx 72 % occ but with the extra Wages/Compliance costs it now is currently approx 80%
    However once you get over the 80% cause of the increased fees i due to inflation etc the profit is roughly the same as it was when the breakeven point was 72%
    So if you take extra care etc for the residents you should be running around 95% occ rate which i am pleased to say my facility achieves

NOW to the present situation we find ourselves in today apart from extra costs in following daily DHB procedures mainly cleaning products we are currently 100% full with a waiting list as people see us as one of the safest place for the elderly ( We had a vacancy last week and there was a list of clients wanting the room )
    my staff are well aware of there responsibilities and i am proud of everyone of them
    In Regards to Oceania they will still be making money in todays world for the reasons above (Even though Sales will be non exsitent and this will effect there bottom line )alot companies cant say this whilst we are in lock down
    So at $1.20 before this crises it deserved to be discounted to due being no sales but at .40 the other day and today at .59 cents it is once in a lifetime bargin
    Accordingly i dont normally buy shares but i have been buying truckloads at these prices
    DYOR Thanks
    Nice post thanks

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Nice post thanks
    BRFC-one of the best posts ever.Skin in the game-in everyway.
    Wisdom that only years of experience can give.
    I will sleep a lot better tonight having bought a lot last week just to see lots more selling.