sharetrader
Page 106 of 1963 FirstFirst ... 656961021031041051061071081091101161562066061106 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 19623

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    Hello Readers.
    It was caring for aged family members that first got me interested in a modest investment. My relations were very elderly but fit and enjoyed their own apartment purchased within a retirement "village". With the death of one and quickly deteriorating health of the surviving family member we were in a hell of a predicament as the village where the apartment was had no hospital care (as many villages don't) .We sold up the apartment at huge loss (the gain to the village owner was staggering thanks to selling it for more than double the original purchase cost, a $10000 selling fee and refurbishment fee of $35000, all agreed to by Grandpop upon purchase) and we trustees couldn't buy an OCA care suit fast enough. It was fabulous, we knew exactly the write off following death ($25 000 fixed) and my ancient mum was so happy. She passed away only 6 months later, we paid our $25000 loss (would have been the same if she lived 20 years) and couldn't have enjoyed the OCA experience more )I will say it again, 1st class hospital care paid by the Government in your own new suit --wow no wonder she was so happy) Popular ???? Line up folks.
    Thanks for sharing your experience.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

OCA better watch it’s back ....MPG might win this race yet as catching up fast

https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...&highlight=Oca
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    OCA better watch it’s back ....MPG might win this race yet as catching up fast

https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...&highlight=Oca
    No way.!!
    Incoming MPG ceo will want to "clean up the slate".

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    No way.!!
    Incoming MPG ceo will want to "clean up the slate".
    You seem to think that will be bad for the SP. Are you able to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Cleaning out the closets from remaining skeletons is normally good for the company, but it is unlikely to do any good to the short term share price - unless the new CEO finds less problems than the market expects. And if latter happens, the nagging question will remain: did (s)he not find them, or are they not there? So, I guess it might be better (s)he finds some more and the SP drops.

After the new CEO and next drop it might be worthwhile to consider re-investing (though not certain yet ...) ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

percy

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Cleaning out the closets from remaining skeletons is normally good for the company, but it is unlikely to do any good to the short term share price - unless the new CEO finds less problems than the market expects. And if latter happens, the nagging question will remain: did (s)he not find them, or are they not there? So, I guess it might be better (s)he finds some more and the SP drops.

After the new CEO and next drop it might be worthwhile to consider re-investing (though not certain yet ...) ...
    Thank you BP, you expressed my views better than I could have...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    New CEO's often clean out the books and attribute the additional expenditure and therefore smaller profit on their predecessor. Anything that is recognised as an expense now doesn't need to be recognised later when they are 100% responsible for the result. It also creates a lower historical profit improving the chances of growth in the next period.

Default A different path??

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    New CEO's often clean out the books and attribute the additional expenditure and therefore smaller profit on their predecessor. Anything that is recognised as an expense now doesn't need to be recognised later when they are 100% responsible for the result. It also creates a lower historical profit improving the chances of growth in the next period.
    Umm interesting Gaynor read today-- FC.--$435 000 to chair the BoD. $2.9 000 000 to get rid of CEO. Potential losses looming on the desperately needed Puhoi motorway job? Maybe it is time to review how we do things in NZ. Maybe a more careful, softly spoken, collaborative approach typically taken by the female gender of our society would see fairer, steady, less risky business behavior.(OCA !!) I don't know but the Telegraph article today about Alpha male trump is INDEED a major business worry.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    Umm interesting Gaynor read today-- FC.--$435 000 to chair the BoD. $2.9 000 000 to get rid of CEO. Potential losses looming on the desperately needed Puhoi motorway job? Maybe it is time to review how we do things in NZ. Maybe a more careful, softly spoken, collaborative approach typically taken by the female gender of our society would see fairer, steady, less risky business behavior.(OCA !!) I don't know but the Telegraph article today about Alpha male trump is INDEED a major business worry.
    Warren.
    It is in Fletchers DNA to destroy shareholders wealth.They have always done it.Buying duds from Steel Mills to Fine Paper Mills,from Crane to Laminex,from building construction to roading construction.
    Its what they do.
    No one really minds,in fact shareholders are arguing about who can give them the most to lose.?
    Last edited by percy; 21-04-2018 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Warren.
    It is in Fletchers DNA to destroy shareholders wealth.They have always done it.Buying duds from Steel Mills to Fine Paper Mills,from Crane to Laminex,from building construction to roading construction.
    Its what they do.
    No one really minds,in fact shareholders are arguing about who can give them the most to lose.?
    LOL This is the post of the week. I couldn't agree more. Really needs a name change from Fletcher Building to Fletcher Wrecking Ball !!
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-04-2018 at 10:38 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine