sharetrader
Page 186 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 861361761821831841851861871881891901962362866861186 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 19415

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Dont know where you would get that assumption. We are not all moneyed high rollers here!

By deduction I reckon those that asked for 10,000 or less probably got a full quota. Those that asked for more got scaled. The more you asked for the greater the scaling.
    I am definitely not a high roller. I asked for 1500 shares and was allocated 1000. I bought through FCNZ.

Advanced Member

Dont know where you would get that assumption. We are not all moneyed high rollers here!

By deduction I reckon those that asked for 10,000 or less probably got a full quota. Those that asked for more got scaled. The more you asked for the greater the scaling.
    You just made me laugh out loud. Great post.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossimarnz View Post
    I am definitely not a high roller. I asked for 1500 shares and was allocated 1000. I bought through FCNZ.
    Did you ask at $1.10 or a higher number?

Did you ask at $1.10 or a higher number?
    I bid at $1.12

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by herbert240 View Post
    To those who got allocated shares through their broker can I ask roughly how many you were able to obtain. I presume it was several hundred thousand?
    Several Hundred thousand (well that assumption, def doesnt include me...)

I got that assumption from my broker when we were having a general discussion on investments including Oceania. We never actually discussed numbers but I got the impression that they weren't interested in small investors for these sorts of issues so thanks mimimoke (and others) for enlightening me on that point. I will be better prepared next time.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Traderwannabe View Post
    Can you trade with Craigs online? How much brokerage do you pay?
    Im currently using ASB but trading on the ASX is expensive... $30 a trade is their minimum
    You are best to approach Craigs and negotiate with them.
    They are a lot more expensive than ASB and ANZ Securities.
    I would not be able to trade in Aussie unless I used Craigs.Transfering funds,taking up rights issues, and banking dividends, I would find impossible to do,as I am not computer savvy.
    So yes a lot more expensive,however it suits me, and I do get generous allocations to new issues and placements,as well as access to their research.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rossimarnz View Post
    Just curious if you don't mind me asking, what was the brokerage FCNZ charged on those 1000 shares?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Just curious if you don't mind me asking, what was the brokerage FCNZ charged on those 1000 shares?
    I can't answer the question on FCNZ ... however -

I bought my allocation through Chris Lee (I am one of his clients). I asked for and received a parcel worth $15k up to a SP of $1.11, and he didn't charge any brokerage at all.

I do assume though, that the underwriters are paying him a fee.

edit: above information was correct at the time of writing, but unfortunately just a billing error from Chris Lees office - I ended up paying 1.25% brokerage - check:

https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...l=1#post728392
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 08-09-2018 at 09:49 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I can't answer the question on FCNZ ... however -

I bought my allocation through Chris Lee (I am one of his clients). I asked for and received a parcel worth $15k up to a SP of $1.11, and he didn't charge any brokerage at all.

I do assume though, that the underwriters are paying him a fee.
    I paid $60 brokerage through FCNZ. I know that is expensive but I attribute much greater value to their advice and access to opportunities than I do to the cost of the brokerage I pay. I am investing for my children so have a long investment horizon and consider the brokerage costs as my gift to my kids.