sharetrader
Page 244 of 258 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 3863
  1. #3646
    Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,604

    Default

    Each share paid 3.15c into bank account after having tax deducted from 4.7c.

    Dividend statements will give you the information when you get them. If you are a 33c/$ tax payer then all will be correctly done. If less then when you file a return you will get a tax refund.

  2. #3647
    Handsome Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Shareprice = $1.05. Gross (before tax) dividend paid = $0.047 a share. So you get a gross divi yield of 4.48%

    Now take off your tax (say 33%) and you are left with a net return of 3%

    Which is a whole lote better than money sitting in a bank account.
    And if all goes to plan, increasing dividends in the years ahead

  3. #3648
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Each share paid 3.15c into bank account after having tax deducted from 4.7c.

    Dividend statements will give you the information when you get them. If you are a 33c/$ tax payer then all will be correctly done. If less then when you file a return you will get a tax refund.
    Is 33% always the tax rate then you claim it back if your tax rate is lower or can you nominate your actual tax rate if it's lower

  4. #3649
    Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    Is 33% always the tax rate then you claim it back if your tax rate is lower or can you nominate your actual tax rate if it's lower
    All dividends paid are net of any imputation credit and RWT. The two add up to 33c.

    If it is a PIE then there can be imputation credits or excluded amounts. Max deduction is 28c. However this is a final tax and does not need to be included in a tax return.

    But if your tax rate is 10.5c or 17.5c then it pays to include these to get some of the imputation credit refunded.

    No, you don't get a chance to nominate the rate for deduction for payouts from listed shares/units.
    Last edited by 777; 30-04-2019 at 10:18 AM.

  5. #3650
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    All dividends paid are net of any imputation credit and RWT. The two add up to 33c.

    If it is a PIE then there can be imputation credits or excluded amounts. Max deduction is 28c. However this is a final tax and does not need to be included in a tax return.

    But if your tax rate is 10.5c or 17.5c then it pays to include these to get some of the imputation credit refunded.

    No, you don't get a chance to nominate the rate for deduction for payouts from listed shares/units.
    Thanks 777....

  6. #3651
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    All dividends paid are net of any imputation credit and RWT. The two add up to 33c.

    If it is a PIE then there can be imputation credits or excluded amounts. Max deduction is 28c. However this is a final tax and does not need to be included in a tax return.

    But if your tax rate is 10.5c or 17.5c then it pays to include these to get some of the imputation credit refunded.

    No, you don't get a chance to nominate the rate for deduction for payouts from listed shares/units.
    A great summary 777, certainly clearer than a lot of company literature!
    And of course if you are invested in an unlisted PIE fund, you can elect your PIR %. And this should be checked each year (Due to retirement I'm in the process of changing mine with a few investments).
    Some companies contact you each year to remind you to check your rate is correct. Some don't.

  7. #3652
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    All good thanks..........agree better than money in the bank but not up there with HLG and AIR etc?
    Have a Gr8day.

  8. #3653
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    All good thanks..........agree better than money in the bank but not up there with HLG and AIR etc?
    I'd say less divvies, but much more potential for capital appreciation - certainly if you invest for the long haul.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  9. #3654
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    23,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Hopefully ...OCA will attract big investors at tmwr Macquarie investor conference in Sydney
    Yep a big event Macquaries put on over three days with more than 100 presentations.

    Hope punters found time to take in the Oceania one.
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

  10. #3655
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    At a cafe somewhere
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Wow. Two good days in a row. Are the bots on holiday or is this the start of a slow but steady climb to a higher level? Guess time will tell, but my fingers are crossed it's going back into the high teens (at least ) .
    Last edited by dubya; 30-04-2019 at 05:16 PM.

  11. #3656
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    7,623

    Default

    Anyone got a link to the MAQ OCA presentation (if out), it would be appreciated by the many holders here.

  12. #3657
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Anyone got a link to the MAQ OCA presentation (if out), it would be appreciated by the many holders here.
    It was released via the NZX first thing this morning...

  13. #3658
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    At a cafe somewhere
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Anyone got a link to the MAQ OCA presentation (if out), it would be appreciated by the many holders here.
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...786/298951.pdf

  14. #3659
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    23,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yep a big event Macquaries put on over three days with more than 100 presentations.

    Hope punters found time to take in the Oceania one.
    Wonder if more punters came to the OCA preso than the A2 one
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

  15. #3660
    Legend minimoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Not a bad presentation. But the thing I do not like is the NZ Aged Care Supreme Winner award on Page 2. Unclear if it is 2015 - 2017. Regardless it show they didn't win it in 2018. Which shows there is someone better. Dont need to highlight that to the market.

    reminds me of those sad restaurants that have their "menu" award form 1983 stuck in the front window

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •