sharetrader
Page 378 of 1964 FirstFirst ... 2783283683743753763773783793803813823884284788781378 ... LastLast
Results 3,771 to 3,780 of 19631
    Advanced Member

I think beagle maybe correct with OCA heading back to $1 shortly. A pure bargain for the longterm hunter

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I reckon about a third completed to date so still plenty to go.
    Thats got to be a great future generator having all that land at 2014 or earlier prices , reducing risk as well if property prices correct, which is looking unlikely to me.

Went past Windermere this morning. Shes going up pretty quick. Concrete slab down. Block work now high enough to see over the fence.

So Tomlinson increases his holdings

Sort of reads like he got some Macquarie shares .....Or did he already own them under Macquaries name
    Last edited by winner69; 27-05-2019 at 08:43 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    So Tomlinson increases his holdings

Sort of reads like he got some Macquarie shares .....Or did he already own them under Macquaries name
    Lack of price certainly makes the transaction vague.
    Not satisfactory.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Lack of price certainly makes the transaction vague.
    Not satisfactory.
    Using the word purchase suggests he did ‘buy’ some shares and this isn’t just a paper shuffling exercise to move some shares around to different ownerships.

Maybe if you want a few million more shares just give Macquarie a call is the game

Yes, Percy a bit vague
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

anybody looked at The Sands?
    I posted a month ish ago about what counts as delivered units... others mention on here (or implied) that things were gonna be all good and no worries.
    I've driven past today (1 day before OCA's financial year end, and a couple days after the first residents were meant to move in) and there are about 40 workmen on site, some scaffolding on some parts, at least 1 digger, gravel, and footpaths still to have concrete in them (this is what I roughly saw anyway)... thoughts?

share price not to great either so maybe some people worrying about the 'delivery' of 100 ish units... would be a big dent on OCA's track record... and as we know, it's all about building up a track record (oh and about the NPAT)

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    anybody looked at The Sands?
    I posted a month ish ago about what counts as delivered units... others mention on here (or implied) that things were gonna be all good and no worries.
    I've driven past today (1 day before OCA's financial year end, and a couple days after the first residents were meant to move in) and there are about 40 workmen on site, some scaffolding on some parts, at least 1 digger, gravel, and footpaths still to have concrete in them (this is what I roughly saw anyway)... thoughts?

share price not to great either so maybe some people worrying about the 'delivery' of 100 ish units... would be a big dent on OCA's track record... and as we know, it's all about building up a track record (oh and about the NPAT)
    I walked past the Sands this morning (as I do 2-3 times a week) and judging by the progress they have made in the last 2 weeks, I would say there is about another week or two of work left. A large part of the landscaping is done. There are at least 3 apartments occupied, judging by the furniture on the decks, the majority of the apartments have curtains, this would indicate a high level of completion. I notice they have installed pedestrian road crossings, one for ease of residents getting to the shops and the other for crossing the road to the beach & park, I wasn't expecting this level of consideration. The Sands sales office in the main street of Browns bay is closed down.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    I walked past the Sands this morning (as I do 2-3 times a week) and judging by the progress they have made in the last 2 weeks, I would say there is about another week or two of work left. A large part of the landscaping is done. There are at least 3 apartments occupied, judging by the furniture on the decks, the majority of the apartments have curtains, this would indicate a high level of completion. I notice they have installed pedestrian road crossings, one for ease of residents getting to the shops and the other for crossing the road to the beach & park, I wasn't expecting this level of consideration. The Sands sales office in the main street of Browns bay is closed down.
    It would have almost certainly been a requirement (I would have thought) to put a crossing at some point along the road given there actually isn't any official crossings around the place, but yes, still nicely done.

So the big question is, will they consider this standard (which, like me, you are not entirely sure if you could consider it complete), enough to count the 64 independent living units and 44 care suites in FY19's development activity? It would seem it would be cheeky of them to do so, but given this development is about 45% of the total units/beds/care suites expected to be delivered this FY19, it would be a huge blow if it wasn't... I suppose the bigger question is, what is the definition of 'delivered' or 'complete' for OCA?

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    Cheers for sharing. Sounds to me like they are on plan.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)