sharetrader
Page 342 of 1964 FirstFirst ... 2422923323383393403413423433443453463523924428421342 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 19640

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    They will have to get a move on to get it finished by 31 May...
    I suppose it also depends on what one deems is finished... is finished rooms with final inspections & touch ups to be made with gravel for a lawn? or is finished ready for occupation, and looking similar to the image that has been provided in multiple presentations? If it is the latter, I will be most impressed if it can be done by OCA's FY end!
    Time will tell. I think we're all now cognisant that the significant majority of sales will happen in FY20 anyway. Same with some of their other developments. I am viewing OCA profit growth as more a FY20 story now and I think anyone with a short term focus on the FY19 result is going to be disappointed. Multiple director purchases and some in quite large volume in recent times probably tells long term holders all they need to know to keep holding.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Time will tell. I think we're all now cognisant that the significant majority of sales will happen in FY20 anyway. Same with some of their other developments. I am viewing OCA profit growth as more a FY20 story now and I think anyone with a short term focus on the FY19 result is going to be disappointed. Multiple director purchases and some in quite large volume in recent times probably tells long term holders all they need to know to keep holding.
    Excellent post there Beagle. That's a very nice wrap up of what we have learned from SUM latest new sales figures and 1hy19 for OCA.
    Im tempted to switch out of Hlg to pick up SUM and OCA at fridays prices but im picking there has to be an easy 20 cents left in Hlg over the next few weeks (which includes the divi)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Excellent post there Beagle. That's a very nice wrap up of what we have learned from SUM latest new sales figures and 1hy19 for OCA.
    Im tempted to switch out of Hlg to pick up SUM and OCA at fridays prices but im picking there has to be an easy 20 cents left in Hlg over the next few weeks (which includes the divi)
    I wouldn't switch out my HLG for any other stock, it's been too good to me over the last couple of years better than any retirement sector stock has in the same time frame. Was only going to buy enough SUM to get to the AGM but my buy finger got carried away and I ended up with quite a few on Friday.PS-I still reckon OCA is the sector pick once it starts getting traction and is a more defensive play in a property downturn than SUM others.

Banned

Yup...been to HLG shops today..busy man...always busy

I walked past “The Sands” this morning, the last of the plastic wrap is coming off, the scaffolding is coming down and they are pouring the concrete for the public footpath outside. It’s all looking very flash for a retirement village, very impressive.
    I called in to the Sands storefront office in the main street of Browns Bay, the very nice and helpful lady there confirmed it will be open as planned in May and the first residents will be moving in on the 24th of May.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    I walked past “The Sands” this morning, the last of the plastic wrap is coming off, the scaffolding is coming down and they are pouring the concrete for the public footpath outside. It’s all looking very flash for a retirement village, very impressive.
    I called in to the Sands storefront office in the main street of Browns Bay, the very nice and helpful lady there confirmed it will be open as planned in May and the first residents will be moving in on the 24th of May.
    Excellent, even surprisingly good, news.
    No doubt it will be flash, those residents won't be happy moving into a place that still has bits and pieces lying around so I look forward to seeing a transformation from a full on construction site that it currently is, to the flash picture that has been advertised, in 6 and a bit weeks.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 08-04-2019 at 11:28 AM.

Good stuff...thank you for that. From all the house transformation TV shows I have watched it is often surprising once the core superstructure is there how little time it takes to put in all the nice finishing touches.
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-04-2019 at 11:15 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

the first residents will be moving in on the 24th of May.
    Great job Harley.
    I'min the mood to pop up there and have a look once she's up and going. Might count the moving trucks going in over a few days from the nearby pub.
    So it would seem at least some of the new sales will occur in FY 19.(by one week)
    I think the market has priced in such poor results that even selling a couple could exceed expectations.
    Last edited by Maverick; 08-04-2019 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    great job Harley.
    im in the mood to pop up there and have a look.
    So it would seem at least some of the new sales will occur in FY 19.(by one week)
    i think the market has price in such poor results that even selling a couple could exceed expectations.
    Advertising on the radio lately has also said they are opening in May. Earl is a man of good character, (in my opinion) and I seriously doubt he would condone misleading or disingenuous advertising so I think we can take it as read that what he said in late January about this project being on time and on budget hasn't changed.

Thumbs up OCA on time and on budget just as they said

Hi forum members. I rand Earl's office and while I didn't get him I got a manger from his office. I was told not only WILL the Sands be finished but a number of residents will have moved in by May 31 . I said "is this ahead of Schedule"? " No" I was told but "right on Schedule".
    $1.03 What a bargain.