sharetrader
Page 147 of 1961 FirstFirst ... 47971371431441451461471481491501511571972476471147 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 19601
    …just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

I`m not one for wasting time on conspiracy theories but this OCA share has been great to watch when it bounced between 98.-.99 for 2 months and now the last few days. The WAP makes it 1.12 all day long . But somehow a dribble of micro trades at $1.11 makes the price appear most of the day at $1.11 ... then BOOM!. Out of nowhere $450K trade off market. Me thinks some broker somewhere is transferring shares from his retail clients to himself (or his chummy mates) doing a deal at apparent market price of $1.11. While WE know it should be $1.12.
    See what a waste of time that was thinking about.... all will be revealed next Thursday.
    Last edited by Maverick; 17-07-2018 at 04:19 PM.

There we go again, SP goes back down to $1.11 on almost a nil trade , followed by and off market trade of another $450 k ....if I should mysteriously die in my sleep tonight make sure its reported as a suspicious death.

IMO

The day will come when it will be untenable for us little investors, we will become extinct and the soph bots and rich powerful orgs behind them will rule.Even now the odds are steepening against us whitebait. I canoe'd down a stream once past all the whitebaiter's holding their single nets. At the mouth into the harbour where there was no access by foot or car i saw a net stretched across the main current taking everything. Feels like that is coming,unscrupulous.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I`m not one for wasting time on conspiracy theories but this OCA share has been great to watch when it bounced between 98.-.99 for 2 months and now the last few days. The WAP makes it 1.12 all day long . But somehow a dribble of micro trades at $1.11 makes the price appear most of the day at $1.11 ... then BOOM!. Out of nowhere $450K trade off market. Me thinks some broker somewhere is transferring shares from his retail clients to himself (or his chummy mates) doing a deal at apparent market price of $1.11. While WE know it should be $1.12.
    See what a waste of time that was thinking about.... all will be revealed next Thursday.
    I don’t like the off-market movements either Maverick....but on my ANZ screen they are showing at 112c. So that seems ok ? Or am I not understanding correctly.

I`m actually not too bothered by the "big guys" playing their game, gaining a small percentage where they can. You and I have the huge advantages of being small and we don't have to answer to anyone which gives us autonomy to take quick action.
    I like your analogy of the whitebait getting shafted. That might well apply to the rank and file "mum and dad" population but I reckon just about everyone on this forum is far more likely to be thinking quite nicely for themselves and definitely not swimming in the school.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    The day will come when it will be untenable for us little investors, we will become extinct and the soph bots and rich powerful orgs behind them will rule.Even now the odds are steepening against us whitebait. I canoe'd down a stream once past all the whitebaiter's holding their single nets. At the mouth into the harbour where there was no access by foot or car i saw a net stretched across the main current taking everything. Feels like that is coming,unscrupulous.
    We're just about there already mate, IMO. I think all we can do is take our positions, and then check the price every 3 or 6 months. If the FA is OK, then commonsense will eventually prevail, despite the antics of these quants, and/or the funds that want to own the whole shebang, after driving the SP towards zero. I only really look at the opening and closing auctions these days, again, only for a bit of a laugh

Advanced Member

Just curious re the large trades referred to at $1.11 ? ANZ (thanks RTM) & also Stocknessmonster show 3 large off market trades $423,000, $336,000 & $84,000 went through after 4pm yesterday at $1.12.

Sorry if this a stupid question but were these additional to the 2 large off market trades referred to in discussion or why are they showing at $1.12?

Agreed, looking at yesterday's trading pattern & buy order demand, how on earth would such substantial trades go through at $1.11 ?

Appreciate anyones clarification on this.

Banned

Sold out couple months ago as focusing on finishing my new build. Now all sorted and got back in. Looking forward for next week result!!

So this week is the defining week

Doesn’t look like much buying leading in to the result announcement unless punters leaving it the last moment

Of course the share price will boom post announcement ..Warren says on track for $100m ..that’s a heck a lot of money
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

It seems very quiet. I've been accumulating a bit the last week or two. Tipped some more into HBL as well. These are the only 2 "cheap" shares I can see at present. Might get a bit more OCA this week. When OCA hits $1.30 it will be my biggest holding