sharetrader
Page 623 of 1973 FirstFirst ... 12352357361361962062162262362462562662763367372311231623 ... LastLast
Results 6,221 to 6,230 of 19727

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    I read about the underwriting of the dividend reinvestment. Sounded strange to me. Why would that be necessary. Still a relatively small amount. But one thing about a small dividend the SP doesn't move so much when going Ex.

I have been pushing OCA as a long term hold, but have recently had some doubts. Just with the inevitable 2nd wave to come in NZ. Ending of the QE etc. But balancing that with the holding of large amounts of cash, I am really in a quandry as to whether to sell. or hold. Never before have I been in a position as to not knowing what to do. Take a profit or hold for security for the future.
    I know - diversification is boring, but boring is good for sleep. I kept some of our money in shares (like OCA), put some of it into gold (-miners), some into bear funds and some is kept as cash. Admittedly - the upside potential is limited, but the downside potential as well ... and hey - my wife tells me that I am sleeping quite well these days :
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    .... Agree with Cyclical that I think this is a good long term hold for a MODEST part of my portfolio. But unlike Cyclical, I see better places where I want to have bigger chunks of my money invested at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    I'm all ears, iceman. Please share ;-)
    Perhaps it's not all about dividend plays and I agree with Iceman, OCA is not 'the only game in town.'

If you want to see what other better options there are, simply check out the top entries in the 2020 Share Picking Competition.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 04-08-2020 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Perhaps it's not all about dividend plays and I agree with Iceman, OCA is not 'the only game in town.'

If you want to see what other better options there are, simply check out the top entries in the 2020 Share Picking Competition.
    Good point Leftie

Sharetrader Top 5 would be doing a lot better in the comp if so many hadn’t jumped on the OCA bandwagon seduced by all the hype of riches to come.

Jeez ATM up 40% while OCA down 20%
    Last edited by winner69; 04-08-2020 at 08:59 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by teabag View Post
    Hi guys
    Can anyone make sense of the Buy/Sell table from ASB for OCA, takenjust before 5pm today - some buyers at $1.09, some sellers at $0.94.
    Is this an after closing aberration of some kind?

Attachment 11835
    This guy explains it well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ay1lOK1l9Y

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    I am really in a quandry as to whether to sell. or hold. Never before have I been in a position as to not knowing what to do. Take a profit or hold for security for the future.
    The sleep test is a great way of figuring out if you are investing (and you know your investment- and in OCAs case that is very difficult without a load of effort) or you are gambling.
    If you can roll your Covid dice for another few weeks (after all , there's been no community transmission for 3 months now) then why not wait to see what the directors do now they have a buying window.

I`ve particularly got an eye on what Greg T does , He`s been with the company from what it was way back then to where it is currently sitting at this stage of its transformation. I've met him only once but and he really impressed me that he knows this puppy inside and out.
    Last edited by Maverick; 04-08-2020 at 10:45 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    The sleep test is a great way of figuring out if you are investing (and you know your investment- and in OCAs case that is very difficult without a load of effort) or you are gambling.
    If you can roll your Covid dice for another few weeks (after all , there's been no community transmission for 3 months now) then why not wait to see what the directors do now they have a buying window.

I`ve particularly got an eye on what Greg T does , He`s been with the company from what it was way back then to where it is currently sitting at this stage of its transformation. I've met him only once but and he really impressed me that he knows this puppy inside and out.
    That's a great idea, thanks. They are slightly oversized in my portfolio...I am slightly in the black ignoring the gain I made when I sold ~50% @136. And was wondering whether to reduce my portfolio % or just sit. One thing for sure...if /when they get back to mid 130's.....I will be reducing my allocation a tad.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Good point Leftie

Sharetrader Top 5 would be doing a lot better in the comp if so many hadn’t jumped on the OCA bandwagon seduced by all the hype of riches to come.

Jeez ATM up 40% while OCA down 20%
    Lest we forget ATM SP has averaged around 100%pa gains for the last 5 yrs or more! (In my portfolio it shows as being up over 9,000%.... and that is conservative!)

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    That's a great idea, thanks. They are slightly oversized in my portfolio...I am slightly in the black ignoring the gain I made when I sold ~50% @136. And was wondering whether to reduce my portfolio % or just sit. One thing for sure...if /when they get back to mid 130's.....I will be reducing my allocation a tad.
    Hope that when OCA gets back to mid 130s they will be a smaller % of your portfolio .....and you won’t have to reduce your holding.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hope that when OCA gets back to mid 130s they will be a smaller % of your portfolio .....and you won’t have to reduce your holding.
    That would be a fantastic result....but would mean that everything else will have to grow slower than OCA......hmmmm....doesn't feel like that is a likely outcome....who knows. Be interesting to come back to that in 12 months or so.

Guru

Commercial property stocks appear to be the new inflation hedging stocks some only paying now 2.5% the new term deposit and with property prices holding up nicely it maybe you will get your 1.30 after all.