sharetrader
Page 636 of 1964 FirstFirst ... 13653658662663263363463563663763863964064668673611361636 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,360 of 19640
    Guru

retirement villages are not as safe as we thought as the hamilton breach indicates. The government does not have the testing supplies needed to test front line staff often enough and have misled the public. The uni science group i hang out with socially informed me of there labs being searched for supplies after we got to level 2. They must be running low on supplies or rationing it. Its not life as usual and i dont know why they let the population lose in the first place.... Think Victory Lap NZ ....ah NO. They cant pull this everytime not sure why the market hasnt sold off. Next Time.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 14-08-2020 at 10:30 PM.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    retirement villages are not as safe as we thought as the hamilton breach indicates. The government does not have the testing supplies needed to test front line staff often enough and have misled the public. The uni science group i hang out with socially informed me of there labs being searched for supplies after we got to level 2. They must be running low on supplies or rationing it. Its not life as usual and i dont know why they let the population lose in the first place.... Think Victory Lap NZ ....ah NO. They cant pull this everytime not sure why the market hasnt sold off. Next Time.
    Property prices/values up 15% year on year.... see Winner's post on the SUM thread.

All good to hold as part of a well balanced portfolio.

If OCA drops below 80c I'll simply add more to my collection. Life is good!

Covid does not affect the performance of lifestyle villages. Any extra costs which are covid related will eventually be passed onto residents. How can any residents expect an operator to spend on additional measures to protect their residents and absorb those costs. The tsunami of new residents will not stop. Property prices seem to have firmed. Inflationery pressures will increase prices as well. I would like to know how in the long term lifestyle villages will be adversely affected.

Guru

sorry i ment sell off in NZX in general if there is another round of level 4. But if you want really fast returns than Nvidia.

im fully aware of the effect of QE on the property market from the last GFC. There has been no inflation now since i cant remember when.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 15-08-2020 at 09:46 AM.

sorry i ment sell off in NZX in general if there is another round of level 4. But if you want really fast returns than Nvidia.

im fully aware of the effect of QE on the property market from the last GFC. There has been no inflation now since i cant remember when.
    You seem to have a short memory. Asset prices of all sorts are widely inflated. Gold is ways more expensive than a year ago. Real Estate prices did shoot through the roof. Prices for council services cranking up every year by 4 to 5 %, and so do insurance premiums (often by more). Most shares are much more expensive than they used to be a couple of years ago ... and while I have no clue how the department of lies and statistics can't fathom an inflation in the prices of consumer goods: most groceries are getting more expensive as well: Just check the prices for e.g. cheese - butter - bread - milk - wine ...

Inflation is rampant. We just choose to ignore it.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

You can go and argue that with OECD economic statistic departments.

https://www.bea.gov/

https://www.commerce.gov/data-and-re...mic-indicators

sorry this is off topic.

or over as cup of tea as to GDP methods with Prof Ms Warring. Author of "Accounting for Nothing"
    Last edited by Waltzing; 15-08-2020 at 10:23 AM.

Veteran novice

Quite so, BlackPeter. The dramatic slide in the price pf oil has blinded the statistics to the fact that most other commodities and services continue to cost more - houses, rents, insurance, rates - for starters.

Guru

Houses are not consumed, CPI is a consumption index.

You will need to create a new index and i think you will find that a lot harder then it looks. Good luck tell me in the next universe when you succeed.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 15-08-2020 at 03:24 PM.

Houses are not consumed, CPI is a consumption index.

You will need to create a new index and i think you will find that a lot harder then it looks. Good luck tell me in the next universe when you succeed.
    Quite meaningless index then, given that the cost of housing (no matter whether it is rent or the cost of ownership) are for many households the biggest expense they have ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    You seem to have a short memory. Asset prices of all sorts are widely inflated. Gold is ways more expensive than a year ago. Real Estate prices did shoot through the roof. Prices for council services cranking up every year by 4 to 5 %, and so do insurance premiums (often by more). Most shares are much more expensive than they used to be a couple of years ago ... and while I have no clue how the department of lies and statistics can't fathom an inflation in the prices of consumer goods: most groceries are getting more expensive as well: Just check the prices for e.g. cheese - butter - bread - milk - wine ...

absolutely correct.

luxuries and nice to have have been getting significantly cheaper for equivelant good / service e.g Flights, Computers and any tech including phones, media like movies, netflix, news etc...

meanwhile the must-haves have exploded in price as Macduffy has said rent, house prices, rates etc...

there is insufficient weighting of these more important or ‘base’ goods when it comes to measuring inflation. The stats models have been entirely unreflective of reality.

i’ll also add that a family member of mine who is a licensed real estate agent sold a house yesterday in christchurch for 300k over the sellers asking price going for 1.15m. Crazy
    Last edited by Mr Slothbear; 15-08-2020 at 03:40 PM.